Page 33 of 57 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast

Thread: Shiffrin

Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
    I like her red boots.

She needs a change for a nickle sticker on top of her helmet.
    Red skis too. She got the red ones

Spoiler

lindsey-vonn-mikaela-shiffrin-lara-gut-cortina-super-g/

More practice is in order

“The problem was with my [pre-race course] inspection, and I’m not exactly sure what we can do for me to be better prepared for super-Gs,” Shiffrin said, according to The Associated Press. “One of my biggest issues right now is still switching from the timing of downhill turns to super-G turns.”
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

repete maybe, me no cares

mute music and play AP video instead

watch out for snakes

watch out for snakes

watch out for snakes

I can only help to legitimize your obsession, scottyb...How can someone so adorable be such a beast? Me no cares, all I know is I feels butterflys.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Tune in.

肉豆蔻崔

Netflix has a couple shows for the 2018 games with Shiffrin, and several other athletes/sports.

Bamavail skis on ice.

#lemonade #worstwinterever

She went out this am on first run. That's two back to back DNF's. She has to be exhausted.

Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    She went out this am on first run. That's two back to back DNF's. She has to be exhausted.
    That is what I'm thinking too. She may have been testing her endurance to see what she is capable of during the Olympics.
    Now that she has a better idea how she can hold up, she can make an informed decision on what events she will run and how hard she can run them without burning out over the two weeks.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Shiffrin

Stoked for Mowinckel, she is coming on just in time for the Olympics. Big fan of the Norwegian and Italian woman’s teams.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by nutmegchoi View Post
    Tune in.

Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    Good news is it's symmetrical, right outside and then left outside.

She was being pretty aggressive for this one, a bit different from the SG where it was a awkward set.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-01-23 at 8.31.29 PM.png 
Views:	160 
Size:	915.9 KB 
ID:	222057
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Her shrink has some work to do before the big O.

Quote Originally Posted by Goniff View Post
    Her shrink has some work to do before the big O.
    LOL.... She had today's race won but got twisted up a few short gates from the finish. Hard to believe she had never DNF'd until a couple weeks ago, and now has three....
    The GS the day before wasn't close... as she was over 1.5 seconds behind.

She'll be fine. Still has a chance at 3-5 medals, and has to be the favorite in the combined and slalom.

Epic/
    I was watching the races this week end, and Florence Masnada, Eurosport french speaking consultant, thought she seemed to have some trouble with her gear lately. She's the only Atomic female athlete in SL, and her ski are very energetic but unforgiving. She has to be absolutely on top of her game (like she usually is) and probably need some rest before Korea.
    /Epic
    "Typically euro, french in particular, in my opinion. It's the same skiing or climbing there. They are completely unfazed by their own assholeness. Like it's normal." - srsosbso

Quote Originally Posted by philippeR View Post
    Epic/
    I was watching the races this week end, and Florence Masnada, Eurosport french speaking consultant, thought she seemed to have some trouble with her gear lately. She's the only Atomic female athlete in SL, and her ski are very energetic but unforgiving. She has to be absolutely on top of her game (like she usually is) and probably need some rest before Korea.
    /Epic
    She ended up on the inside ski again, but it's funny you make the Epic reference, because that place was famous for trying to get people on their inside ski. Between maybe more issues with anxiety, changed routines, and possible flu or chest cold, she's entitled, and said she was exhausted at a point where she normally makes time off of her ski pop. Rest will definitely help, and I am sure there will be an outside ski mantra.

Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

Quote Originally Posted by willywhit View Post
    won't let me watch that in Scotland

https://www.si.com/olympics/2018/01/...18-pyeongchang may be kicking themselves a bit on not fully reflecting the last couple weeks, but still good. " "Mikaela's skiing tended to be quite mechanical, slightly rigid and robotic at times," says Day. "The goal has been to bring more flow to her skiing for the speed events."" Sounds like she has, well, worked really hard, to improve in terms of strength and lean body mass, as well.
    Last edited by GhostofSeasonsPast; 01-30-2018 at 04:22 PM.

So is she inside her own head? 0 medals, dnfs the rest of the season?

God I hope not! She's been so hot this season, it'll be a lifetime regret if she doesn't clean house in these Olympics. I just worry that it's too much pressure and she's cracked in the last 3 races.

I'm concerned as well. There were a few clips in her documentary Mikaela Shiffrin:Peak Season on NBC sports that showed the crushing pressure she puts on herself and it looked like she was close to cracking. I hope she is taking a break before the Olympics start. I'm sure she is training. As someone mentioned earlier in this thread, Hopefully the nbc machine doesn't totally chew her up and spit her out in the coming weeks.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using TGR Forums mobile app
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/