Page 49 of 107 FirstFirst ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 2669

Thread: Shiffrin

Quote Originally Posted by telefreewasatch View Post
    Kinda like Kristoffersen being under Hirscher all last winter...and this one, too, eh?
    Something like 15 2nd place finishes to Marcel in the last 2 years. Hirscher won #64 today and will win his 8th straight wc overall this year.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Petra was wound up at Killington after the slalom. After about 10 minutes of signing autographs she stopped and shouted with fists clenched at her side "that is all, I have to be somewhere" and stomped off.
    Ya she did have to be somewhere. She has a specified time, post awards ceremony, that she must check into antidoping control. She is also required to report to the press conference.
    It wasn't in rage or disappointment of 2nd place, she had somewhere to be and didn't want to sign hats for 200 kids who have no idea who she is.

Shiffrin

Anybody know if there will be any parallel slalom or city events in the States? (This year or next.). The FIS WC schedule is difficult for me to decipher.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Shiffrin

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Anybody know if there will be any parallel slalom or city events in the States? (This year or next.). The FIS WC schedule is difficult for me to decipher.
    No. Not on the 2019-20, 20-21 or 21-22 season.
    There is a Ladies and Men’s AND a Team Event (ATE) scheduled for Nov 7-8 2020 and Nov 8-9 2021. The host location has not been awarded. This is the weekend between Sölden AUT and Levi FIN, so a trip to North America is not feasible with the travel schedule.

That’s what I figured, but thought you may know for sure. Those parallel slaloms look like a great spectator experience. Looks like I’ll have to keep that in mind for my Euro trips.

Shiffrin

St Moritz Ladies PSL mid Dec.
    Alta Badia Men’s PGS late Dec.
    Oslo M+L City Event New Years Day.
    Åre (2019) World Champs Team Event Mid Feb.
    Cortina (2021) World Champs Team Event and PSL.
    Stockholm M+L City Event.
    World Cup Finals Team Event late March. 2019-Andora, 2020-Cortina, 2021-Lenzeheide
    In 2022 there will be a few more added, with the possibility of PSL at the Olympic Games.

Gawd... I’m not actually a racing geek I just happen to work in the business. Does this mean I’m gonna get PMs from Greg at Alpine Zone...

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    I’m not actually a racing geek
    Suuuuuuuurrrre.
    Thanks

Paula Moltzan crushed run #2 but a weak first run is probably going to keep her just out of a top 10.

Shiffrin up next.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Vlhova lays down a hammer run . Let's see what Shiffrin can do.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.

Quote Originally Posted by nyskirat View Post
    That was a sweet link until the feed bailed JUST before Shiffrin started.

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    Vlhova lays down a hammer run . Let's see what Shiffrin can do.
    Well that is that. Shiffrin in second (+.15) with the 3rd fastest run two time (behind Vlhova and Moltzan). I didn't get to see Shiffrin's run but holy shit did Vlhova ski like she was mad on that second run. Absolutely crushed that course.

Edit: Vlhova's post race interview: "I finally beat Mikaela"

Thanks for the link
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

2nd on the day.

Vlhova uncorked a second run. Stream crapped out when Shiffrin ran for me so I can't comment on her run, but my guess is she couldn't take a line like Vlhova who is just bigger and stronger. The course was absolutely chewed up up top.

Vlhova uncorked a second run... my guess is she couldn't take a line like Vlhova who is just bigger and stronger.
    She looked like a linebacker blasting through gates on that run. When I saw that I knew Shiffrin was going to have to pull off an incredible run to beat her. I don't think Vlhova can pull off attacking like that on a consistent basis. Very little margin for error.

Pretty cool competitive race. Vlhova wanted that bad. Shiffrin had a couple late-ish turns near the top, and never made up that difference. She seemed pissed.

“‘I would say there’s a lot of wiggle room, a lot of room for improvement,’ she said in a phone interview this week.”

Her self-awareness, maturity, and mental “game” have been just as instrumental in her success as her genes and physical training regimen.

The self-discipline required to stay sharp mentally sharp on top of all the travel and training and media attention is awe-inspiring.

Quote Originally Posted by beasttowest View Post
    The self-discipline required to stay sharp mentally sharp on top of all the travel and training and media attention is awe-inspiring.
    Don't know if it's been posted before but I found this article pretty revealing about her mental attitude: https://www.outsideonline.com/226350...at-said-nobody

She's officially a has been.

Quote Originally Posted by teledad View Post
    Don't know if it's been posted before but I found this article pretty revealing about her mental attitude: https://www.outsideonline.com/226350...at-said-nobody
    Great lines: "Her body fills out her skin in a way that just looks fuller and better than anybody else. It’s like she’s a freshly blown-up balloon and the rest of us have been hanging around losing air for a few days or weeks. "
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Ya but Petra loves Heavy Metal and Motocross....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	petra-vlhova-boris-vlha-motocross-tatranska-mineralka-1080x675.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	205.1 KB 
ID:	263556

Kronplatz in 5 1/2 hours

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-01-14 at 10.19.34 PM.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	1,011.8 KB 
ID:	264639
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Kronplatz in 5 1/2 hours
    seems rather slow by her standards.

Up by 1.39 after first run.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk