Page 56 of 107 FirstFirst ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 2669

Thread: Shiffrin

"Watch Mikaela Shiffrin's insane season 2018/2019 including 3 World Champs medals, 4 crystal globes and 21 World Cup podiums with 17 wins - a season for eternity!"
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post

"Watch Mikaela Shiffrin's insane season 2018/2019 including 3 World Champs medals, 4 crystal globes and 21 World Cup podiums with 17 wins - a season for eternity!"
    Soooo much WIN!
    Watching some of those turns again in slow-mo make you really appreciate how smooth she is through turns. She rarely has to fight through a corner which I think is really helping her to keep her body from injury.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-05-29 at 7.16.34 AM.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	547.5 KB 
ID:	284046
    www.apriliaforum.com

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-05-29 at 7.16.34 AM.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	547.5 KB 
ID:	284046
    her videos on IG are pretty sweet from her flight.

9 Gs is ridiculous.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

She got jobbed in the espy’s tonight. I get Morgan and all but as a singular athletic feat last season was a much bigger deal.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Totally agree. Women's soccer is hot, rightfully so, and Morgan was a goal winner. But, as far as solo sports achievements, Mikaela's was on another level. Ah, well, I think she'll take it in stride.

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    She got jobbed in the espy’s tonight. I get Morgan and all but as a singular athletic feat last season was a much bigger deal.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I think Ms. Shiffrin cares about winning races, cold hard performance, not some popularity contest most people haven't heard of.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

The ESPYs used to be something cool but IMHO the prestige of receiving one has declined along with the rest of ESPN.

If the ESPYs were held in March, Mikaela would have won easily.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    If the ESPYs were held in March, Mikaela would have won easily.
    Or even 3 weeks ago before the media hoopla of Women's Soccer.
    At least we won't hear about them until the Olympics next year, then we won't hear about them again until 2023.

Just saw this article, it's pretty good: https://www.glamour.com/story/mikael...in-is-the-best

One tidbit:
    Her relentless pursuit of total ski supremacy isn’t about the high of winning or the glory of clinching a spot as a once-in-a-generation athlete. She wants to be the best skier in the world simply because she loves it. “One of the things that I love so much is that I have the opportunity to inspire people to ski,” she says. “I know for a lot of people who don't ski, or are just learning how to ski, you're like, ‘Why am I doing this? It's cold, it's hard, I'm falling, I'm bruised, and tiring.’ But the feeling you get when you make a clean turn, the exhilaration you feel is so addicting. It's like nothing else on earth. It's probably like driving Formula One—except you're not in a car; you're racing down an icy mountain on two little planks at 90 miles an hour. It feels like flying, and I'm totally addicted to it. When I'm on snow, I'm like, ‘Whoa! I like this, this is cool.’”
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

^Granted, I’m probably not as good as her, but, I totally get what she is saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Just saw this article, it's pretty good: https://www.glamour.com/story/mikael...in-is-the-best

One tidbit:
    I know exactly how she feels, except for the 90 MPH part.
    The Sheriff is near!

Lindsey and Body make me proud to be a skier... Micaela makes me proud to be human!

Name:	4D08B16B-25B0-4BB8-8C35-818E321EFE50.jpg 
Views:	545 
Size:	408.2 KB 
ID:	289306
    Wow! To hot for words.

don't know how to link directly to the video but on her IG right now she is playing the geeetar and singing
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B0Tary7jFc4/
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Belongs in the “most erotic song” thread.

Pretty good skills but the fakeness, "Oh, my cellphone is candidly recording me, I didn't even know, #sellout..." She's a great skier! BS facial expression.
    National hero! Fake celebrity phony. Good looking gal! Rich b.... Strong athlete! Good for her to ca$h in, but it all seems phony and paid sponsorships.

Also, we have a newborn in the house and I didn't sleep last night so F everyone and everything. I'm a grouch today.

Quote Originally Posted by Tips^Up View Post
    Pretty good skills but the fakeness, "Oh, my cellphone is candidly recording me, I didn't even know, #sellout..." She's a great skier! BS facial expression.
    National hero! Fake celebrity phony. Good looking gal! Rich b.... Strong athlete! Good for her to ca$h in, but it all seems phony and paid sponsorships.
    What are you talking about? She was saying "oh it already is recording, ok here i go" she then talks to the camera.

She is a winner, strong, smart, and also gorgeous. Her facial expressions are hilarious. I turned off the vid because I didn't enjoy her singing, but who cares? Her spancers aren't paying her to sing. She's singing because she wants to.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tips^Up View Post
    Also, we have a newborn in the house and I didn't sleep last night so F everyone and everything. I'm a grouch today.
    This made me laugh.
    Mikaela for president!
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

You guys are funny. I watched that video 5 or 6 times. All kinds of mad talents.

And tips up congrats!

Pretty damn good I thought!

Nice house!

https://www.today.com
    www.apriliaforum.com

Ottime

How can you not be in love with her?