Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

ZipFit dealer in Summit?

wow, I'm full of questions tonight.

Does anyone know if there's a ZipFit liner dealer in Summit County, or even in Boulder? I've had 'em in my alpine boots for the last year but the fact that I can't feel my feet after I've got them on for 10 minutes because they're SO tight is persuading me to get them worked on. It makes for a miserable ski day... yeah I know, I'm being a whiner. Not the kind of person that likes purple feet by the end of the day.

thanks in advance.
    Not on here much anymore. Drop me an email if you want to contact me. Have a wonderful winter!

Laaaaaaaaarry, laaaaaaaaaaarry....

Actually, I dunno if he can get you Zipfits for sure, but there's no question he's THE guy to talk to about bootfitting and stuff in CO. He's in Boulder. Do a quick search on Bootfitter and a thread started by Z (best bootfitters? or something close) should come up with his contact info.

EDIT: Here. Found it.

Where's Larry?
    2709 Spruce
    Boulder

303-402-6733
    Last edited by Yossarian; 02-22-2005 at 11:07 PM.
    Thrutchworthy Production Services

Hey Snowfire,
    there was a guy in Fort collins selling zip-fits but he closed the shop this past summer.
    I hear that he is now in Estes Park working out of the gear outlet? On the south side of the road as you come into town from the big T.
    His name is Mike Carnes!
    Good luck

My gf got zipfits last year for her old boots from Mike's old store in Fort Fun (can't remember the name). The liners gave her a shit ton of problems and never felt right after several adjustment sessions. Fast forward to this fall, and the liners just were not 'breaking in'. Finally went to Boulder Ski Deals to see if they could work on them. They don't sell them, so they are limited in what they can do (can't add foam). But, the guy pulls out the liner, looks at the boot-the reason my gf is having problems is the liner is a full size bigger than the shell size. Gf was happy to hear that after walking around in agony in Chamonix last year because the liners were so painful. Chucked the liners and bad experiences and bought new boots.
    A lot of people earn their turns. Some just get bigger checks.

Hmm...

Yoss, I don't need zipfits, I already have them. I love the performance but hate the fit in the foot- it's so squished from the top down, it feels like it's grinding into the floor of the boot, and loses feeling within 10 mins. I need someone to work on the ones I already have. Does Larry do that? I may call him and find out.

everyone else-- yeah, I got 'em from Mike up in FC near the beginning of last season when my stock Lange liners broke. Yeah, split right in half. oops. Mountain Junkie- as much as I hate to say it, that sounds like my problem too. Maybe I need to get a bigger size shell, as I love the liner performance and fit in the calf/ankle, just too squishy in the foot. Although I like my shells too. Also was hoping not to have to spend mucho $$ on gear this year. Damn...

Any zipfit dealers around besides Mike? I rarely go up to Estes Park and as far as I've heard, he's out of the bootfitting business now and into real estate.

thanks guys. I've been skiing my AT boots pretty much all the time since I got them, but after a day of bump bashing at the Jane yesterday where they seemed reeeeally soft, I'm wishing I could wear my alpine boots again for resort skiing. Plus I spent all that freaking money on them... arg. Frustrating.
    Not on here much anymore. Drop me an email if you want to contact me. Have a wonderful winter!

Yoss, I just checked out that other thread and emailed Larry. Hopefully he can help me out. Thanks!

Glad to hear that I am not the only one with a pair of zip fits in my junk pile!
    I as well got a pair of Zip Fits from Mike at (Real Balance) that did nothing but hurt my feet. Back in my stock liners and my feet have never been as happy.
    I did talk with the guys up in Estes one day and they informed me that they had the "STATES BEST BOOT FITTER" working there in the evenings!
    I said who is that Mike Carnes and they were quick to add "YES".
    after that I walked out with a big shit eating grin on my face.
    Good luck Snowfire

bump.

I emailed and called Larry but, no reply.

Any other ideas? Get a new alpine shell that's bigger to give me more room in the toe box? Know anyone who sells shells without liners?

Or a Zipfit dealer in Colorado??

Have you pulled the liner to see what size it is, just to make sure it matches the shell size?

I recently got footbeds from a guy named Lee Kinney in Denver. He has his own shop within a shop called The Custom Foot which is located inside The Mountain Miser in Englewood. He no longer sells Zip Fits but used to and would be at least worth calling up because he works with other types of custom liners. He does custom footbeds, injection molded liners and another type of custom liner. The footbeds are quite nice and he warranties his work for up to a year - meaning you can come back for tweaks and changes as much as you want for a year.

Lee Kinney
    209 W. Hampden Ave.
    Englewood, CO 80110
    (303)761-4002
    www.thecustomfoot.com

Liz, I can get langes without liners from a few people. Let me know if you want to get serious and I can get some prices for you(probably two to three weeks till they would get here)

Also, I do have a guy with proforms for osprey, so give me a call and I can get some info to you.
    "Is it necessary to disdain the affluent Escalade driver in the ski area parking lot just because he never threw caution to the wind and gave up work, meat, and let his hair grow in the surreal international sojourn of powder skiing and self-actualiztion?"

WELL OF COURSE, thats why I am me and you aren't

A response to the bashing

So a friend of mine told me to do a google search on myself and this thread came up about me and my old shop and the dis-service that I provided to those of you on here that are bashing me up and down this site. Here's your chance to have one more go at it, but before you do I ask this question. Was I the one who fit you in these liners or was it one of my employees. For all of those out there who read this I have chosen to put this under my real name and not some gay alius that leaves people guessing. I am out of the business and don't ever plan to return to it, especially in Ft Collins. That store was my every day nightmare. One of the problems with the Zip Fit liner, especially for those in Ft Collins is that it is a PERFORMANCE oriented liner and requires frequent use. For a lot of you who think you are regular skiers in FC I mean 100 plus days a year. I never had a complaint from someone who actually lived in a ski town and used their gear on a daily basis for these reasons:
    1. They actually know how to ski which is usually not the case with people in Ft Collins.
    2. They are educated on proper use of their equipment, I can't tell you how many times I would give instructions to people on how to break in their liners and it would go in one ear and out the other, in a ski town that doesn't happen as much because it is more hands on for the customer and done for them.
    3. They actually know how to ski which is usually not the case with people in Ft Collins, again.
    4. Continual usage conditions the feet and people in ft collins don't get to do that, or are just too pussy to take it. (Usually the later of the 2)
    5. They actually know how to ski which is usually not the case with people in Ft Collins, again.
    6. Peoples feet change continually and chances are that you should have had a new or custom footbed built and were too cheap to do it which was also usually the case.
    7.They actually know how to ski which is usually not the case with people in Ft Collins, again.
    8. I am speaking out this way not just for myself but for all ski shop employees across the nation who are trying to push the envelope of technology and who get negative bashing in return. Nine times out of ten the people who would complain the most about their boots and equipment are the people who don't know how to bring it on the hill in the first place, they just think they do. This is not for all of you out there just the select few that have been bashing me. All boot fitters, anywhere can do anything for you except go out and ski the shit for you. I have never had a complaint from anyone who knew how to bring it on the hill. So maybe rather than a bootfitter you should be looking for lessons. If you don't like that response than feel free to contact me directly and we'll go skiing so you can prove me wrong!!!!!!!!!!!! If you suck though be prepared for the ultimate of bashings in return,

call me a Jong, but did you ever consider checking the ZipFit official website, which just happens to have a list of all "authorized" dealers/bootfiters around the country:

http://zipfit.com/

Also, I have heard a lot of good things about Jeff Bergeron at Boot Fixation in Breckinridge.
    Last edited by dookey67; 12-18-2006 at 04:35 PM.

bklyn is offline who guards the guardians?
    Mike -
    Get to know your audience before you post. Even the flatlanders who post from Brooklyn are breaking 100+ day seasons.

I'm sure that Snowfire does not know how to "bring it on the hill". I'm also sure you should not do a search before you post. Definitely, do not search for pictures of the people you're about to dis under your own name.

I'm just a simple girl trying to make my way in the universe...
    I come up hard, baby but now I'm cool I didn't make it, sugar playin' by the rules
    If you know your history, then you would know where you coming from, then you wouldn't have to ask me, who the heck do I think I am.

