Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Nice work!

Think I'm in for a jig and:
    Solly Driver Plates
    Dynafit Vertical Plates
    Look Plates (Maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by F.D.V. View Post
    Marking my spot in this thread for later reference!

Great idea!

Is the Marker Duke jig for the EPF or the standard Duke?
    I can do either. I currently have it laid out for the standard Duke, but will get some of the wider EPF made as well.

Add me to the list! 1 Jig with plates for dynafit radical and fks/freeski2(px racing)

This is the awesomest by the way!

I just added a new video to the first page. It shows the mounting of Dynafits. Obviously, I'm not good at video editing, so feel free to make fun of me.

Ya ya ya.
    Jig + Look Turntable/Look DEMO plate a Dynafit Vertical plate
    Do what you like, Like what you do.

1) before you close out your production run, give us a chance to update / modify our plate order?

2) nice mounting vid, certainly helps visualize the process; though on the production side, would an arcade belt help with the trouser droop?

Awesome looking jig. If shipping to Canada (Calgary) I'd be down for 1 jig and a turntable/pivot/px plate. Looking forward to hearing and seeing more.
    Last edited by Fisted By Ullr*; 12-30-2012 at 08:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Looking View Post
    1) before you close out your production run, give us a chance to update / modify our plate order?

2) nice mounting vid, certainly helps visualize the process; though on the production side, would an arcade belt help with the trouser droop?
    1. For sure, I'll give a shout out in a few days to get any last minute stragglers and let people update their plates.
    2. Absolutely!

I could be in for solly and dukes

A quick update on the build. We have enough pre-orders to go ahead. Based on current requests, I'll be making plates for Salomon (including the odd fifth hole on the toe), Dynafits (radical and vertical are semi-separate... see below), Look (most varieties), Dukes (new/EPF and old), Jesters (haven't seen the "new" pattern, but it will work), Guardian/Tracker, Sollyfits, and at least one tele binding, but possibly both Hammerhead and Axls.

Regarding the dynafits, unfortunately the radical toe holes are too close to the vertical holes, so a new toe plate is required. If you want both radical and vertical plates, we'll share the heel piece, so it will only be an additional toe plate. So, if you want both, it will be $38, and come with a shared heel piece.

I'll keep the presale open for a few more days, then I'll be ordering parts. So if you are interested, let me know.

So tempted. Are you planning on raising the price after the presale? If so, how much?

Quote Originally Posted by zeroforhire View Post
    So tempted. Are you planning on raising the price after the presale? If so, how much?
    I don't have a definite answer for you. If I buy parts in small quantities, they become way more expensive... hence the presale. I plan to get a handful of extras for stragglers. After that, I will wait until there enough interest to do another big purchase of parts.

With that said, it is easier and cheaper to do a run of mounting plates than complete jig assemblies. So I'll support all existing requests for mounting plates from folks who already have jigs.
    Last edited by davieboot; 01-01-2013 at 10:11 PM.

I forgot to post this previously, but the Look/Rossi heel toe patterns tend to conflict in some combinations. I've confirmed this with the bindings I have in hand. The Axials are the biggest offender, but I'm pretty sure the Axial2 will conflict with the PX18s as well. Of course, the toes are all the same. I've decided the only reasonable solution is to keep all of the heel plates separate, rather than combine them as suggested here. It is just too hard to do do all the combos that work, and much cleaner to keep the heel plates separate.

What all of this means is that for different Look/Rossi bindings, you just need different heel plates, which will cost half the price of a plate set.

I'm in for a jig w dynafit vertical, salomon and look fks plates.
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

But the rossi/look jigs have all the heel combos on one jig...?

Quote Originally Posted by swerve View Post
    Im in for a jig with salomon, look pivot, and sollyfit plates.
    Ill add the dynafit vertical and radical plates to my previous order.
    Also if there are other orders coming to the Jackson area I would be fine distributing them if it would save much money to ship in one big box.
    "College sailing isn't about who wins the most races, its about who can stand in the morning"

I am just catching up to TGR after being pretty damn busy, but these look amazing and I wish you luck. I'll think about whether I personally need them, but it's an awesome idea and the execution looks great.

