Page 55 of 106 FirstFirst ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 2647

Thread: Shiffrin

Unbelievable.

And Hirscher clinched his 8th globe as well.

Two golden children for the sport.

Super G globe.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Yeah, I wonder how Weirather would have finished out, she was leading at the split I believe before she DNFed.

Good for Mikaela, now on to the GS globe....

I feel like the big names sports companies are missing out by not making her a premier athlete and promoting her as such. Whether people are skiers or not I think she could have a much bigger fan base than she currently does. She really should be a household name at this point and we should be seeing her on regular tv commercials etc.

For real, she looked great this morning. With the trucker hat and those sick new Oakley sunglasses. She should be way more universally known.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    I feel like the big names sports companies are missing out by not making her a premier athlete and promoting her as such. Whether people are skiers or not I think she could have a much bigger fan base than she currently does. She really should be a household name at this point and we should be seeing her on regular tv commercials etc.
    I never get to Europe anymore but she's gotta be a household name from the Arctic Ocean to the Mediterranean Sea.
    Always amazed that we Yanks idolize sports team standouts to the neglect of individual sport standouts.
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

seems like it will happen before the next olympics

She owns the pasta market.

Barilla, Bose, Oakley, Longines, Visa, Audi, IKON pass, NetJets. That's just off the top of my head from following her IG. Don't know what companies are bigger in those respective industries, but pretty sure she's filthy rich already.

I’m not sure she wants to be the next Vonn or Miller. I think she’s there to win, not to be a face for sport.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Pass Rat View Post
    I’m not sure she wants to be the next Vonn or Miller. I think she’s there to win, not to be a face for sport.

This.

I don't think, at this stage of career, she gives a fuck about publicity and monetizing her image. She's definitely not strapped for cash and she's not near the tail of her career so what benefit does she get out of more commitments that aren't skiing related?

She cares about one thing with regards to her professional life, winning. Showing up for red carpet events, TV interviews, publicity tours, commercial shoots, etc. takes away from training time and personal time. Given that she's probably "home' for no more than 4-8 weeks a year, max, I don't think she'd want to sacrifice a couple of those precious down days to go sit around all day at an event.

She lives At home still. She doesn’t have a car. She hasn’t spent much of any of her winnings. She is certainly in it for the wins.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    She lives At home still. She doesn’t have a car. She hasn’t spent much of any of her winnings. She is certainly in it for the wins.
    She has her own home that has been worked on all winter while on tour, and will be out of her parents house once the ski season is over.
    She has a car, there are 3 new Audi’s in the driveway at her parents house, but ya you don’t need “to own” a car when Audi gives her one for the year she wins a globe.

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    She doesn’t have a car.
    https://www.summitdaily.com/news/loc...as-red-rocket/

2013 - they gave her an Audi. She would have been 17. Even if she doesn't still have that one, I'm sure car companies would fall over themselves to give her another car. I'd give her my car.

The stalker is strong on this page!

Lol

win 16, and 40 in the SL.

Damn. She actually looked like she was skiing on the edge too her second run. Took one off the boob and had to really stay on top of her skis at a few points.

Quote Originally Posted by Tips^Up View Post
    Barilla, Bose, Oakley, Longines, Visa, Audi, IKON pass, NetJets. That's just off the top of my head from following her IG. Don't know what companies are bigger in those respective industries, but pretty sure she's filthy rich already.
    plus just on prize money alone she is the highest paid athlete on the World Cup men or women, hows that for wage disparity?
    Last edited by waxman; 03-16-2019 at 04:59 PM.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    plus just on prize money alone she is the highest paid athlete on the World Cup men or women, hows that for wage disparity?
    $900,000 in prize money is not bad for a seasons work.

12 starts in slalom, 10 firsts and 2 seconds.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Winner winner chicken dinner with the GS globe and win today. 17 wins for the year. New record.

But holy Alice Robinson!!!

2nd at 17!!!

Alice Robinson is so freaking good, watch her on that final pitch, she gets to the new ski so quickly. She refuses to get caught holding on to the old ski. Really impressive skiing.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Alice Robinson is so freaking good, watch her on that final pitch, she gets to the new ski so quickly. She refuses to get caught holding on to the old ski. Really impressive skiing.
    Just took a look at her run and wow, so fluid and quick through the transition.
    Quote Originally Posted by b dubya View Post
    Tricks are for hookers

Quote Originally Posted by nyskirat View Post
    This.

I don't think, at this stage of career, she gives a fuck about publicity and monetizing her image. She's definitely not strapped for cash and she's not near the tail of her career so what benefit does she get out of more commitments that aren't skiing related?

She cares about one thing with regards to her professional life, winning. Showing up for red carpet events, TV interviews, publicity tours, commercial shoots, etc. takes away from training time and personal time. Given that she's probably "home' for no more than 4-8 weeks a year, max, I don't think she'd want to sacrifice a couple of those precious down days to go sit around all day at an event.
    She really does not appear to have any desire to be a mainstream celeb like Vonn or Miller. It is really clear that throughout both their careers they were angling hard for that mainstream celebrity position. I really do think their skiing suffered as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    $900,000 in prize money is not bad for a seasons work.
    not bad for a lifes work
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca