Page 33 of 107 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast

Thread: Shiffrin

Tune in.

Netflix has a couple shows for the 2018 games with Shiffrin, and several other athletes/sports.

Bamavail skis on ice.

#lemonade #worstwinterever
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

She went out this am on first run. That's two back to back DNF's. She has to be exhausted.

Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    She went out this am on first run. That's two back to back DNF's. She has to be exhausted.
    That is what I'm thinking too. She may have been testing her endurance to see what she is capable of during the Olympics.
    Now that she has a better idea how she can hold up, she can make an informed decision on what events she will run and how hard she can run them without burning out over the two weeks.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Shiffrin

Stoked for Mowinckel, she is coming on just in time for the Olympics. Big fan of the Norwegian and Italian woman’s teams.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by nutmegchoi View Post
    Tune in.

Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    Good news is it's symmetrical, right outside and then left outside.

She was being pretty aggressive for this one, a bit different from the SG where it was a awkward set.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-01-23 at 8.31.29 PM.png 
Views:	183 
Size:	915.9 KB 
ID:	222057
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Her shrink has some work to do before the big O.

Quote Originally Posted by Goniff View Post
    Her shrink has some work to do before the big O.
    LOL.... She had today's race won but got twisted up a few short gates from the finish. Hard to believe she had never DNF'd until a couple weeks ago, and now has three....
    The GS the day before wasn't close... as she was over 1.5 seconds behind.

She'll be fine. Still has a chance at 3-5 medals, and has to be the favorite in the combined and slalom.

Epic/
    I was watching the races this week end, and Florence Masnada, Eurosport french speaking consultant, thought she seemed to have some trouble with her gear lately. She's the only Atomic female athlete in SL, and her ski are very energetic but unforgiving. She has to be absolutely on top of her game (like she usually is) and probably need some rest before Korea.
    /Epic
    "Typically euro, french in particular, in my opinion. It's the same skiing or climbing there. They are completely unfazed by their own assholeness. Like it's normal." - srsosbso

Quote Originally Posted by philippeR View Post
    Epic/
    I was watching the races this week end, and Florence Masnada, Eurosport french speaking consultant, thought she seemed to have some trouble with her gear lately. She's the only Atomic female athlete in SL, and her ski are very energetic but unforgiving. She has to be absolutely on top of her game (like she usually is) and probably need some rest before Korea.
    /Epic
    She ended up on the inside ski again, but it's funny you make the Epic reference, because that place was famous for trying to get people on their inside ski. Between maybe more issues with anxiety, changed routines, and possible flu or chest cold, she's entitled, and said she was exhausted at a point where she normally makes time off of her ski pop. Rest will definitely help, and I am sure there will be an outside ski mantra.

Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

Quote Originally Posted by willywhit View Post
    won't let me watch that in Scotland

https://www.si.com/olympics/2018/01/...18-pyeongchang may be kicking themselves a bit on not fully reflecting the last couple weeks, but still good. " "Mikaela's skiing tended to be quite mechanical, slightly rigid and robotic at times," says Day. "The goal has been to bring more flow to her skiing for the speed events."" Sounds like she has, well, worked really hard, to improve in terms of strength and lean body mass, as well.
    Last edited by GhostofSeasonsPast; 01-30-2018 at 05:22 PM.

So is she inside her own head? 0 medals, dnfs the rest of the season?

God I hope not! She's been so hot this season, it'll be a lifetime regret if she doesn't clean house in these Olympics. I just worry that it's too much pressure and she's cracked in the last 3 races.

I'm concerned as well. There were a few clips in her documentary Mikaela Shiffrin:Peak Season on NBC sports that showed the crushing pressure she puts on herself and it looked like she was close to cracking. I hope she is taking a break before the Olympics start. I'm sure she is training. As someone mentioned earlier in this thread, Hopefully the nbc machine doesn't totally chew her up and spit her out in the coming weeks.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using TGR Forums mobile app
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Tips^Up View Post
    So is she inside her own head? 0 medals, dnfs the rest of the season?

God I hope not! She's been so hot this season, it'll be a lifetime regret if she doesn't clean house in these Olympics. I just worry that it's too much pressure and she's cracked in the last 3 races.
    Chill y'all. Shiffrin is a big league hitter. Hits home runs at crunch time. Seeing how she's only 22, we can look forward to her crushing many more Olympics if this one is not in the stars. Looking forward to several more Olympics with her attendance.

If I were a bookie in South Korea I wouldn't be betting against this horse.

Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Bode on her fitness level and making time on the last third of the course, https://uk.reuters.com/video/2018/02...ts+and+Leisure .

Do y'all think shiffrin has a legit shot in oly gs? Odds moved from +200 to +160 on her to win gs gold. She's -400 to win slalom.
    She's also 15/1 to win super g

She clearly has a good shot at gs. Super g seems like the biggest long shot, based on prior results.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    Do y'all think shiffrin has a legit shot in oly gs? Odds moved from +200 to +160 on her to win gs gold. She's -400 to win slalom.
    She's also 15/1 to win super g

Mikaela has a shot in every Race she starts --

I would not bet against GoldenGirl in this olys speed events, however ( she is hot ) .

... enjoy the races...
    " ... I will do anything to go Skiing ... There Is no pride ... " (Miriam , 2005-2006 epic)

Dec21, 2016. LittleBigLost :
    " I think about it everyday. It is my reminder to live life to the fullest. I get up early, go to bed late, 'cuz I got shit to do. Like I said, I'm 61. Not going to wait till I'm 81 to do stuff, ...

Get out there and do stuff!

Enjoy life to the fullest!!

See you on the slopes! "