Page 93 of 106 FirstFirst ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,325 of 2647

Thread: Shiffrin

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    Let’s not jump to conclusions.
    Seriously, can she even ski backward?
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Hood26 View Post
    Shiffrin is back to the level where all the others are taking all the risks to try to beat her.
    Vlhova seems to be fading a bit this year. Trying to stay at Shiffrin's level must be exhausting.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    Based on how well the GMVS kids ski gates with one ski I bet she is ok in reverse.

Good coverage yesterday on the local NBC channel congratulating Mikaela including the governor reading a statement in support of her. Also covered on the national news.

Alterra and GMVS wrapped the Inverness pod lift serving the Kelly Brush race arena where GMVS is based. They have had the lift covered with a tarp the last week with rumors of a significant repair being done. I am sure they are grateful she landed 83 sooner rather than later.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230124_201455.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	931.4 KB 
ID:	444474
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Vlhova seems to be fading a bit this year. Trying to stay at Shiffrin's level must be exhausting.
    She is a better person for it though? Last year she just seemed strung out. This year she looks like life is good, found her balance. Competing with Mikaela at that lebel unsustainable.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Right? Moseley would kick her ass in the bumps, too.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

just read this on ESPN:

"It's been busy, and I am in a kind of an unfortunate time of my monthly cycle, so I'm more tired right now. We just normalized talking about that," she added.
    One of the things that is very likeable about her is she just seems so real. To basically say "I'm on my period so this has been harder" in an interview is hilarious and awesome to me.
    Last edited by Danno; 01-25-2023 at 11:25 AM.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

She's also 1 win away from tying the all time record for GS wins, too.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

An interesting article in the WSJ today about the effect that a lunch with her mother, Roger Federer and his wife last March had on her mental outlook. Worth a read if you can get behind the paywall:

A Lunch With Roger Federer Helped Fuel Mikaela Shiffrin’s Record Run

Quote Originally Posted by boredtoo View Post
    An interesting article in the WSJ today about the effect that a lunch with her mother, Roger Federer and his wife last March had on her mental outlook. Worth a read if you can get behind the paywall:

A Lunch With Roger Federer Helped Fuel Mikaela Shiffrin’s Record Run
    do copy/paste not work on your computer?

Yeah, it works fine, but since a friend showed me the article at lunch using his account, there was nothing to copy and paste.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    do copy/paste not work on your computer?

Below is a link to another down-to-earth Shiffrin interview on CNN after her latest win, where the interviewer asks her "Do you feel like the GOAT?" and she says no, she doesn't know what that's supposed to feel like. Later, she says "Maybe someday, but right now I just feel like a ski racer -- and I'm having a dang good season..."

There are several other great quotes in the interview, one of which is that she wishes she could gift the feeling to everybody of a great GS run, that it feels like flying.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/sports/20...s-spt-intl.cnn

Quote Originally Posted by andy m View Post
    Below is a link to another down-to-earth Shiffrin interview on CNN after her latest win, where the interviewer asks her "Do you feel like the GOAT?" and she says no, she doesn't know what that's supposed to feel like. Later, she says "Maybe someday, but right now I just feel like a ski racer -- and I'm having a dang good season..."

There are several other great quotes in the interview, one of which is that she wishes she could gift the feeling to everybody of a great GS run, that it feels like flying.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/sports/20...s-spt-intl.cnn
    Thanks for sharing that, Andy. The GS quote was great, in some small way as skiers we all get that.

I love her honesty and humility.

fuck me.

#85 already.
    For Sale:

If you're in the Northeast and would like to borrow some Jigarex Plates I have:

Rossi/Look plates
    Salomon Warden 13 plates
    Marker Kingpin Plates

3 wins this week, still 1 more this week.

Has anyone won 4 races in a week?

Oh hey, in all the talk of the World Cup record, we all forgot total wins including Olympics and World Championships.

Shiffrin: 93
    Stenmark: 91
    Vonn: 85 (+1 in my book for the Streif)
    "Let's be careful out there."

She’s unstoppable right now

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Anybody else getting an intrusive x game commercial on top of the thread you are trying to read? I mean really, a commercial that won't go away and makes the threads hard to read?! Can't you at least have it not cover the thread I came here to read?!! It never ends and I have no way to turn it off! How do we loose this crap? The amerikan fixation with whoring out everything is clearly showing here!

For me there is a slightly opaque x just over the top right of the ad that will close it
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Straight domination right now. She's not second guessing herself and letting it flow. Which is when she skis fastest.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    For me there is a slightly opaque x just over the top right of the ad that will close it
    Thanks powdork, that kind of works if I keep clicking it.

Where can I watch some replays?

Holy shit! Today's win is the best skiing I have ever seen from Shiffrin. Fast course.

Here is a quick highlight (scroll down to the video):

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...czech-republic
    Last edited by headrush; 01-28-2023 at 05:46 PM. Reason: add info

She makes it look so easy. Just amazing.