Page 29 of 107 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast

Thread: Shiffrin

She only win by three tenths of a second, she's slipping.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    maybe she hit the pull-up bar too hard.

Or maybe if she wasn’t under the weather and didn’t vomit several times before the race.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Must not be doing enough dolphin turn drills.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Or maybe if she wasn’t under the weather and didn’t vomit several times before the race.
    Easily the weakest part of her game. Isn't there a ski forum for doctors someplace where that could be properly addressed? The internet needs to step up and defend our medal count.

Watching her being followed by the camera guy was painful. She is such a sweetie. Giving her cape to the handicapped girl. Class act. You know there's a lot more to being on the World Cup than just skiing fast and winning. She does it well

Sent from my LGMS330 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

Being Canadian, I find it hard to root for other nation's athletes (child-like, I know) but it's easy to cheer for a winner like this young lady. Class act, and a great role model for all. It'd be cool to see her smoke the field in Korea.

Sent from my XP7700 using TGR Forums mobile app

And another one. By 1.62 I believe

Won every WC race in 2018 so far.

She’s outta control. 2nd woman in history to win the first 4 starts in a year.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Her next big challenge is surviving the NBC pump-and-dump olympic onslaught. They will beat her for ratings like a rented mule.

Quote Originally Posted by nyskirat View Post
    I guess she improved her pull up form.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Even her bindings are RED.

Gep should send her some mag stickers, I will buy.
    watch out for snakes

True dominance from Shriffin and Hirscher.

Hirscher wins again as well, and again by a slim margin. Watching Kristofferson react to Hirscher constantly beating him by the slimmest of margins is telling- 3 in a row by 0.11, 0.17, and 0.16. The first one in Zagreb he was angry and cussing in the leaders chair, both races in Adelboden he through up his hands like WTF do I have to do to beat this guy? Believe Kristofferson has already set a record for most 2nd place finishes in a year.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Her next big challenge is surviving the NBC pump-and-dump olympic onslaught. They will beat her for ratings like a rented mule.
    She will not have a problem. Her parents/agents have a plan for handling this and will tell NBC where to get off, if necessary. NBC will get what they need, Shiffy will get what she needs (probably including two gold medals), and all will continue to be well.

Don't believe in jinxes--I think she ends up w/90+ WC wins, crazy as that might sound.
    [quote][//quote]

Hirscher won too. WC win 51 I believe
    https://www.facebook.com/fisalpine/v...9711216620702/
    watch out for snakes

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-01-07 at 10.22.12 AM.png 
Views:	173 
Size:	825.3 KB 
ID:	220737
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-01-07 at 10.22.12 AM.png 
Views:	173 
Size:	825.3 KB 
ID:	220737
    Dropping her right arm.

his boot canting looked a bit off.

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post

Hirscher wins again as well, and again by a slim margin. Watching Kristofferson react to Hirscher constantly beating him by the slimmest of margins is telling- 3 in a row by 0.11, 0.17, and 0.16. The first one in Zagreb he was angry and cussing in the leaders chair, both races in Adelboden he through up his hands like WTF do I have to do to beat this guy? Believe Kristofferson has already set a record for most 2nd place finishes in a year.
    Seriously. Kristofferson is having a fantastic year, but Hirscher is just making it look ordinary.

You gotta feel for Vhlova, Hansdottar, Holdener, etc. like you do for Kristofferson.

Fantastic skiers, every one of them but just going up against juggernaughts.

I could see a competition between Hirscher and Shiffrin for most wins all time. I know he's older, but he's also a more consistent GS skier.

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post

Poor Henrik. He looks more and more desheartened. Hirscher is a monster. But the gap, if constant, is slim. Henrik may have hope to beat Marcel, to find those tenths of second.
    But to run against Mikaela ? It must be devastating. How can you hope to close the gap when the second best is constantly 2 seconds behind ? She's absolutly crushing her opponents.

Won every WC race in 2018 so far.
    That margin of victory is certainly amazing. Even more amazing is the margin between her and 7th place: 4 full seconds. In an event usually decided by tenths and often hundreds of seconds, a handful of skiers are two seconds behind her, give or take, and everyone else was 4 plus seconds behind. That's insane.

That margin of victory is certainly amazing. Even more amazing is the margin between her and 7th place: 4 full seconds. In an event usually decided by tenths and often hundreds of seconds, a handful of skiers are two seconds behind her, give or take, and everyone else was 4 plus seconds behind. That's insane.
    All that and -
    She doesn't use wax.
    Her edges are dull.
    Her boots don't fit.

I think she's just a natural athlete. It's the only explanation.

I'm tempted to put back up my pull up bar for slay purposes.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    All that and -
    She doesn't use wax.
    Her edges are dull.
    Her boots don't fit.

I think she's just a natural athlete. It's the only explanation.
    occam's razor!

Quote Originally Posted by philippeR View Post
    Poor Henrik. He looks more and more desheartened. Hirscher is a monster. But the gap, if constant, is slim. Henrik may have hope to beat Marcel, to find those tenths of second.
    But to run against Mikaela ? It must be devastating. How can you hope to close the gap when the second best is constantly 2 seconds behind ? She's absolutly crushing her opponents.
    How? Catch her on an off day or unleash two incredible runs are really the only ways to do so.

Vlhova looked like she had figured it out, but it seems like that was ages ago.

I won't count out a few of the GS skiers, but in SL it really is a race for 2nd.