Page 11 of 107 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Shiffrin

That's taking poise to a whole new level. What a bad ass.

She's such a stud.

Very fun to watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    I read that had happened and pulled up some video. The broken gate happened a little over halfway through her second run. It cost her some momentum and time but you could see that she hit a higher gear through the remaining gates since she knew she had to go mach-loony speed to make up the time. I'm not aware of any skiers powering through such a mishap and make it look so routine (I suppose some of Bode's maneuvers back in day come close).

Jesus. Thats crazy. Just when the competition thinks they get a break. She destroyed the bottom section of that course. Just went directly at eaxh gate. So aggressive.

Do FIS rules allow her to pull up and rerun there? I cant remember if ussa considers broken gates from your own run count as obstructions.

I don't think so, another skier, about 10 before MS, skied over a pole that come loose and crashed.

I read that had happened and pulled up some video. The broken gate happened a little over halfway through her second run. It cost her some momentum and time but you could see that she hit a higher gear through the remaining gates since she knew she had to go mach-loony speed to make up the time. I'm not aware of any skiers powering through such a mishap and make it look so routine (I suppose some of Bode's maneuvers back in day come close).

crazy concentration on that second run

Shiffrin in 5th position after the first slalom run in Flachau. 1.38 seconds behind Hansdotter.
    Hansdotter had a huge 1st run .95 ahead of second place.

2nd run is at 2:45ET
    http://www.nbcsports.com/live
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    gracias. after 8000 popups, I am watching live!!!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Fuck, My Dish account doesn't have NBCSports and I'm not about to pay $15 per month extra to go up to the package for this one channel. The site let me watch the first run but now I'm locked out.
    I clicked on that firstrow link above but the number of pop ups and shit to click on to continue sketches me out.

Gonna follow the live timing on the FIS site instead.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.

Fuck, My Dish account doesn't have NBCSports and I'm not about to pay $15 per month extra to go up to the package for this one channel. The site let me watch the first run but now I'm locked out.
    I clicked on that firstrow link above but the number of pop ups and shit to click on to continue sketches me out.

Gonna follow the live timing on the FIS site instead.
    The popups are annoying, but if you are patient, just x them out and the new windows, you will have a decent feed.

As for FIS, you should check out their phone app. It's really quite good.

Holy Fuck.

She crushed her run. Let's see if it is enough.

nope
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

She may not make the podium. The other ladies are skiing well over there tonight.

Edit...
    Holdener can't hold on and drops to third.

Hansdotter has over a second to play with. She is consistent so I doubt she'll fade that much.

nooooooooo!
    skid luxury

Hansdotter killed the upper section and then costed through the bottom to win by just over a half second.

Shiffrin ends up third with the fastest second run.

tied for third. Won the second run, too much time to make up.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    tied for third. Won the second run, too much time to make up.
    Shiffrin's first run seemed like she was playing really safe. She didn't show nearly the charging approach she has been. Usually she does really well under the lights.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    She won two GS events in 2 days.
    Not before this season which was what I wrote (can't nested quote for some reason)
    Quote Originally Posted by b dubya View Post
    Tricks are for hookers

yyeeeessssss
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by narc View Post
    Not before this season which was what I wrote (can't nested quote for some reason)
    She won her first GS in October 2014 in Sölden.

She probably would have won more last year but she got hurt before she got enough chances.

She shared the victory stand with Veith, then Fenninger.. Two years ago, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by rbtree View Post
    She shared the victory stand with Veith, then Fenninger.. Two years ago, I think.
    https://data.fis-ski.com/dynamic/res...5&raceid=78849

Quote Originally Posted by narc View Post
    as has been pointed out, she won a GS 2 seasons ago. This year's wins were not her first in GS.

4th in Cortina's Super G today to fend off Lara Gut for the moment. If she keeps up her progression in the speed events, she'll be unstoppable next year.