Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
    Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    Nope. Run a solyfit plate under the toes of my Vert FT12s.

Makes a big difference.

I have a 25.0 boot, so with 17mm delta or so, the angle is relatively steep.

Especially when considering I ski fks alpine for comparison.
    Point is, it's more about the boots than the bindings. With Cochise/Strider/Pinnacle/Freetour type DIN/tech boots, there's no need to shim the toe of any tech binding (except possibly Plum), in fact the heels might have to be shimmed on some combinations (Beast/Kingpin/Vipec) to achieve "alpine binding" ramp.

With a rockered sole boot (Maestrale/Vulcan/etc), all tech binding toes (except maybe Beast) need to be shimmed to achieve an alpine ramp.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    I can't find the ramp angle/toe- heel difference in mm's of an ATK raider 12 or 14. Anyone know?
    I asked in another thread once, and I seem to remember Lindah responded with the numbers. Probably the ATK raider thread?

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    Point is, it's more about the boots than the bindings. With Cochise/Strider/Pinnacle/Freetour type DIN/tech boots, there's no need to shim the toe of any tech binding (except possibly Plum), in fact the heels might have to be shimmed on some combinations (Beast/Kingpin/Vipec) to achieve "alpine binding" ramp.

With a rockered sole boot (Maestrale/Vulcan/etc), all tech binding toes (except maybe Beast) need to be shimmed to achieve an alpine ramp.
    When this thread was made it was about Dynafit and ramp angle, not newer "pintech" bindings with less ramp and I don't know if there were any of the newer din soled tech compatible boots around. Most every boot used with Dynafits at the time this thread was started had a rockered AT sole. Things have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan S. View Post
    Skimo.co hasn't updated the table here yet:
    http://skimo.co/pin-heights
    ...but they should be able to measure it for you (for the Hagan rebranded version).
    I asked and they updated. 10.5 mm.

Installation question.

The screws I got from bnd are wider than the screws my bindings came with and they don't fit through the holes in the bindings (see pictures). 

Am I better off 1. Drilling out the binding holes 2. Grinding down the threads 3. Getting different screws or 4. Something else? 

Thanks! 

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1918998885.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	68.5 KB 
ID:	225446Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1165832958.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	52.8 KB 
ID:	225447

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using TGR Forums mobile app

I'd drill out rather than fuck with screws. As long as it's not much very much more than a cunt hair's worth.

It was normal practice to have to do this with some older dynafits with their supplied screws.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Update:

Bnd wrote back and said just to crank the screws on in there. And that seemed to work.

And man, even from the carpet test I can tell a huge difference. Can't wait to ski!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using TGR Forums mobile app

The B&D screws are a different pitch to normal screws also. I didn't use the ones I bought for that reason.

Quote Originally Posted by LC View Post
    The B&D screws are a different pitch to normal screws also. I didn't use the ones I bought for that reason.
    Anyone know where I can get screws just like the ones that come with Dynafit Vertical ST's only longer. I want to experiment with less ramp angle and use the same holes.

Quote Originally Posted by AweShuksan View Post
    Anyone know where I can get screws just like the ones that come with Dynafit Vertical ST's only longer. I want to experiment with less ramp angle and use the same holes.
    I bought the 23.5mm screws from Skimo.co for adding a 4mm shim to the toes on my Vertical ST. The screw threads looked like a match for the original screws. The heads were a tiny bit wider, but fit acceptably. I had to grind each screw shorter by about 1 thread - but I was using homemade shims from 4mm cutting board from Walmart, not the 4.7mm shims that Skimo.co sells.

Have not yet skied the bindings with the shims, but I remounted the toes with the shims and new screws, and it all went together fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

I Used inserts. Non problem getting any length screw from home despot

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear