Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    excellent, thanks for sharing!

Lookin good Liz & Blaine!

Way to get it, girl!! God it's been gorgeous out there.
    "In the end, these things matter most: how well did you love? How fully did you live? How deeply did you let go?" - Buddha

"Come back alive, come back as friends, get to the top-in that order." -Mark Twight

oh so beautiful
    I can't believe you are a rando racer because I look so much better in Lycra than you.

People who don't think the Earth is flat haven't skied Vail.

spook Guest
    beautiful pics

i think im in love. looks badass!

Yeah, don't follow those tracks to the right... Sorry about that one. It was our first time up there too.

Dropped the NW Couloir New Years Day for an amazing start to the year. So happy to see people are still taking advantage of the sun shine and the almighty Shuksan.

Keep on killing it! And give me a call next time you plan something gnarly!

Spencerhutch! We actually didn't see your tracks at the top there but saw them on the face after the traverse. So you dropped too far right too eh? Did you hike out too or rap? Or boost!? I was actually pretty gripped at that point, the line seemed a lot more mellow after that. Such a sick line, in awesome snow!
    www.lizdaley.us
    @liz_daley

Yeah we dropped to the right as well. Not quite as far as you guys though, maybe 200 ft, and called it a no go! The boot pack back up was a little puckering but nothing near blue ice!

The snow on the face was mediocre as well. When we hit it the snow was pretty wind affected and crusty, still nice if you stayed tucked into the rocks. Had some friends drop it on the 30th with powder from top to bottom, very envious. Either way it's an awesome run and I am damn happy to have finally got it!

Great stuff!

One of the best lines in America.

Wow! Bump for made props.

Sweet line! One of these days I'll still never ski it.

Out of curiosity, why are most/all parties ascending the White Salmon to ski down the NW Couloir? Seems like a lot of the route-finding oopsies could be avoided, not to mention not pulling a Hans Saari (RIP), by climbing up the thing before skiing down. Sure, it'd be a lot of bootpacking but that never seemed to stop Trevor and Eric, or the folks that I know that skied it back in the day.

One reason these days could be "we didn't climb up because we didn't know who was going to be coming down above us". I guess that wasn't really a problem 10 years ago.
    Putting the "core" in corporate, one turn at a time.

Metalmücil 2010 - 2013 "Go Home" album is now a free download

The Bonin Petrels

Wow, sick and beautiful. Can I ski with you? You must be in desperate need of more dudes to shred with
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Quote Originally Posted by road trip View Post
    Wow! Bump for made props.
    Movie props?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mainpic1.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	103.4 KB 
ID:	129440  

doughboyshredder Guest
    Just imagining unstrapping above blue ice and exposure and then putting on crampons has me scared. Wow!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using TGR Forums

@goingthedistance: No movie this time. My GoPro case is scratched.

@tonecapone: ALWAYS need more partners!

@hop: I don't really think most people who ascend the White Salmon ski the NW couloir. I think most of them probably try to get to the summit then ski back down the White Salmon. It's a great ski because it's the most direct line right back down to the drainage and it stares you right in the face from the resort, making it so alluring. We didn't boot up it because there was a perfect skin track in up the WS, also it was suppose to be pretty warm that day so we didn't want shit coming down on our heads. We did consider it though. Also, it's hard when you're on top of a blind rollover to know where to go. Nothing I read in any beta said not to go far skiers right or you'll get fucked. It might even fill in later on in the season, making it an acceptable entrance. You make mistakes in the mountains and you learn from them, I didn't think booting back out was that big of a deal. It was a better decision than airing out into the crux or sliding across blue ice with two axes...
    www.lizdaley.us
    @liz_daley

Quote Originally Posted by BettyDee View Post
    @hop: I don't really think most people who ascend the White Salmon ski the NW couloir. I think most of them probably try to get to the summit then ski back down the White Salmon. It's a great ski because it's the most direct line right back down to the drainage and it stares you right in the face from the resort, making it so alluring. We didn't boot up it because there was a perfect skin track in up the WS, also it was suppose to be pretty warm that day so we didn't want shit coming down on our heads. We did consider it though. Also, it's hard when you're on top of a blind rollover to know where to go. Nothing I read in any beta said not to go far skiers right or you'll get fucked. It might even fill in later on in the season, making it an acceptable entrance. You make mistakes in the mountains and you learn from them, I didn't think booting back out was that big of a deal. It was a better decision than airing out into the crux or sliding across blue ice with two axes...
    Sorry, my wording might have been a bit confusing. What I meant was that most (or at least every party that I've heard from in the past few years) that ski the NWC ascend the WS and therefore get their conditions report from the top down instead of booting up the NWC and knowing exactly what they're in for and where to go. The "climb what you ski" approach to ski mountaineering definitely seems to work best (at least in theory, for me, in the comfort of my home) vs. the Hans Saari method of top-down conditions guesstimation.

Some people make mistakes and learn from them. Others die. Glad you're part of the former. Keep up the stoke!

BTW, you can probably thank Zack, Molly, Ben Price, and one of the Provos for that perfect skin track up the WS.
    Putting the "core" in corporate, one turn at a time.

Metalmücil 2010 - 2013 "Go Home" album is now a free download

The Bonin Petrels

Wow, that was fantastic! Thanks so much.
    Keep your tips up and always remember to unhook your pack from the chair...

Good times, great post. Way to get after it.

Sick.

You heading to Cham this winter?

I kinda wish it wasn't snowing 2 inches an hour when I went there for the first (and only) time this year, I would like to see those mountains!
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

Looks decent.

Quote Originally Posted by CarveMan View Post
    Sick.

You heading to Cham this winter?
    Totally! Leaving on Wednesday for three months!
    www.lizdaley.us
    @liz_daley

rad!!way to get after it

bumpitybump
    Ich bitte dich nur, weck mich nicht.