Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by natty dread View Post
    I need to sell a higher end Tag Heurer formula 1 women’s watch (with diamonds on the bezel). Any ideas on the best way to sell it?
    PM Rontele
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

I need to sell a higher end Tag Heurer formula 1 women’s watch (with diamonds on the bezel). Any ideas on the best way to sell it?
    Watchuseek.com has an active sales subforum. I bought and sold a lot there back in the day.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Free Thai vacation from strip club owner + wife that hates you = take the vacay.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    I really regret not getting into that business. When I retired from trading and moved to fucking Missouri I had a nice collection and realized you could make a few grand a month doing that. My ex was actually setting up websites and if we had not hated each other it could have been great. I was also afraid of not having technical knowledge to spot fakes.

I sold a 10,000 Ulysses nardin on eBay in 2007. The guy was American and owned strip clubs in Thailand. He called me and said I sounded trust worthy and sent me a cashiers check. When he got the watch he was so happy he was not ripped off he offered me a free Thai vacation. I respectfully declined.

Still, building that eBay acct would have been key in 2007.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

I had some money when I bought some watches, enough so it wasn't irresponsible and the watches then were something I knew about and others didn't seem to.

Things can change all around. Impermanence yo! Having a nice watch and not having $ are not mutually exclusive. Buying them when you're poor is another conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    I think some people complain about not having enough money and they put themselves in that situation through bad decisions. Some people complain about having to spend money on certain things but probably have enough of it. I haven't really heard either from the dudes talking about watches in this thread.

Some people talk about being able to not work because they forego certain luxury items and have made sound financial decisions to reach their goals. It's still bragging even if it's humble bragging.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Find a nice street corner. Preferably one that is near a nice jewelry store. Sell it for cash and cut out the middle man. Just be discreet about it.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    well its your $$$ to spend so what do you want to do with it be that purty watches or whatever ?

OTOH I hear people complain about money, maybe too much bling & not enough money are connected ?

for me sunday was the anniversary of getting canned/ retired from IBM so 15 yars of being a ski gentleman with no rolex ... oh the humanity
    That's never a good thing. Good luck in your retirement.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

FFS, is no thread virtue signalling proof?

Natty Dread, try Govberg if you want to deal with a reputable dealer with a substantial buying practice, especially if you want to trade in/up for something else. Brother in law's college roommate started Hodinkee, nice guy, check out their marketplace. Check out TAG forums too.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    FFS, is no thread virtue signalling proof?

Natty Dread, try Govberg if you want to deal with a reputable dealer with a substantial buying practice, especially if you want to trade in/up for something else. Brother in law's college roommate started Hodinkee, nice guy, check out their marketplace. Check out TAG forums too.
    Thank you sir, rontele was no help!
    Not trading up, it was given to me as collateral for a loan that won’t be paid back Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    I think some people complain about not having enough money and they put themselves in that situation through bad decisions. Some people complain about having to spend money on certain things but probably have enough of it. I haven't really heard either from the dudes talking about watches in this thread.

Some people talk about being able to not work because they forego certain luxury items and have made sound financial decisions to reach their goals. It's still bragging even if it's humble bragging.
    in 2020 watches are jewelry. So are sports cars. If you are mad people don’t like your jewelry, that’s on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Find a nice street corner. Preferably one that is near a nice jewelry store. Sell it for cash and cut out the middle man. Just be discreet about it.
    Don't forget the trench coat.

rolex watches...really?

I think setting a goal and rewarding yourself is ok. That’s when I bought my first Rolex. And men don’t wear jewelry, or most dont, so a nice watch is ok in my opinion. Or for a special occasion to remember something with.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    in 2020 watches are jewelry. So are sports cars. If you are mad people don’t like your jewelry, that’s on you.
    I’m not mad at anything. Just bought my first piece of “jewelry” off Viva from this thread. A fairly priced used modest auto watch. My other “jewelry” is a cheap Suunto Core I used to tell time with and sometimes wakes me up when I don’t want my phone with me that connects to nothing.

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

great thread. bumping it. was searching to Rolex 24 at Daytona.
    watches are fun.
    stoked with my new Galaxy active 2 that pairs to my phone. short money. $100 refurb and Galaxy 7 celly was $125 refurb, lotsa tech for the $$.
    Friends have $500 apple watches and iphone 12s. stupid expensive.
    always wanted a submariner rolex but thousands of bucks...for a watch ? nah. Got a really nice fake in Turkey for !00 bucks and got the wife a fake cartier for the same but top quality , still going strong.
    when ya get pro form on skis and boards , it's hard to see some rich guy shell out $800 bucks on boards that are way more ski than he really needs. But, hey...some like to brag about squandering money on toys.

hey bud, nice watch https://www.swisswatchexpo.com/watch...YaAjFwEALw_wcB

my fake rolex HULK is a very good knock off, so I've been told by rolex aficionados
    https://www.swisswatchexpo.com/searc...MaAkEfEALw_wcB
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

Send me pics. My ex wife has a bunch of money laying around and all the time in the world cuz she’s not working.

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Send me pics. My ex wife has a bunch of money laying around and all the time in the world cuz she’s not working.
    Send ME pics dammit.

Not sure if I'm saying pics of your ex wife, or of the money she has laying around, but this is TGR so it seemed like the thing to say.

I still have the tag and victorinox I mentioned back on like page two if anyone is interested.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Send ME pics dammit.

Not sure if I'm saying pics of your ex wife, or of the money she has laying around, but this is TGR so it seemed like the thing to say.

I still have the tag and victorinox I mentioned back on like page two if anyone is interested.
    Shit Dude, having 1/2 of my $ is the most attractive thing left about her. At least she skis, though. She already has 2 Tags though (and one w diamonds).

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Send ME pics dammit.

Pics of the ex wife and her hot friends...all dedicated to Ullr
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Satch View Post
    Wait till the hints become a demand and see if you can get away with that. Good luck.
    Anyhoo, I broke down and got her a real one to replace the times square special. Valentine's day you know.. She deserves it for putting up with my shit for 30+ years.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20210226_005344261.PORTRAIT.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	364922

Tank watch will never go out of style. Good job.
    I still call it The Jake.

rolex watches...really?

Done…
    Last edited by gretch6364; 06-20-2022 at 10:48 PM.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Anyhoo, I broke down and got her a real one to replace the times square special. Valentine's day you know.. She deserves it for putting up with my shit for 30+ years.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20210226_005344261.PORTRAIT.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	364922
    Badass…as mentioned, the Tank is always pure class…nice job.

"We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

I always wanted a Cartier tank.

And now I haven’t worn a watch in decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    I always wanted a Cartier tank.

And now I haven’t worn a watch in decades.
    If jeans weren't "dressed up" for me now....an Americaine in rose gold would be killer.

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    Attachment 419426

Grabbed a little something recently for the wife. Our 10th Anniversary is coming up later this year and it happens to be the Royal Oaks 50th Anniversary.

Pic is before sizing…

TGR Forums
    Wow!