Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by hop View Post
    Sorry, my wording might have been a bit confusing. What I meant was that most (or at least every party that I've heard from in the past few years) that ski the NWC ascend the WS and therefore get their conditions report from the top down instead of booting up the NWC and knowing exactly what they're in for and where to go. The "climb what you ski" approach to ski mountaineering definitely seems to work best (at least in theory, for me, in the comfort of my home) vs. the Hans Saari method of top-down conditions guesstimation.

Some people make mistakes and learn from them. Others die. Glad you're part of the former. Keep up the stoke!

BTW, you can probably thank Zack, Molly, Ben Price, and one of the Provos for that perfect skin track up the WS.
    just looking back now,after reading about losing Erik yesterday, has really put me in a funk. i wish i felt like i did when hop wrote this than i do now. i'm sad but could not imagine the grief the families of these shining stars are feeling.
    bF
    Alpental Indigenous

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    just looking back now,after reading about losing Erik yesterday, has really put me in a funk. i wish i felt like i did when hop wrote this than i do now. i'm sad but could not imagine the grief the families of these shining stars are feeling.
    I can empathize with how you're feeling about this. I was also pretty subdued after hearing about Erik yesterday. We overlapped a trip to Revelstoke with him and some other Rossignol/Dynastar athletes a few years ago so I was around him for a couple of days. Just a great, down to earth guy who loved what he did and having fun doing it. Really a class act all the way around.

I quit hanging out at this forum for awhile after other shining stars had died doing this kind of stuff. I just didn't want to be around it when icons of our sport fall victim to bad choices or just plain bad luck. I've known or met a few of them over the years and it's just heartbreaking to see them taken so young, leaving behind loved ones, kids, close friends. It's a paradox that I haven't fully sorted out. I don't know, I know that we can't/shouldn't live our lives sitting on a couch because we're afraid of consequences but pushing the line too far has such unrecoverable circumstances that it makes me question the purpose of it all. I may be back in recluse mode after this. It's just too depressing.

Amazing pictures

That is one beautiful mountain.

nice line

good line!

Pics seem to be broken but we can and should still raise a glass to (or turn a turn for, or live a little like) BettyDee.

Ich bitte dich nur, weck mich nicht.

sucks looks like we're going to lose the BettyDee pic archive
    bF
    Alpental Indigenous

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    sucks looks like we're going to lose the BettyDee pic archive

if anyone has an upgraded photobucket account would d/l all the pics from her TRs and upload them someplace that doesn't suck, Ill buy them a 6-er of their favorite beer.

Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post
    if anyone has an upgraded photobucket account would d/l all the pics from her TRs and upload them someplace that doesn't suck, Ill buy them a 6-er of their favorite beer.
    +1. I think I'd sooner let my own pics go than pay the ransom, but if all it takes is a couple bucks to get BettyDee's back up I'd happily contribute. Sucks her website went to some spambot so fast.

Why stick with Photobucket? If we're pitching money in for anything if almost rather ask tgr to host. But we could switch to something else. There was a post about using Amazon (AWS?) For hosting. We could do something like that for history preservation

Here is her library at photobucket:

http://s1124.photobucket.com/user/li...?sort=3&page=1

Someone with time could download images and upload to TGR. It would be a pain, but doable.

Google Chrome has a new add on that will show the broken links!

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...pkaon?hl=en-US
    I love you, baby, but the season's over.