Not looking for an audience

I thought I was clear in my post that it was not intended for all who read it, just those who were trying to work me over. For starters I would like you to find me one person in Brooklyn who skis 100+ days a year. That doesn't matter though, what I do know is that after serving the ski community in Ft Collins and after skiing with or near them and seeing them ski, that for the most part they all suck and I'm willing to bet the people who were bashing me are no different. I'm by no means saying that I'm great, but I don't complain about my equipment either, nad that was the point of this whole thread. I think with that said that it's safe to say that I more than know my so called audience or at least the audience that my remarks were intended for. As far as posting under my name and not doing the research I did that because I really don't give a shit about any responses from here on out. At the same time though I wasn't going to sit back and be bashed from a bunch of gapers..........:

Hey Mike Carnes. You have a lot of nerve coming in here talking shit about people we like and respect on this board.

I don't have a comment about Zipfits, but I read the thread and I don't see anyone on this thread talking trash, but you.

No one said anything derogatory about you. They just wrote about their experiences. Mountain Junkie and snowfire just said how their feet felt. I don't see anything wrong with that. No one said "you suck", or "don't go to that guy."

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Carnes View Post
    Was I the one who fit you in these liners or was it one of my employees.
    ^^Why does this matter?^^ Employees represent someone's busines or company.

FYI - Snowfire does know how to ski! Maybe if you actually read some trip reports, you would know.

Jesus, you are fucking douchenozzle.

EDIT: The Troll detection meter has picked up a Level 5 Troll. Orders are to standby.
    Last edited by Below Zero; 12-18-2006 at 05:40 PM.

That's more like it

Who cares about gay ass trip reports. I'm going skiing in the park in the early morning, come join me and prove it to me, and I'm glad to hear that you feel that way about me from a stupid thread

to bring this thread back on track (I am in the market for ZipFits, so I would be down with input/reviews of those who have them).

CHECK the ZipFit official website, which just happens to have a list of all "authorized" dealers/bootfiters around the country:

BTW, I think Masingill may have a forum where one can discuss douche in an appropriate manner.
    Last edited by dookey67; 12-18-2006 at 05:26 PM.

bklyn is offline who guards the guardians?
    I thought I was clear in my post that it was not intended for all who read it, just those who were trying to work me over. For starters I would like you to find me one person in Brooklyn who skis 100+ days a year. That doesn't matter though, what I do know is that after serving the ski community in Ft Collins and after skiing with or near them and seeing them ski, that for the most part they all suck and I'm willing to bet the people who were bashing me are no different..... As far as posting under my name and not doing the research I did that because I really don't give a shit about any responses from here on out. At the same time though I wasn't going to sit back and be bashed from a bunch of gapers..........:
    Well, IF you are really who you claim to be:
    You no longer care about your reputation.
    You really don't know and don't care who you're talking to.
    I'm not surprised you're out of the bootfitting business.

You're opinions are irrelevant, you failed in your business - probably because you thought you were better than your customers. It seems you didn't learn a thing from your previous failures, too bad about that.
    I'm just a simple girl trying to make my way in the universe...
    I come up hard, baby but now I'm cool I didn't make it, sugar playin' by the rules
    If you know your history, then you would know where you coming from, then you wouldn't have to ask me, who the heck do I think I am.

I am who I am

Yeah I am who I say I am, and no I really don't care bout my reputation in the ski industry. Quite honestly I don't care about skiing in general any more. People who know me and ski with me are all I care about in this industry, and for the record I didn't fail at my business, I chose to close it because out of all of my clientele that I had I only like a few of them, and they know who they are. My whole point in this whole thing is, (which is why I posted under my name) If you have something to say about someone, say it to them not about them. BTW Nice face shot above I forgot to mention that in my last thread. For the other who will be in the park in the am. I'll be at Bear Lake at 8:30

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    to bring this thread back on track (I am in the market for ZipFits, so I would be down with input/reviews of those who have them).

CHECK the ZipFit official website, which just happens to have a list of all "authorized" dealers/bootfiters around the country:

BTW, I think Masingill may have a forum where one can discuss douche in an appropriate manner.

I've got probably 70-80 days on my zipfits and I'm very happy with them. Yes, they take some time to get worked in properly but it's worth it. As far as bootfitters who know zipfits, I woudl highly recommend Jacques Thomas at Le Feet Lab (formerly Le Ski Lab) in Winter Park. He only works with Dalbellos, zipfits, and his own orthotics. Either Jacques or Brian (manager) can get you set up.

FWIW, Larry doesn't check email much. Keep calling. Think he's off on Wednesdays (maybe... he works his ass off).

