ROLL TIDE ROLL

Go Mikaela

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-02-05 at 8.11.55 AM.png 
Views:	135 
Size:	442.3 KB 
ID:	268214
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Top 4 skiers separated by 7 1/100ths of a second. Impressive.

Also, Sarah Schlepper racing fro Mexico at 39 y.o.?

Quote Originally Posted by hafjell View Post
    Also, Sarah Schlepper racing fro Mexico at 39 y.o.?
    She is a dual citizen because she married a Mexican (and has two kids!), been competing for Mexico since 2016 and carried the Mexican flag at the 2018 olympic ceremonies.

If the can still qualify and wants to do it, kickass! She is another CO girl like Shiffrin and Vonn. Her dad still has Buzz's Boards shop in Vail
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    She is a dual citizen because she married a Mexican (and has two kids!), been competing for Mexico since 2016 and carried the Mexican flag at the 2018 olympic ceremonies.

If the can still qualify and wants to do it, kickass! She is another CO girl like Shiffrin and Vonn. Her dad still has Buzz's Boards shop in Vail
    Roger. Thanks.

Well said:

"I know now that I am older how to describe skiing: It makes you feel young,"

Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post
    Well said:

"I know now that I am older how to describe skiing: It makes you feel young,"
    Who's that from? It's a fantastic quote.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Who's that from? It's a fantastic quote.
    In the Buzz’s article. Sounds like a great guy.

Maybe it's just the fact that I was not alive for the time of Ingemar Stenmark but I think right now is a truly awesome time for the World Cup. Not only do we have Shiffrin who will likely become the winningest skier of all time but we also have Hirscher who also stands a chance to lay claim to that title. This is pretty amazing to be seeing.

She announced on FB that she's not going to race the combined, just GS and slalom.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Pass Rat View Post
    Maybe it's just the fact that I was not alive for the time of Ingemar Stenmark but I think right now is a truly awesome time for the World Cup. Not only do we have Shiffrin who will likely become the winningest skier of all time but we also have Hirscher who also stands a chance to lay claim to that title. This is pretty amazing to be seeing.
    I’m old, and even bought a tasseled hat because Ingemar had one. The main difference for me is I actually can watch the races. Live, replay, with or without commentary, etc. Barely got to see anything back then. Olympics and replays on Wide World of Sports, that was about it.
    Still, what Hirscher and Shiffrin are doing is extraordinary.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

https://www.instagram.com/p/Btql3OLn...d=l1urnft6f1vk

You could cut that tension with a knife. I wonder what is going on with Mikaela and Lindsey.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

She’s a bit in her own head most of the time, that post being a great example. She’s such a solid skier, she’s going to do well no matter what she skis.

Volhova is skiing really well right now too, Shiffrin can’t afford her 90% until the last pitch in the slaloms any more

www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Instead of trying for the quintuple Mikaela is focusing on the 3 events she thinks she can win. Spread out for recovery and less media hype/attention will help her achieve this goal. Petra is skiing really well, but the second syndrome must be getting to her.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

https://www.instagram.com/p/Btql3OLn...d=l1urnft6f1vk

...I wonder what is going on with Mikaela and Lindsey.

You could start with what happened in the last race they did together.

Mikaela has also managed her career better than Vonn. In particular, M has avoided spreading herself too thin and, in being really selective with DH, not putting herself in harm's way for some sort of long career interruption from a devastating injury.

A friend in Europe, an Italian, a place that has produced no shortage of pretty good World Cup skiers, just said to me that he thought that Vonn was really a great champion.

No doubt about that. But, I cannot figure out why she's dumping on Shiffrin all of a sudden. Tiger, who Lindsey knows quite well, was one of the most selective athletes I have ever seen. He only played a handful of tournaments per year, in comparison to what other golfers were doing.

And Bodie, being the grizzled retiree that he now is, firing off like he did. He doesn't come off well.

in fact, neither Vonn nor Miller look particularly good right now.

Sent from my moto e5 plus using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by charles martel View Post

And Bodie, being the grizzled retiree that he now is, firing off like he did. He doesn't come off well.

MS is doing her own thing the way she wants to do it ( i.e. not like everyone thinks she should do it).
    Which is just like Bode did.

Bode's awesome, but he should just STFU.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Suncloud View Post
    ...Bode's awesome, but he should just STFU.
    /\/\/\/\

Sent from my moto e5 plus using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Suncloud View Post
    MS is doing her own thing the way she wants to do it ( i.e. not like everyone thinks she should do it).
    Which is just like Bode did.
    I feel like Mikaela is concerned with skiing and only skiing. While Bode and Vonn are concerned about the greater stardom surrounding their status as professional athletes as well as their more widely known names.

I feel like Mikaela is concerned with skiing and only skiing. While Bode and Vonn are concerned about the greater stardom surrounding their status as professional athletes as well as their more widely known names.
    You’ve got to compare age differences to be fair. I agree overall but just saying.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

This.

Mikaela is VERY driven, to the point where I don't think she truly has many friends or interests outside of her immediate skiing circle. She's not looking to use her reputation to further her earnings and doesn't really stray from her immediate path (which may be due to her mother). It's very rare that you see her in any sort of advertisement, on any major sports show (ESPN, FS1, etc.), or at a red carpet event which is the polar opposite of Lindsey or Bode.

I also think having a fully staffed team basically from day 1 on the WC scene has helped her learn what her limits are, when she should push it, and when she should back off. Right now it's clear she is looking at collecting 3 globes and couldn't care less about winning the World Championships if it meant she couldn't win even one of those globes. That's not to say she's not going to try to win the World Champs, but she's not going to do so at the expense of her other goals.

I just read a great story in The Athletic about Klay Thompson, and recently I read a thing about Stenmark, and people like this have a unique focus. It's only because of the ease of getting information that this is even talked about. They like what they're doing to the point of excluding other things. I admire this.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

[QUOTE=charles martel;5589024

Mikaela has also managed her career better than Vonn. In particular, M has avoided spreading herself too thin and, in being really selective with DH, not putting herself in harm's way for some sort of long career interruption from a devastating injury.

A friend in Europe, an Italian, a place that has produced no shortage of pretty good World Cup skiers, just said to me that he thought that Vonn was really a great champion.

Sent from my moto e5 plus using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
    Shiffrin isn’t doing things like marrying her coach or showing up at events still buzzed! The only common thread amongst our top three skiers of all time is that they all did it outside and beside the US team. An interesting dichotomy USA skiing should be trying to understand. That said, the current farm team model is making a few wealthy on the dreams of farm team parents, so maybe they understand exactly what they are doing!
    Last edited by Canada1; 02-11-2019 at 05:21 PM.

8:15 first run start, she's bib 2 in the GS.

On the Olympic channel.

Starting to feel sorry for Petra.

Sitting in 4th (+.44) after her very conservative first run. Vlhova in second even with some major mistakes (her coach set the course).

With the warm windy conditions, that .44 may be easily made up. The reverse running order of the second run is going to be good for a skier who can stay balanced and still generate speed. Hard attackers like the leaders (Rebensburg and Vlhova) are going to have a hard time setting their edges to keep under some level of control in the second run.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/