Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Well skied the Lange WC's today. I hope I didn't make a mistake. Sixth toe area needs more room for sure, which has never even been close to an issue before. Went numb after one run. Rest of boot fit really nice though, although the liner is so thin and cold. No shock absorption in this boot what so ever. Felt great on the groomers, really harsh on anything else. Maybe make myself a rubber boot board? I don't know I'm just getting tired of wasting time and money on boots that don't work. Trying to decide if I should try and get more work done on the Lange's or go check out some Fischer Vacuum's or what. 95mm and 97mm lasted boots really don't work for me but the Lange 92mm may be too narrow, although instep and ankle volume wise is was great.

BTW, Full Tilts aren't even close to low volume enough for me. I can easily max the buckles in even one size down.

i doubt its any help for ya but i have some 29.5 wc120 shells sitting around i would let go for el cheapo and am within striking distance to the south of you, good luck regardless, boot fitting is a pita but once you get it dialed its heaven

Bumping this thread just to see what current boots people have found for this type of problem. I have a size 13 foot and have generally stuffed my foot into 27.5 + 28.5 boots for the past 30 years to makeup for low-volume. When I buy size 29.5 which allows my foot close to enough length I have to buckle down too tight cramping the rest of my foot as opposed to just numbing my toes. Currently skiing Lange RS 130s in 28.5 but looking for something more low volume that I could wear in the appropriate length of 29.5 with a foot bed. On all the boots I have tried, and yes I go to see a boot fitter in truckee,ca, when I put bontex and footbeds in a 29.5 , the top of my foot gets cramped by the instep buckle. Any 28.5 that can be stretched that are low volume?

Sent from my VS987 using TGR Forums mobile app

I have some atomic redster pro 130s that are a few seasons old with a great narrow, low volume fit, roomy toe box and soft ish forward flex (not too harsh for skiing bumps and the whole mountain). The redster pro series is a master's race series, and come in 120 and 130 flex. The redster wc is the stiffer world cup series and come in 140+.

Hmmm. Kryptons w Intuition?
    That Don't Make No Sense

If you like how your current Lange's ski, the Lange ZA+ would be my recommendation. Sometimes can be found for <$300, especially at skiyard.com

ZJ+ might work but might be a little soft; similarly, ZB might work but might be too stiff and too narrow. The + means it's pre-punched a bit so that saves you some work. Regarding earlier comments, I ski the ZB and I have not found it to be too harsh off piste.

If you prefer more forward lean, there are other options as well.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Salomon makes a X-max Race 120 and 130. 96mm last and doesn’t need a sole grind.
    The Atomic Redster WC is 95mm, May not need the sole planned either.
    Head Raptor RS is 96mm with no need to modify the sole.

Finding a store where you can try all of those on will be difficult. Even a general area will be a challenge.

Thanks for the recommendations. Start Haus in Truckee should have some of those.

Sent from my VS987 using TGR Forums mobile app