And he is SUPER busy right now, so expect to get great work done, but expect also to wait a bit. Bringing massive quantities of fully leaded coca cola will help. He lives off the stuff. Not even sure he eats.

Why is this a thread for a troll? Trolls in tech talk now?

Larry ROOLZ, btw, snowfire. I don't even know what a zipfit is, but he can probably fix it.
    "I said flotation is groovy"
    -Jimi Hendrix

"Just... ski down there and jump offa somethin' for cryin' out loud!!!"
    -The Coolest Guy to have Ever Lived

So a friend of mine told me to do a google search on myself and this thread came up about me and my old shop and the dis-service that I provided to those of you on here that are bashing me up and down this site. Here's your chance to have one more go at it, but before you do I ask this question. Was I the one who fit you in these liners or was it one of my employees. For all of those out there who read this I have chosen to put this under my real name and not some gay alius that leaves people guessing. I am out of the business and don't ever plan to return to it, especially in Ft Collins. That store was my every day nightmare. One of the problems with the Zip Fit liner, especially for those in Ft Collins is that it is a PERFORMANCE oriented liner and requires frequent use. For a lot of you who think you are regular skiers in FC I mean 100 plus days a year. I never had a complaint from someone who actually lived in a ski town and used their gear on a daily basis for these reasons:
    1. They actually know how to ski which is usually not the case with people in Ft Collins.
    2. They are educated on proper use of their equipment, I can't tell you how many times I would give instructions to people on how to break in their liners and it would go in one ear and out the other, in a ski town that doesn't happen as much because it is more hands on for the customer and done for them.
    3. They actually know how to ski which is usually not the case with people in Ft Collins, again.
    4. Continual usage conditions the feet and people in ft collins don't get to do that, or are just too pussy to take it. (Usually the later of the 2)
    5. They actually know how to ski which is usually not the case with people in Ft Collins, again.
    6. Peoples feet change continually and chances are that you should have had a new or custom footbed built and were too cheap to do it which was also usually the case.
    7.They actually know how to ski which is usually not the case with people in Ft Collins, again.
    8. I am speaking out this way not just for myself but for all ski shop employees across the nation who are trying to push the envelope of technology and who get negative bashing in return. Nine times out of ten the people who would complain the most about their boots and equipment are the people who don't know how to bring it on the hill in the first place, they just think they do. This is not for all of you out there just the select few that have been bashing me. All boot fitters, anywhere can do anything for you except go out and ski the shit for you. I have never had a complaint from anyone who knew how to bring it on the hill. So maybe rather than a bootfitter you should be looking for lessons. If you don't like that response than feel free to contact me directly and we'll go skiing so you can prove me wrong!!!!!!!!!!!! If you suck though be prepared for the ultimate of bashings in return,
    Who is this guy?

What a hater. I live in Fort Collins and I know pleny of people who ski avidly and are very passionate about it. Besides that there is also a bunch of holier than thou riders here as well. I think Mike is one of those and thinks he is a good skier when in actuality he is just as lame as anyone else.

I'm on my 3rd pair of ZipFits and when properly fitted and paired to the correct shell they wipe the floor with ANY stock liner and to be honest any after market one in my opinion.

The key is you need a great boot fitter. There are 4 options of liner to start with. Then there's the foot bed height. You have to choose the right one.

But the shell has to come first, then the liner, then the right socks and the then footbed. The heat phase is crucial too. Simply re heating the shell and fitting again can help a great deal.

You cant just assume that your Conformable from your last boot will be ok for example. My latest boots and Zipfit will require for example a much thinner footbed and the World Cup liner. If i'd gone with a Grand Prix with the wrong footbed i'd be in major pain.

Sounds to me like you have a liner with too much volume for the shell.

If your feet are a good match for the combo you choose then they are so good and very comfy. If they go off (in my case they lasted 300 days) then they can really hurt like crazy as they are a tight performance fit.

I pick up my new boots in a week or so after 11 years (L10 Race) in the same shell and the stock liner is being ditched from day one (Super Banshee) as the comparison between the two is like comparing a Volvo to a Lotus. Ones fat and soggy and the other is tight and responsive.

You also need to look after them, put them on properly and do the boot up correctly. So many people haven't the first flippin clue about how to do a bloody boot up.

Have a look on their site and they have a list of dealers. I wouldn't give up on them yet.

Front Range Fitter

Lee or Larry are your guys. Both can work on Zip Fits.