Page 8 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Shiffrin

Margin of over a second. Unreal.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Shiffrin had the fastest time in both runs, winning by 1.09 seconds over Slovakian Veronika Velez Zuzulova. Swiss Wendy Holdener was third.

However, her lead was cut to .07 at a split midway through her second run. She stormed through the final gates to win comfortably.

Shiffrin is now one win shy of the women’s record for consecutive World Cup wins in any discipline. Swiss Vreni Schneider won 12 straight slaloms from 1988-90. Shiffrin can match it in the next slalom Dec. 29 in Semmering, Austria.

Shiffrin has said her streak shouldn’t really count, since she missed five straight slaloms last season due to injury.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Thanks for the summary plugboots. Amazing. Can't wait to watch the footy.

What blows me away most about Mikaela this year is that she scored and 18th and a 13th in DOWNHILL at Lake Louise last week. In her 1st World Cup downhills. On a glider's course. Holy shit! Without injury, I forecast that she will win the overall this year. Didn't know she was even going to ski speed this year. Not like she's been training for it...Good luck Mikaela!

Actually, she's been training hard at the speed events. She's been training very little at the technical events and is mostly relying on her existing skill at those.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Actually, she's been training hard at the speed events. She's been training very little at the technical events and is mostly relying on her existing skill at those.
    Thanks for the beta...looks like her speed training is paying off without sacrificing her tech skills, eh?

She's won the last 11 slaloms she's entered....that's crazy
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    S

However, her lead was cut to .07 at a split midway through her second run. She stormed through the final gates to win comfortably.
    Her MO, she always puts the hammer down on the last 1/3 of the course. She is truly amazing. Her slalom is flawless.

Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    Her MO, she always puts the hammer down on the last 1/3 of the course. She is truly amazing. Her slalom is flawless.
    That is the ridiculous part about this last win. It is one thing to built up a 1+ second margin over two runs. However, to put up all of that time in the last half of a course just by saying to herself, "ok, time to ski fast". .

It makes you realize how she is capable of pulling off a winning margin of over 3 seconds.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Reminds me of Ligety back after the first year of the ski regulation change. He was the only one that had figured out how to make the big 35m GS boards turn. It was obvious in the video and even more obvious in the time. I recall he had a couple huge victory margins (2+ seconds I think)
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Keystone is the new Snowbird

Uncut vid of both runs for anyone who's interested

To say she knifed the bottom half of the second run is probably an understatement...
    Last edited by Bronic; 12-12-2016 at 04:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Keystone is the new Snowbird

Fuck. Picking up a second in 1/2 a run in WC slalom.

Is that 11 slalom wins in a row?

BTW, for those on Facebook, she is one of the best "stars" to like. She posts the info on each race and how to watch it, and for that alone it is worth it. She also seems like a very real down to earth person, and occasionally posts interesting stuff about her training.

Mikaela dominates in her first outright GS win.

BTW, for those on Facebook, she is one of the best "stars" to like. She posts the info on each race and how to watch it, and for that alone it is worth it. She also seems like a very real down to earth person, and occasionally posts interesting stuff about her training.
    She's super real, maybe because she still lives at home in Eagle-Vail. Normal house, normal people. We see her training or at the store or out to eat quite a bit.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Gurl is on fire.

Hope she stays injury free.
    watch out for snakes

She just won the second GS race at Semmering in a snow storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Goniff View Post
    She just won the second GS race at Semmering in a snow storm.
    Great to see. Her previous GS result made it look uncertain she'd be fighting for the podium in GS as well as SL for this season at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by b dubya View Post
    Tricks are for hookers

Crazy! She just crushes...watching the first GS race now.

Great to see Anna Veith back in the action after her knee injury. Also she missed a gate at the end but we have been loving Sofia Goggia this year. Love her style on the hill and she has an Aussie. Fkna!

crazy, wins her first GS of the season (and second ever) and comes back the next day to win her second.

Slalom tomorrow.

She may win the overall....
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Barring injury, she probably will.

crazy, wins her first GS of the season (and second ever) and comes back the next day to win her second.

Slalom tomorrow.
    And she wins that too. 3 wins in 3 days is amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by b dubya View Post
    Tricks are for hookers

Still only 21 years old and already has 25 WC wins. Watch out, Lindsey...

Quote Originally Posted by narc View Post
    And she wins that too. 3 wins in 3 days is amazing.
    am I missing something? Looking at live streaming results, it doesn't look like she has taken her second run. Granted she's in the lead after run 1 and favored to win, but it doesn't look like she has yet.