Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    I'm not rooting around too long while the alarms are going off, so if they don't have that, how about a moon watch?
    While I appreciate the offer to substitute items, regrettably, I already have a Speedmaster.

How about anything with a blue face > 40mm in the sports watch realm from a distinguished watch house?

Yo DJ, Kenny’s right, the Aquaracer is pretty nice.

Somewhere in this thread I posted my Aquaracer Calibre S Chrono in blue over steel (I have a thing for blue faces apparently). I use it for sailing and kicking around as a summer watch. It’s 10 minute countdown is the best I’ve used and it’s functionality is crazy - multiple stopwatch timers, the ability to reset one or both or just the countdown, or add the two stopwatch timers. Nice weight on the wrist too.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    While I appreciate the offer to substitute items, regrettably, I already have a Speedmaster.

How about anything with a blue face > 40mm in the sports watch realm from a distinguished watch house?

Yo DJ, Kenny’s right, the Aquaracer is pretty nice.

Somewhere in this thread I posted my Aquaracer Calibre S chrono in blue over steel (I have a thing for blue faces apparently). I use it for sailing and kicking around as a summer watch. It’s 10 minute countdown is the best I’ve used and it’s functionality is crazy - multiple stopwatch timers, the ability to reset one or both or just the countdown, or add the two stopwatch timers. Nice weight on the wrist too.
    Not a blue face, but kinda on theme.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DA316507-ECD7-4273-B215-B04CFA233378-2589-000002B31EE0A4C1.JPG 
Views:	90 
Size:	684.8 KB 
ID:	330528

https://www.omegawatches.com/watches...dition/product

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

I bet you'll find the soundtrack as gr00vy as I do.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

I’ve got a thing for blue and white

Name:	IMG_4223.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	330546

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I have a Speedy triple-date with a blue face. They came that way. Very pretty watch, and quite different than traditional Speedy (which I still covet). Can you have too many Speedies?

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    he treats objects like women
    That's right, I keep a few and switch them up depending on my mood.

...just don't tell my wife

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

I have a Rolex explorer II. Sitting on a watch wonder. I’ve been wearing a brietling avenger blackbird for everyday use

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a couple Breitling watchesprior to my loss. There are a few nice ones, but they just try too hard to be cool, IMHO, and just take it too far.

I am of the opinion that Omega hits the sweet
    stop of nice, but not over the top watches. Granted some of their watches are way over the top, but I am referring g to the watches meer mortals may purchase. TAG/Huer is a reasonable second. Of course there are a bunch of almost there, but not quite, brands like Seiko, Casio, Tissot, and to a much lesser extent Invicta.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    That's right, I keep a few and switch them up depending on my mood.

...just don't tell my wife
    BUT he has a sense of humor which is appreciated in these time of covid & civil unrest
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I bought a Heuer 1000 back around 1984, first "nice" watch for me, and beat the shit out of it for over 15 years, then replaced it with a TAG 2000 professional with the "coke" bezel. I beat the shit out of that watch for 20 years and decided it was time to retire it. I thought about a Seamaster, but decided to stay with TAG because they've done well for me. I figure I'll beat the shit out of this one for 20 years and see what happens. I've been demo'ing and framing the last two days while wearing it so I'm well on my way.

Name:	2000.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	330581Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tag.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	330582

I had a couple Breitling watchesprior to my loss. There are a few nice ones, but they just try too hard to be cool, IMHO, and just take it too far.

I am of the opinion that Omega hits the sweet
    stop of nice, but not over the top watches. Granted some of their watches are way over the top, but I am referring g to the watches meer mortals may purchase. TAG/Huer is a reasonable second. Of course there are a bunch of almost there, but not quite, brands like Seiko, Casio, Tissot, and to a much lesser extent Invicta.
    Reasonable assessment. This all black model has a nylon strap and its decent timepiece for the money.

There are a few nice ones, but they just try too hard to be cool, IMHO, and just take it too far.
    What, this isn’t cool?

Quote Originally Posted by ncskier View Post
    Reasonable assessment. This all black model has a nylon strap and its decent timepiece for the money.
    I didn't mean to diss that watch, I actually quite like it, but it is pretty understated for many Breitlings.

iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Not a blue face, but kinda on theme.

Name:	DA316507-ECD7-4273-B215-B04CFA233378-2589-000002B31EE0A4C1.JPG 
Views:	90 
Size:	684.8 KB 
ID:	330528

https://www.omegawatches.com/watches...dition/product

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Man I love that.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post

I bet you'll find the soundtrack as gr00vy as I do.
    Very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    I’ve got a thing for blue and white

Name:	IMG_4223.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	330546

That’s lovely, but then again, you already knew that.

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    I have a Speedy triple-date with a blue face. They came that way. Very pretty watch, and quite different than traditional Speedy (which I still covet). Can you have too many Speedies?
    No, no you can’t. Mine is the classic black over black subdials, but yours sounds awesome.

What, this isn’t cool?

No, that’s totally cool.

I think.
    I still call it The Jake.

I like my son's watch. So simple. So capable.
    Name:  IMG_6716.jpg
Views: 447
Size:  57.2 KB
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

I had a watch problem in the '90's. Rolex/Omega/misc faves..... tip of the iceberg and all that.

Tudors (3 on lower left) in those days (mid 50's) were actually made by Rolex and used the same faces, parts, cases and movements. It was their second tier brand. So you got the quality at a slightly reduced bling level and drastically lower price. Used to buy those for a couple hundred pretty regularly.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2666.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	597.8 KB 
ID:	330620  

I was gonna buy a Sinn 857 with GMT function. I wanted that feature for travel so I quickly ascertain time elsewhere. But I was looking at roughly $2000 for a steel cased watch. Fuck it! Ended up with a plastic, quartz Luminox and I'm pretty fucking happy with it.

I currently have a Bathys, a Kobold, and a Davos (all dive watches) that I'm gonna sell. Anyone interested?
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

I had a watch problem in the '90's. Rolex/Omega/misc faves..... tip of the iceberg and all that.

Tudors (3 on lower left) in those days (mid 50's) were actually made by Rolex and used the same faces, parts, cases and movements. It was their second tier brand. So you got the quality at a slightly reduced bling level and drastically lower price. Used to buy those for a couple hundred pretty regularly.
    very cool. what chrono is that?

I can't even imagine owning that many watches. But, those are fine looking time pieces.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

very cool. what chrono is that?
    Which one?

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    I can't even imagine owning that many watches. But, those are fine looking time pieces.
    Not sure why I still do, and for better are worse there are a good number more. They give me pleasure for some reason, but in reality I only wear a few on a regular basis. There's a heft to a real watch that just feels good, and the old Rolex bracelets feel like liquid on your fingers. Have a bunch in a box that need to get sold off too.

Which one?
    sorry, second from right on the top.

sorry, second from right on the top.
    It's a Faldo, kinda generic Swiss chrono with an ETA movement, gold filled, probably 1960's, nice shape. Very pretty watch IMHO.

Great collection, and yeah, there is just something about a nice watch that just feels good. They are not for everybody, and some people are content with a cheap swatch, or even just their phone...to each is own.

This was my watch box, about an hour before they burned. Should have grabbed it when I left, but really didn't think they house would burn.

Name:	20200604_175358.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	330668

The black Omega Speedmaster was my fav, it first watch on the moon (obviously not that particular one.) The Seiko's were sentimental peices.

iscariot

There is a story for every watch. Good thread.