Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Did you do the SAS?
    1985 = SAS was still stock. Best 4runner ever made because it was SAS and EFI.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Check out the engines from LC Engineering for a nice upgrade. I've done a couple 22re's. I took good notes of every wire and hose and it was no problem.
    I've got the key to the highway... I'm gonna leave here runnin', walkin's far too slow

Quote Originally Posted by montanamike View Post
    Check out the engines from LC Engineering for a nice upgrade. I've done a couple 22re's. I took good notes of every wire and hose and it was no problem.
    Mike, do you personally have experience with LC Engineering motors?
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

I wish. I'm much more low budget than that. I do have experience with craigslist used engines, roadside head gasket replacement in a monsoon, broken timing chains, used auto and manual transmissions, and I can vouch for Blue Devil. It's good for about 2000 miles after chocolate milk oil/antifreeze combo in the crankcase. I just love that motor, that's all. It's easy to work on, and fun, in a fucked up sort of way.
    I've got the key to the highway... I'm gonna leave here runnin', walkin's far too slow

LC is legit. My dad bought a used 4runner with one in it and a baja tune, thing was rad.

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    LC is legit. My dad bought a used 4runner with one in it and a baja tune, thing was rad.
    $4K legit?

Crate Engine Supplier Reputation on IH8MUD.

$4k is well on the way to a 4BT swap. I understand that's not the direction you want to head, but I'm throwing it out there anyway.

Ya 4 g's is a lot for a motor. Seems like you can find regular rebuilds for 12-15 hundred for a long block. Or look for a used one on CL, just make sure you can hear it run. Maybe around 750 then.