Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    Since I don't surf or dive much anymore, I need the GMT function more than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    My wife bought me a Rolex for our anniversary two years ago. I've worn it exactly 3 times and it is now known as the wedding watch. I just can't get comfortable with that thing on. They're heavy and awkward.

Don't get me wrong, it's beautiful and I absolutely intend to leave it to one of my daughters some day--I do appreciate it and enjoy wearing it on very special occasion. But for day to day, I'll rock my Timex or Garmin.
    Want to sell?

titanium watches are really easy to wear

The Moonswatch is a really fun idea completely ruined by the same people that camp out in front of sneaker stores, Target+anything collaborations and sell Beanie Babies on Ebay.
    I still call it The Jake.

you know what they say about guys with skinny wrists ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    you know what they say about guys with skinny wrists ?
    Why don't you come down here and tell me face to face, tough guy. ; --)

I'm willing to accept anyones wisdom but I thot it would be more along the lines of " If you can afford that fucking watch how come you can't afford to pay for the band to be sized ? "

You guys need to settle this with a wrist off.

No…wait…

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    Hell yeah. Had a chance to try on an AP 26574TI at a party recently. Fucking wow….that is the one if you can ever get the allocation.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    Hell yeah. Had a chance to try on an AP 26574TI at a party recently. Fucking wow….that is the one if you can ever get the allocation.

What’s that like $100k retail? I don’t think the allocation is what’s holding most people back from that, though the fact that you’d probably have to pay 5x that to actually get one now doesn’t help either.

rolex watches...really?

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    What’s that like $100k retail? I don’t think the allocation is what’s holding most people back from that, though the fact that you’d probably have to pay 5x that to actually get one now doesn’t help either.
    It’s 85, but once you add tax…..lol. You can grab on the grey for 2.5 to 3x now…it hasn’t held its pricing recently.

I refuse to buy watches on the grey market, so only way I am getting is if it is allocated to me. Once people stop treating watches like bitcoin, maybe normal collectors will have a chance at their grails. Probably not though.

It sure was fun to wear for a bit…even if I probably have no realistic chance at one. I can mostly justify driving the same car for 20 years and buying car priced watches instead…but 5x? Not sure I could ever realistically justify a house priced watch. Besides, that watch will likely never be worth less then MSRP if something happened and you needed to dump.

Buying anything at 5x is just asking for trouble IMHO.

I am sure the collective here will say it’s ugly…but I personally find it to be the best looking watch I have ever seen person. It was cool talking to the owner about the week indicator on the watch. It is something I am fascinated with...having the weeks of the year displayed around a dial. I feel like you would look down and regularly be reminded of where you are at in the year and how much is left. Fun way to think about time on a more regular basis then when randomly reflecting.

He said once it passes 26 weeks, it give him anxiety about goal accomplishment for the year, which I could totally see!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1655933337.932567.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	607.5 KB 
ID:	419611

Pic from HODINKEE

Last edited by gretch6364; 06-22-2022 at 03:41 PM.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

I have a Titanium Casio with a waterproof/ altimeter/ updated by satellite and solar powered, so you never have to dick with it

except metal bands don't really thrill me, catch it on something and you might get a wound

I have a Titanium Casio with a waterproof/ altimeter/ updated by satellite and solar powered, so you never have to dick with it

except metal bands don't really thrill me, catch it on something and you might get a wound
    The new Casio GA-B2100 is pretty cool and even if not titanium, light enough. It is solar, but doesn't update with satellite. Bluetooth to your phone and update with an app. I ordered a blue one for a yard/boat/hunting/travel/skiing/biking/camping/whatever watch but have not received yet. Plus...won't cut your hand off in an accident ;-)

For $150...not sure you can go wrong with the G-Shock.

yeah I'm done with metal watch bands, I think I might have got cut by the titanium ( PAW1300T ) it got all fucked up when i fell off a ladder snagged the titanium band and broke the pin mounts in the case for the band but I still use it as a timer for the espresso M/C, no way to put it on the wrist so its been just sitting there on a shelf being charged & updated like perpetual motion or SFT I look at it every morning to time the shot

so i replaced it with the PRW-3000 with resin case, same watch with a normal band, temp/ barometer/ altitude just like the last one, the solar is even better cuz it can keep up with wearing gloves and jackets in winter which the older model couldn't quite do, these are very good fairly inexpensive watches I think < 200 $

but they are not ladder proof

dentists
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    dentists
    Hey, don’t you have a pretty solid stable?

Just snagged a really cool Oris for the wife. Not the usual “wife” watch but it fit her aesthetic perfectly.

yeah I'm done with metal watch bands, I think I might have got cut by the titanium ( PAW1300T ) it got all fucked up when i fell off a ladder snagged the titanium band and broke the pin mounts in the case for the band but I still use it as a timer for the espresso M/C, no way to put it on the wrist so its been just sitting there on a shelf being charged & updated like perpetual motion or SFT I look at it every morning to time the shot

so i replaced it with the PRW-3000 with resin case, same watch with a normal band, temp/ barometer/ altitude just like the last one, the solar is even better cuz it can keep up with wearing gloves and jackets in winter which the older model couldn't quite do, these are very good fairly inexpensive watches I think < 200 $

but they are not ladder proof

I'm showing the Suunto Core [Classic, all black] for $123 US on 'Zon.

IME the suunto I had before these Casio's was fucking huge and it was the least waterproof watch I had ever worn, huge thumbs down

I've had three Suunto Cores. Two covered under warranty, one wasn't so I finally gave up on the base model when the last one failed and bought a closeout Core Essential. It's been going strong for 5-6 years with battery changes.

I have this one. It's a bit heavier than the black Core base model but has held up really well. Can't remember exact price but under $300 and it is the same functionality in a more robust steel case. I don't think they're made anymore but I've seen them pop up on closeout. I'd buy again.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

I have a Breitling Aerospace that's all titanium, and sure, the light wight is nice - sometimes you don't know it's on.

I was going to pick up a Tudor Pelagos which is also titanium, but it is stupid thick for a non-chrono, and the bracelet on those wear very poorly, and they look like crap quickly. Guess there's different qualities of titanium. They can be polished, but they look bad really fast.

This is my watch

Name:  mjllt.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  252.2 KB

I had a couple of those first Casio altimeter watches which worked great, they were even waterproof down to 130ft, the problem was that they never survived a battery replacement , so when casio made a solar powered watch that never needed a battery I was all over it

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    This is my watch

Name:  mjllt.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  252.2 KB
    Well played

A guy with fuck you money might wear that
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

IME the suunto I had before these Casio's was fucking huge and it was the least waterproof watch I had ever worn, huge thumbs down
    I think a guy who can't keep a Casio running just needs to shut the fuck up in a Rolex thread...

https://www.amazon.com/Altimeter-Bar.../dp/B07PF3KTFN

Grown ups were talking about titanium watches here

I think i said something nasty about the rolex product 15 pages ago