Page 9 of 106 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Shiffrin

Quote Originally Posted by narc View Post
    And she wins that too. 3 wins in 3 days is amazing.
    But the 2nd run is still in progress...fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by telefreewasatch View Post
    I'm watching live as well. Schild put down a fast run, then Loeseth took the lead. Mikaela only has a slight advantage to work with. Betcha she still extends her amazing slalom winning streak.

Holdener takes 0.45 second lead. Two gals to go!

Quote Originally Posted by telefreewasatch View Post
    , must have been 1st run positions
    Quote Originally Posted by b dubya View Post
    Tricks are for hookers

And Zuzalova is 0.90 faster. Go Mikaela

Yaa! Thought she was going to go off course at the top when she got backseat some. She can recover so quickly!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

How the FUCK did she make up that much time in the last 15 gates? That was incredible. Another win for Shiffrin.

2nd place nailed her run. It was almost flawless, she was right on the edge of crashing but never had to scrub speed. Mikaela has a shitty top yet somehow manages to make up .8 seconds in the final pitch and flat.

It must really suck to have a great run and lose even though your competition has a shitty day.

Zuzulova crushed that second run, yet Mikaela did her lower course comeback!!! Wow, those will be two runs to see. Way to go Shiffrin, what a pressure performance. She sure deserves the consecutive win record.

Good gawd, she is amazing. Had a bit of trouble and was trailing by about 0.4.. Turned up the heat in the last third and won by a big margin. Amazing how she can accelerate like that!

HAT TRICK for the 21 year old superstar!!

she is unbelievable. The domination is insane.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

where are you guys watching this? can somebody post a link please?

I wasn't watching it, was just following results online.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Ridiculous
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

It was on NBCSN this morning. GS was on Universal. Usually you can stream off the NBCsports website but you have to have a cable subscription or a password.

Watching now. Mikaela is a legend.

What an amazing race. You had to feel for Zuzulova...you could tell she was rightfully super stoked on her run only to have the carpet pulled out from underneath her by Shiffrin who had some sketchy moments. So exciting to watch.

Shiffrin just continues to amaze.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    What an amazing race. You had to feel for Zuzulova...you could tell she was rightfully super stoked on her run only to have the carpet pulled out from underneath her by Shiffrin who had some sketchy moments. So exciting to watch.
    You have to assume, though, that every one of these women know that it doesn't matter how good their run is, because it likely won't be good enough.

At this point it seems like Shiffrin has to lose races. No one else can win them if she skis anywhere near her best.

Does anyone have more snow feel than her, ever?
    I don't think so.
    Incredible athlete
    crab in my shoe mouth

Has any racer (male or female) ever won all the races in a particular discipline in a given year? Stenmark, maybe?

Crushed it, just fucking crushed it, makes up a full second through second part of course in the flat, crushed . I love a good night race.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Has any racer (male or female) ever won all the races in a particular discipline in a given year? Stenmark, maybe?
    I think Stenmark swept the GS in 1979 ;

Franz was 5 for 6 in 1975.

Killy was dominant in 1967 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Probably. But she's one win away from tying Janica Kostelic and Vreni Schneider for 8 straight slalom wins. But she has won the last 12 she entered. Her injury last year meant she missed five races

Just watched both runs here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMddIM5fo0k

She seems to just have turbo jets at the bottom of the course, first run too, where she was down .09 and then had a big slip up yet still ended up .09.

Making up a second on that lower portion is pretty much the definition of insane.

Quote Originally Posted by rbtree View Post
    Probably. But she's one win away from tying Janica Kostelic and Vreni Schneider for 8 straight slalom wins. But she has won the last 12 she entered. Her injury last year meant she missed five races
    Consistent wins like that is so much harder in GS and even more so in SL and why most of the WC overall winner are better in speed events. Amazing achievements.
    Quote Originally Posted by b dubya View Post
    Tricks are for hookers