Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Killer stuff, davieboot. Love to see people here stepping it up.
    I think I'd be in for one.

I'm in for one also, with Solly (916), Look (Pivot, FKS), Binding Freedom (Sollyfit, Dynalook), and Dynafit (Radical) plates.
    Last edited by bern43; 01-09-2013 at 06:54 AM.

"""Quote Originally Posted by davieboot View Post
    There is no reason it couldn't do inserts ... Looks like the insert bit is 6.5mm. But we could easily have plates with bushings for the 6.5mm bit.
    No, don't do that! I have a drill bit being custom made now which will fit into standard ski jig bushings. So, people will be able to drill directly for inserts with a jig.

I'm curious which drill bushings you have chosen? I've seen that most jigs are 8.1mm bushings, which ends up being about .004" oversized versus 3/8". If you use a 3/8" bushing, people won't be able to use the jig as a tap guide, but if you use 8.1mm it works for drilling and tapping."""

now this ^^ would make a good reason to buy a jig ... the ability to make insert instal easier and perfect

This is an awesome idea, and the cleanest execution of a universal jig yet. I'm pretty interested in one, but not sure if I'm going to have the funds to purchase one in the next month or so.

FWIW though, plates i'd want to see are:
    Salomon (STH driver and Guardian)
    Dynafit radical
    TwentyTwo Designs tele (keep in mind that the pinline is different on the newer Axl and Vice bindings. The Hammerhead has the pinline 5mm forward and is a more common binding, but is also obsolete after this season. I'm more interested in axl/vice pattern.)

Great work, hope this project gets off the ground!

Awesome idea. I was going to do something like this when I graduated but looks like you beat me to it.

I won't commit to one right now but its likely I will in the future. Good work.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    TwentyTwo Designs tele (keep in mind that the pinline is different on the newer Axl and Vice bindings. The Hammerhead has the pinline 5mm forward and is a more common binding, but is also obsolete after this season. I'm more interested in axl/vice pattern.)
    Is the shifted pin line the only difference?

Now keeping track of the various plates that folks are interested in on the first page.

Dynafits and Dukes recently have shifted their hole pattern, so if you know whether you want plates for the new Dukes vs. old Dukes, let me know. Same for Dynafit Radical (new) vs. Vertical/Comforts.

Happy Holidays, glad it is snowing.

Quote Originally Posted by davieboot View Post
    Is the shifted pin line the only difference?
    Yes, no other difference.

Interested.
    Salomon STH16
    Dynafit Radical

I would want Dynafit that matched my Speeds (older 5 hole pattern I think?) but I would probably also buy a newer Dynafit plate.

I'm in
    1 jig
    1 Sally plates
    1 Old Dfit plates
    1 new Dfit plate(this would be just the toe?)

Make it so number one!
    Last edited by scottyb; 12-26-2012 at 09:51 AM.
    watch out for snakes

Great idea, looks well done- sorry I don't have the funds right now to pick one up!

Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
    I'm in
    1 new Dfit plate(this would be just the toe?)
    good call. In fact, Dynafit plate set could come standard with one heel plate and two toe plates. Would likely lead to fewer mistakes.

this is a great idea. I probably won't be spending the $$ right now, but I'd certainly consider it down the track. My house currently has both Dynafits, 22 Designs tele, Markers, & Fritschi bindings on various skis...

When do you think these would start shipping?

Could be in for a jig and marker F12 template. Need details on ship date and payment dates.

Would be in for a jig and a salomon 916 and a rossi FKS

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    """Quote Originally Posted by davieboot View Post
    There is no reason it couldn't do inserts ... Looks like the insert bit is 6.5mm. But we could easily have plates with bushings for the 6.5mm bit.
    No, don't do that! I have a drill bit being custom made now which will fit into standard ski jig bushings. So, people will be able to drill directly for inserts with a jig.

I'm curious which drill bushings you have chosen? I've seen that most jigs are 8.1mm bushings, which ends up being about .004" oversized versus 3/8". If you use a 3/8" bushing, people won't be able to use the jig as a tap guide, but if you use 8.1mm it works for drilling and tapping."""

now this ^^ would make a good reason to buy a jig ... the ability to make insert instal easier and perfect
    Like the tap guide idea.
    I wo uld buy one if it did that too
    . . .

Could you with with jondrums to make a jig that works for binding freedom swap plates?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    Could you with with jondrums to make a jig that works for binding freedom swap plates?
    Yeah, I don't see why not, as long as jondrums doesn't have an issue with it (not sure why he would).
    JigaRex Universal Ski Mounting Jig

I'm in for 1 jig, 1 fks plate.

Nice davieboot. After only skimming this thread and one of the insert threads, there seemed to be a little confusion about drill bit sizes. You could simply KISS and use a 5/16" bushing which would work for alpine, nordic and 1/4" (for inserts, bottom) step bits:

If the bushings could pop out, you could offer other sizes for 1/4" drill bits and 5/16" and 12 AB taps if the demand merited the investment.
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinord View Post
    Nice davieboot. After only skimming this thread and one of the insert threads, there seemed to be a little confusion about drill bit sizes. You could simply KISS and use a 5/16" bushing which would work for alpine, nordic and 1/4" (for inserts, bottom) step bits:

If the bushings could pop out, you could offer other sizes for 1/4" drill bits and 5/16" and 12 AB taps if the demand merited the investment.
    To clarify, I am currently using bushing for the 5/16" step bits you have pictured (8mm are close enough to be interchangeable a well). The bits fit snugly into the bushings to keep them perfectly vertical. I hope this clears up any confusion anyone had.

Removable bushings are a good idea, but very costly (a set cost twice the plates), and the ones I've played with aren't reliably removable anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Stowelen View Post
    When do you think these would start shipping?
    Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    Could be in for a jig and marker F12 template. Need details on ship date and payment dates.
    I'll stop this presale in a week or so and order parts. It will take a few weeks to get everything in, assembled, tested, and shipped. So it should be the beginning of February.

Payment would be at the time of shipment by whatever means works best for you.

In for one, if you can ship to Japan (at a decent rate)

Look fks, tyrolia peak (but I guess not enough people), salomon guardian plates