Page 35 of 106 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast

Thread: Shiffrin

WOW!

As usual, She was so much smoother on that run than everyone else.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using TGR Forums mobile app
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Amazing what a single laser focus from age 4 will do. Damn fantastic.

What a crusher. She's really is the best damn skier on the mountain.

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    Do y'all think shiffrin has a legit shot in oly gs? Odds moved from +200 to +160 on her to win gs gold. She's -400 to win slalom.
    She's also 15/1 to win super g
    Yes....
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

What a spectacular creature of snow. I'm not worthy, my Lord.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Cha-ching
    So sik

Amazing Shiffrin! Attacked that upper section, rather that skidding around those turns as she did in her first run. What a second run. And, the focus to correct her mistakes. She looked the smoothest up there, and prolly would've won by more except for her little hiccup at the bottom. Probably saw the finish line and forgot everything else.
    Began sobbing when she realized she'd won gold. What relief from the pressure.
    Congrats and best to her. The payoff for her hard work. Slalom tomorrow!

Her ability to correct her mistakes is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    As usual, She was so much smoother on that run than everyone else.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using TGR Forums mobile app

Yes, Bode is very good, in a sort of understated way. Very insightful. Great to have him still in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by telefreewasatch View Post
    Pretty cool to have Bode broadcasting. Insightful to the nth degree. Looking forward to his commenting.
    Like how he's still a team mate / coach to Mikaela... talking about warming up in the GS for her specialty the next day. So positive.
    Shiffrin is such a bad ass athlete with a good heart.
    Good luck, girl!

Quote Originally Posted by goldengatestinx View Post
    Showed her on the chair with the bar down again. I wonder if she keeps it up when mom isn't with her? NTTAWWT.
    She's spent a whole lot of time skiing in Vermont, where it is required by the state that safety bars be used (and I've seen both lift operators and patrol enforce it). It may just be habit.

Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post
    She's spent a whole lot of time skiing in Vermont, where it is required by the state that safety bars be used (and I've seen both lift operators and patrol enforce it). It may just be habit.
    Just stirring the pot here where bar dropping is ridiculed time and again. NY where I grew up skiing has the same rules as VT with bar police. CO doesn't.

Bode has great insights, awesome having his commentary. But his voice is monotone and the bosses must have been pissed at him for making the comment about Veith's marriage. Kinda funny that bad boy don't give a fuck has to apologize on air for expressing his (probably correct) opinion.

Mikaela is a boss, best fucking skier. She also has a little lisp in her interviews. Her instagram and fb (not that I'm a stalker or anything...) is totally sold out though, kinda bugs me. I guess she should sell out now while she's all the rage, but I feel like it takes away from the girl next door appeal. I also feel like her finish line collapse and tears was rehearsed. Like she knew the 2nd best GS skier in the world at the biggest event of the past 4 years would still finish .4 seconds behind her or whatever it was. Couple little bobbles at the end of the run, but she's so much smoother, faster, stronger, better than everyone else. She can't honestly be surprised when she wins? I mean, that's why they play the game, but we all knew she would crush!
    (except for my post a couple weeks ago where I questioned if she was falling apart)

That may seem negative, so the take home message is she's a bad ass motherfucker. And hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Tips^Up View Post
    Bode has great insights, awesome having his commentary. But his voice is monotone and the bosses must have been pissed at him for making the comment about Veith's marriage. Kinda funny that bad boy don't give a fuck has to apologize on air for expressing his (probably correct) opinion.

Mikaela is a boss, best fucking skier. She also has a little lisp in her interviews. Her instagram and fb (not that I'm a stalker or anything...) is totally sold out though, kinda bugs me. I guess she should sell out now while she's all the rage, but I feel like it takes away from the girl next door appeal. I also feel like her finish line collapse and tears was rehearsed. Like she knew the 2nd best GS skier in the world at the biggest event of the past 4 years would still finish .4 seconds behind her or whatever it was. Couple little bobbles at the end of the run, but she's so much smoother, faster, stronger, better than everyone else. She can't honestly be surprised when she wins? I mean, that's why they play the game, but we all knew she would crush!
    (except for my post a couple weeks ago where I questioned if she was falling apart)

That may seem negative, so the take home message is she's a bad ass motherfucker. And hot.
    Let me edit out the misguided statements in the above post.

Bode has great insights, awesome having his commentary. The bosses must have been pissed at him for making the comment about Veith's marriage. Kinda funny that bad boy don't give a fuck has to apologize on air for expressing his (probably correct) opinion.

Mikaela is a boss, best fucking skier. She also has a little lisp in her interviews. Couple little bobbles at the end of the run, but she's so much smoother, faster, stronger, better than everyone else. We all knew she would crush! She's a bad ass motherfucker. And hot.

Quote Originally Posted by racesla View Post

She's a bad ass motherfucker. And hot.
    And her Mom shoves a mirror in her face at the end of the run to make sure she stays looking that way.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

42 and counting, Looking forward to the Slalom tonight.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by racesla View Post

Bode has great insights, awesome having his commentary. The bosses must have been pissed at him for making the comment about Veith's marriage. Kinda funny that bad boy don't give a fuck has to apologize on air for expressing his (probably correct) opinion.

Mikaela is a boss, best fucking skier. She also has a little lisp in her interviews. Couple little bobbles at the end of the run, but she's so much smoother, faster, stronger, better than everyone else. We all knew she would crush! She's a bad ass motherfucker. And hot.
    yep, Bode is blunt

https://www.si.com/olympics/2018/02/...kiing-marriage

sick run

Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

Bode is capable of delivering a joke in perfect deadpan. Some of his audience is not capable of hearing one. Their loss, as his commentary has been so good that I can't think of anyone else in skiing to compare it to.

MS's emotional release after was the price she pays for staying that sharply focused for so long. Hope she can keep the focus without exhaustion now that this one's out of the way. But she's a bad, bad power-napper and knows how to duck media. I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Tips^Up View Post

Her crying was authentic to me. The pressure to win is HUGE and to win was such a huge relief.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Do Olympic races count towards world cup wins?

Bar down: when 1% in fitness and health make the difference in your sport, you save your legs anyway you can.

Why stand when you can sit. why sit when you can lay down. if you can lay down, sleep. I'd be taking naps in the gondola.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

such a jong thread this is

putting the bar down? It's so cool to keep it up brah. If you put it down you must suck at skiing? Yeah, and too bad she skidded her turns... Here's and idea...go back to alpine zone and post over there or just stfu

You ^ forgot mom and the mirror , 2nd stfu, it's almost like ET.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

So she won something?
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by willywhit View Post
    THX for sharin
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by willywhit View Post
    SI actually has a headline with the 'word' "skiier" in it. WTF is journalism coming to?