When is the deadline to get on it, and are you going to bother doing fundraising through kickstarter etc?
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by gwat View Post
    But the rossi/look jigs have all the heel combos on one jig...?
    I don't disagree, necessarily, but I haven't seen the combo jigs in person. Do you have a photo? Do they include turntables, Axial/P, PX/Axial 2, and the heavy, higher din PX heels (PX racing)? I see combos of 2 or 3 of those that would work, but I don't see all of them. Maybe I need to take another look (get it?), which I will do when I get home tonight. Maybe no one cares about the older Axials/P bindings. But I think the main conflict was between the PX Race and the PX holes.
    Last edited by davieboot; 01-02-2013 at 11:09 AM.

Here is my older (pre-pivot) jig but accommodates the newer pivot/px/px racing patterns too.
    someone with a newer jig correct me if I'm wrong but my understanding is purple=turntable, purple/green=pivot, green/orange=px race, green/grey=px/demo

The toe gets a bit cramped. Demo in the toe would be a nice touch, me (and a small? handful of others) mount turntables on lifters which use the demo pattern for the toe.
    Yellow hole at the front is obsolete, the red hole between the two rear fks/pivot holes still gets used by some and the plain brass (two furthest forward and rear) holes are for demo.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1357151092.004186.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	105.8 KB 
ID:	129232   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1357151113.473397.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	121.9 KB 
ID:	129233  
    Last edited by gwat; 01-02-2013 at 11:40 AM.

Assuming you can get enough interest to do the Rottefella NTN jig, I'd be in for dynafit and (if possible) NTN jig (dimensions here).

Apologies in advance if something was posted previously about the planned drill guides requiring more spacing between holes, but the current Dynafit jig has both the Vertical and Radical toes.
    Then the heel goes all out with both the traditional four holes plus four holes for the Speed Superlite and Low Tech Race (i.e., the shared center hole and then two sets of Left<>Right holes with different spacing from the shared center hole), plus another four holes for the rental binding (although those are very far away from everything else, and I think very few of those rental bindings are ever seen in North America ... but still, that means eight holes in fairly close proximity for the heel).

And still more requests/suggestions/annoyances:

- The current Dynafit jig ditches the traditional alpine downhill jig’s stop for the boot toe lug and substitutes toe pincers, like on the actual binding. This enhances mounting length accuracy, which admittedly does not matter much given the fore-aft range of Vertical and Radical bindings, but is critical for older Speed/Classic bindings (6mm total track length). This is also critical for the Speed Superlite and Low Tech Race, plus....

- How about heel-only patterns (since the toe is shared) for the ATK/Sportiva RT, the older four-hole Dynafit Low Tech Race / Low Tech Lite, and Plum Race 135/145? I can mail you (respectively) the metal template, plastic transparency, and jpg (different from the current one on the website) for these bindings. Trab is also distributed here, but I don’t know the pattern. (See here for more race bindings: http://www.skintrack.com/bindings-comparison/)

- Even better potentially, if you first mount on a Dynafit or similar “Tech” toe, will the jig fit over the toe-mounted ski with the toe-pattern plate removed? If so, then perhaps you could set up the race heel plates to be used like this: http://fixation-plum.com/43-55-thick...g-template.jpg ... so that the toe is mounted first, then the boot is inserted into the mounted toe, and the jig has a little post so that is pressed flush up against the boot heel for dead-on accuracy.

Feel free to email me directly if you want to pursue any of this further, including pictures of various mechanical jigs, although you can also get that from the various technical manuals. (I have current Dynafit, current Diamir, old Diamir, Naxo, the old narrow blue Salomon that everyone has, the old-ish Look/Rossi that has the turntable plus the back-to-the-future PX, Marker, some Atomic plate-thing, Salomon nordic, and NNN nordic.)
    Mo' skimo here: NE Rando Race Series

Quote Originally Posted by davieboot View Post
    I don't disagree, necessarily, but I haven't seen the combo jigs in person. Do you have a photo? Do they include turntables, Axial/P, PX/Axial 2, and the heavy, higher din PX heels (PX racing)? I see combos of 2 or 3 of those that would work, but I don't see all of them. Maybe I need to take another look (get it?), which I will do when I get home tonight. Maybe no one cares about the older Axials/P bindings. But I think the main conflict was between the PX Race and the PX holes.
    I can double check tonight but I'm 99% sure that my PX12 binders use the same pattern as my PX18s. They are all axial2. I will confirm tonight.

I'm in on a jig + dynafit plates. Nice job!

Quote Originally Posted by Wunderkind View Post
    I can double check tonight but I'm 99% sure that my PX12 binders use the same pattern as my PX18s. They are all axial2. I will confirm tonight.
    I think you'll find that your PX18 heels have holes that are a bit closer together. Please let me know.