Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast
    Anybody know if these scammers are back in Jackson Hole. The OP sounds like he's in on the scam too, what became of him?

After sifting through this thread I only have one thing to add:

1) I have some pretty good ideas on how to pay off my student loans a couple years from now....

Quote Originally Posted by astralboy15 View Post
    After sifting through this thread I only have one thing to add:

1) I have some pretty good ideas on how to pay off my student loans a couple years from now....
    that would be far more forgivable than the move these trusties pulled

On what page does it become evident that it was a scam? I been leaning towards a version of the truth where the events were heavily exaggerated, but did they lose nothing? In the pictures they clearly have their teeth and no bruises / damage on the van, etc. I'm also surprised that VTsession hasn't deleted this thread, but I wouldn't mind a comment or two of clarification or reflection. I 100 percent believe that he was misled on this as as well, but leaving it just hanging and getting bounced every once a while is just odd.

FWIW, I am glad that these guys are ok, it makes me that much closer to feeling good about jumping on RideIt's mag summit next season.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

The dude really did get his front teeth knocked out, but you gotta go by their word as to how. Tough to do, when other words of there's are easy to prove false (one of the girls triumphantly returns to Jackson Hole airport wearing the jacket she claimed the savages stole, for example).

What VTsession posted is equivalent to about thirty other posts that all happened at the same time -- they hit every hiking, backpacking, climbing, and overlanding forum they could find claiming they needed US Government help but they never followed up as to what government help they actually needed or used. But at each of the forums, after the original post got a few replies, they then added the links to how everybody could send them money.

What really bothers me is that these people raised all kinds of money just so that they could continue their South American vacation. It's one thing if they got the shit kicked out of them so badly and needed help paying medical bills or something, but to turn around and take all the money that people gave you to help you out of a jam and use it to continue your entitled lifestyle is pretty fucking pathetic. If I see that guy in town, I might knock his teeth back out

Quote Originally Posted by meatspicy View Post
    When I see that guy in town, I might knock his teeth back out
    fixed it for you. jackson is too small.
    Big skis from small companies at Backcountry Freeskier

So just curious.. what was the up shot with everything...bar fight gone bad?? truck really messed up??? either way karma is a bitch trust it will get you ....that's why I had a baby girl.....
    always forward but never straight

these scammers are known by the locals? mark their cars, house .....even their kids shouldn't be off limits...fuck em up....torture their pets......shove broken glass up their ass .....please put a bucket of shit in their camper ,upsidedown....lol
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

I have finally figured out this TGR place. It is basically uninteresting narcissists attacking other uninteresting narcissists. Reminds me of the Left Bank.

I remember one night Hadley and I were invited by the Murphys for a dinner with a "great Bolshevik poet." We were promised a night of fine dining and fascinating conversation. What we ended up with was perch overpoached in wine and an assortment of petty arguments. The Bolshevik was a boor and could not speak French or English. He communicated through his mistress, who was unremarkable except for her large size and perfectly round head. Making love to her would have been great practice for a career in piano moving.

Anyway, TGR reminds me of dinner that night but without the poached fish or the assortment of smart, leisure-class homosexuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I have finally figured out this TGR place.
    took ya long enough.

yer stories are pretty ghey, btw

rog

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    Erik Prince
    interesting guy right there.

Don't know if this has been posted.

http://www.caretas.com.pe/Main.asp?T...2423&Idx=0#top

There's a special place in the 8th ring of the Inferno reserved for these fast-shuffling hoodwinks.
    You've got to have the courage to say to your wife, "Get in there and make me some bean dip."
    -Vernon Dozier

do these photos verify their story or conflict with it
    ayuh

This thread has resurfaced? Somebody please figure out what the hell actually happened. It all sounds like BS to me.

Sounds like entitled east coast low life that wanted a free ride. The whole story is just to over the top to be true. Like some bad novel that's being rewritten as truth, when its all just fiction. I've done that trip, took eight months, everyone I met was awesome, all the way to Ushuaia. I worked my ass off saving money for the trip, so no I ain't a typical transplant trustafarian.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigeast View Post
    Step 1. Read the OP's original post, see BOLD

Quote Originally Posted by VTsession View Post
    I know this isn't ski related but we need some help.

My fiancé's brother and his wife are on a year long honeymoon, driving from their home in Jackson, WY all the way to the southern tip of South America. They left last March and are traveling in a Tacoma with a camper on the back, surfing and hiking along the way. My fiance's sister joined them for Christmas in Peru on Dec 22nd for the holidays.

Their camper was attacked a couple days ago and all were brutally attacked, kidnapped and robbed near Cuzco, Peru. The camper was trashed, they were all roughed up, missing teeth, hundreds of stitches between the three of them. They were held at gun point by an angry mob and managed to get away after 24 hours of interrogations and abuse. Everything was stolen - money, passports, clothing, surfboards, all their gear. Their camper is also trashed and is now not really functioning. They are afraid to go retrieve the truck because that's near the place of the attack.

They managed to get to a medical clinic to get medical treatment and are currently hiding out at a hotel in Cuzco, Peru.

So far I've called the Wyoming Police and they had me call the WY FBI office and I left a message. My fiance is writing and calling local WY government officials trying to get some help. But they are still stranded there with nothing but the clothes on their back. They have filed police reports but local police are not being helpful. According to them, no one is being helpful - they couldn't even get an ambulance ride once they escaped. The only people who have helped them are people at the local U.S. Consulate office

I'm hoping someone of authority in Wyoming (or anywhere) can help. These are good local people who are in desperate need of help. You may now these folks if you live in Jackson - they're great people who love traveling and adventure.

Help, advice is appreciated.
    Step 2. Read the couples personal account here
    http://adventureamericas.wordpress.c...tmare-in-peru/

Step 3. Use deductive reasoning to try and put the pieces together.

Step 4. Read the rest of their blog, including pics from their continued trip under the photo albums link.

Step 5. Wish them well after managing to recover from their "very traumatic experience," found new glass for the truck, fixed the pop-up, recovered their stolen goods, repaired their teeth, healed their scars, found a computer to post thier exploits, meet another brah with a 'Yota, recover their passports and debit cards and continue the trip for nearly 4 more months after only wanting enough money to return to the US.

Step 6. Become flabbergasted, disgusted, then angry.

Step 7. Get some beer.

Step 8. Drink said beer.

Repeat Step 8. Then step 7, if necessary.
    You've got to have the courage to say to your wife, "Get in there and make me some bean dip."
    -Vernon Dozier

Quote Originally Posted by thebigeast View Post
    Pictures basically verify the story.

So again... how is/was this a scam? Their original plan was to go to Argentina and that's what they are doing.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Another story of money unjustly earned. No different than Nicki Minaj making shitty music and getting very rich from it.

Quote Originally Posted by GoAskAlice View Post

Step 2. Read the couples personal account here
    http://adventureamericas.wordpress.c...tmare-in-peru/

Step 7. Get some beer.

Step 8. Drink said beer.

Repeat Step 8. Then step 7, if necessary.
    Read that blog, major theme is they drink a lot of wine.
    Every post ends with "drank a few bottles of wine"
    Not exactly poor hitch hikers.
    Nttiawwt.
    . . .

karma.........

rog

seems like he got a tooth knocked out and a cut on his eye....seems sorta fishy me, the ladies look fine, camper seems a little roughed up but fucntioning, surfboards still seems to be around
    ayuh

Did they damage their 'yota driving into that ditch themselves? It does look like the windshield damage could be from rocks thrown....

those locals DO look mean!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Zero. Fucks. Given.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

not enough nun fisters in that community

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    Zero. Fucks. Given.

Not even for the cute sister in some of the blog pics?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid