Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Agree with Jamespio. I was once in a vaguely similar situation on a hut trip. Wasn't thrilled at the idea of subsidizing the poor judgement of a friend, but of course I did the right thing. He fucking organized the thing and I appreciated his effort.

Hugh Conway Guest
    How much do you value these friends? The right thing to do is pay up your share. If you don't care about them and are feeling like an asshole - don't pay up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamespio View Post
    You just can't let this go, stfu, can you? Look, you wouldn't chip in. SOme other people would. The people who would, thinhk you're kind of an ass. Thaqt's the end of it. Stop tryihng to justify yourself. Either accept the fact that some poeople you don't know and will probably never meet think you're an ass, or change who you are. But you aren't going to convince any of us that you're right. And all you do by reiterating your point is make it extremely clear that nobody should ever engage in any kind of joint activity with you unless all fo the possible consequences are spelled out in advance, which kind of turns an adventure into not so much of one.
    I'm sorry - I didn't realize you had monopolized the rights to commenting in this thread. You think I'm an ass, and I think you're an idiot. Pretty sure we've got that point nailed down. If you'd like to stop having this conversation, feel free to stop replying.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    How much do you value these friends? The right thing to do is pay up your share. If you don't care about them and are feeling like an asshole - don't pay up.
    The asshole is the guy who put the money up in a predictably unsafe manner without saying anything to anyone and then expects his friends to bail him out after the fact.

No, you're the asshole.

Now we've really brought this thing to stfu's level. Warning, do NOT travel with stfu!

No, you're the asshole.

Now we've really brought this thing to stfu's level. Warning, do NOT travel with stfu!
    No Jamespio, you're the asshole. When people trust you to make plans, the expectation is that you'll use normal everyday methods for booking accomodations. If you got busted out trying to line up porters in the Amazon or some shit it would be different. But if you decide to go on the black market looking for a place to stay in fucking Los Angeles - that shit is on you. The main thing I'd hope for is that any asshat who wanted to turn booking a BnB into some kind of drug deal would at least say so ahead of time so I could tell them straight up that I'm not paying for that shit. Anyone who wants to do that should definitely not travel with me. Anyone who thinks it would just be easier to go book a motel 6 someplace should definitely not travel with Jamspio, Under the Table Booking Agent Extraordinaire.

You're a caricature, dude. When you decide to interact with the world as it actually exists, let us know. I love how you turned a los security deposit into a "black market" "drug deal." In your world, are you really cool and do the babes love you?

You're a caricature, dude. When you decide to interact with the world as it actually exists, let us know. I love how you turned a los security deposit into a "black market" "drug deal." In your world, are you really cool and do the babes love you?
    lol - what do you think the black market is? It's the unregulated, unmanaged, uncontrolled market. When you choose to circumvent the normal market, you're on the black market. Anyone planning to travel on your itinerary should be aware that you don't know this.