Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Wow!
    That's a fucking ugly watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Classy post

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Classy post
    Haha...no one ever accused PNW of having class...or good taste. If you don't know...you don't know, which is more then fine to the majority of collectors buying ROs ;-)
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

rolex watches...really?

….
    Last edited by gretch6364; 06-20-2022 at 10:48 PM.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    The 5711 is not mine…but two ugly watches hanging out last week ;-)

Attachment 419435

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Which one is from Target?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Which one is from Target?
    Both….get them while they are hot! GWS Target carries the full trinity. Might head down tomorrow to grab a 16202. New shipment just arrived.

I spent six figures on an ugly watch says the guy who doesn’t want to be a millionaire

rolex watches...really?

Last edited by gretch6364; 06-20-2022 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    Sorry…I don’t purchase watches over MSRP.

congrats on ten years, use the next ten not to be an asdhole about it

rolex watches...really?

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    congrats on ten years, use the next ten not to be an asdhole about it
    You are always such a dick about everything. It’s a freaking watch thread and I was sharing a watch I bought my wife for our anniversary. In all honesty, what is your fucking problem?

You always feel the need to respond to every one of my post…not sure I understand the obsession. TGR used to be a place where we all were stoked for each other. Stoked for good powder days, new homes, new puppies and babies. Before asshats like you, it was a community.

Everyone has hobbies and things they are in to. Some mags buy new cars, others buy nice watches. Seriously…who pissed in your fucking cheerios?

I wasn’t being a dick in any way. If you bought your wife a Seiko that she really loved, I would never in a million years comment that the gift you bought her was ugly. It shows zero class. If something isn’t your taste…fine, move along. But why the need to tear others down for no reason?

If it is so fucking ugly…why is it 3 to 6x…nevermind. Not worth the effort. The wife adores it and it’s for her, not anyone else. Only shallow fools buy watches for other people. I buy watches I love and love to wear. Only person that matters here is her…that when she looks at the time, she smiles.

You buy stuff because of what others think? Guessing yes…over your shit. Deleted the pics and posts as to not offend you.

I do kind of enjoy that it triggers you though…
    Last edited by gretch6364; 06-20-2022 at 11:19 PM.

^^^^^^^

Excellent rant. Wife likes Rolex. You buy her one.
    Every time she wears it she is reminded of your love for her.

I wish someone loved DumbFree

I don't get the watch obsession, either, but most people have something they spend money on that others don't understand. Some have multiple things.

Quote Originally Posted by HD333 View Post
    This thread made me pull out our Tags. I’ve always had a thing for them. But now I find myself wearing mine less and less.

From left to right:

1) Freebie a jeweler threw in when I bought my wife’s link way back, maybe late 90’s.
    My parents gave me that watch for Christmas way back. Damn thing was free.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Repost in the right thread

If you want to geek out on Rolex
    Dude has many YouTube videos
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

I wonder if you can still get a nice looking Rowex on Canal Street for $100.
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

Now I want to know what gretch bought but all the attachments are gone.

I happen to have an absolute mint ladies Rolex to sell. Oyster Perpetual Datejust, diamond bezel, gold/steel band, all documents, box, etc. If any of you high rollers want to spoil your wives and/or girlfriends ... PM me !

(no, I won't cross post to GS, or post pics of the prior owner)

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Now I want to know what gretch bought but all the attachments are gone.
    Audemars Piguet 15551ST for the wife. Dark blue dial, diamond bezel.

I thought it was a super cool watch and being the Luddite I am hadn’t heard of them and went down a rabbit hole of Swiss watch makers last night. So I’m glad he posted it.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    I thought it was a super cool watch and being the Luddite I am hadn’t heard of them and went down a rabbit hole of Swiss watch makers last night. So I’m glad he posted it.
    Thanks...that can be a deep rabbit hole! For me, the manufacturing process and the people that hand finish the watches is what draws me in....especially the Royal Oak. For example, and you probably found some of this during your search, the dials are still made from brass using 100 year old pantographs with each dial taking almost an hour to engrave. The bracelet alone takes almost 8 hours to hand finish. Heck, the hand finished and assembled movement has almost 200 parts and the entire watch is only 9mm thick with a 60 hour power reserve.

Making something that can be +/- 2 or 3 seconds a week and doesn't take a battery? I think it is badass. My father was a tool & die maker, grinding carbine to incredible tolerances and a swiss watch made by hand using similar skills and precision just fascinates me. Many times when I look down at a nice watch, I think of of my dad and the black carbide dust on hands everyday after work. The people that make and design fine watches are flat out artist and I find enjoyment wearing their art everyday. AP has about 1,500 employees (Rolex for example has 30,000) and they produce about 50K watches per year (Rolex produces almost 1 million).

Quote Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
    I wonder if you can still get a nice looking Rowex on Canal Street for $100.
    You can do better - $82 Invicta Sub copy is diveable and built on a legit regulatable Seiko motion which should last the rest of your days if you wear it enough: https://www.amazon.com/Invicta-8926O...5840004&sr=8-2

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    You can do better - $82 Invicta Sub copy is diveable and built on a legit regulatable Seiko motion which should last the rest of your days if you wear it enough: https://www.amazon.com/Invicta-8926O...5840004&sr=8-2
    It's not a bad looking watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    You can get even more insane and fall down the British/French maker rabbit hole (dunno if there’s any yanks left)
    https://www.phillips.com/detail/geor...ls/NY080222/12
    Is one I’d like but I’d never spend $2.3 million on a watch even if I ever had that cash. The Watchmaking book the guy the watch is named after (he didn’t make it) is a fascinating bit of craft because as gretch said, there’s a ton of skill and effort that goes into them

aslong as the owner and wearer like it, fuck the critics

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    It's not a bad looking watch.
    It's a great looking watch. And for another $87, you can get it with a 26 jewel Swiss movement, nicer crystal and a nicer band https://www.amazon.com/Invicta-Diver.../dp/B00AH3DCAA

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    Yes...but 47mm! If you can spend just a hair more, could grab something line an Undone diver for $335 at a more reasonable case diameter.

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...-really/page15