Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Ok, lets talk through at length why the Kwicker system will be a flop.

Touring: The Kwicker system requires a stiff boot, which while it might ride ok, is never going to be as stiff/comfortable as a boot/binding. Also, since it IS so stiff compared to a normal boot, it will be shitty when hiking and even skinning. Also, if you ever fall forward, or your skin loses grip and your board slides back you have now disengaged the binding from the board. I know that doesn't happen that often, but if I am touring and something goes wonky, I would much rather bonk my knee than bonk my knee and lose my board.

Weight: While they claim to have significant weight savings, it simply isn't true. With a lightweight boot and spark magnetos or korams, you might not save any weight.

Interface: The interface might seem nice, but as with any vertical interface binding, de-icing will probably be a big issue with these. I haven't used them, its just a concern and observation. A puck binding is easy to de-ice, you slide it back and forth on the puck, done.

Durability: I see a lot of intricate parts, thin parts, and fasteners. Too many things to break. Again, this is just a concern, but I think it will prove to be valid in the next few years.

Why no proprietary system? If they are reinventing the splitboard binding, why use voile pucks?

STARK BOOTS BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE WITH CLICKER BINDINGS

K2 kwicker Stark boots are compatible with clicker bindings.

I tried on the boots, fairly roomy in the toe box, intuition liners. Fairly stiff, not as much forward lean as I would like but pretty comfortable to walk in, I think that was a compromise for tourability

REI didn't know anything, one guy told me that you still needed straps for going downhill, another said they click in points were spread further apart on the Kwicker vs Clicker system, both giving wrong information as opposed to saying they didn't know. Aww well.

Now back to bitching about anything step in....
    Education must be the answer, we've tried ignorance and it doesn't work!

I would give the system a try on a split board but still think I would prefer touring on skis but I have never tried a splitboard.
    Education must be the answer, we've tried ignorance and it doesn't work!

^^^ getting bad info from the grunts at REI.

NO WAY!!!!!

I bought the Clicker system in 96 with my Burton Supermodel 162. Vastly superior over the trad. systems in my opinion. Quicker, better feel, felt like the obvious evolution. I was hard charging Aspen Highlands, Snowmass everyday. Everyday. Hiking the peak, small drops, big air. Never failed, never iced, rock solid. Loved the system. Got flak, but not from the hardcore guys I rode with, they saw that it all worked and honestly forgot about my setup.I find the comments and criticism to be largely false or at least misguided. The clicker system worked very for me in extreme weather and conditions. My setup allowed clicking on the fly off the lift while sitting on Ridgetops and steeps.

Quote Originally Posted by jahshines View Post
    I bought the Clicker system in 96 with my Burton Supermodel 162. Vastly superior over the trad. systems in my opinion. Quicker, better feel, felt like the obvious evolution. I was hard charging Aspen Highlands, Snowmass everyday. Everyday. Hiking the peak, small drops, big air. Never failed, never iced, rock solid. Loved the system. Got flak, but not from the hardcore guys I rode with, they saw that it all worked and honestly forgot about my setup.I find the comments and criticism to be largely false or at least misguided. The clicker system worked very for me in extreme weather and conditions. My setup allowed clicking on the fly off the lift while sitting on Ridgetops and steeps.
    good to hear some positive opinions. Do you think a stiff boot is a compromise while touring?

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    What? Fat kids? Are there a lot of fat snowboard instructors still wearing clickers who are looking for work? I don't get it... But I still stand by my statement that I have never seen a good snowboarder riding clikers, switch, or burton step ins. Real snowboarders know how to opperate a strap binding.
    I rode Clickers for 1/2 a season after winning a pair in the LBS (along with golden duct tape and a Carhartt jacket) and thought they were ok but I've been happily strapping into snowboard binding ever since then. I must be a hack though since you've never witnessed a good snowboarder on Clickers.

I took a Kwicker set up out for a day of touring last year and was pleasantly surprised by the performance but I will be sticking with Karakoram for fun split trips and an AT boot setup for anything that might involve crampons or really long days.
    The binding-puck interface is fast but could be easily improved, hopefully in a second generation. There really isn't anything about the system that would prevent K2 from putting a heel cup and highback on the binding and still use either the cleats or straps and have a great option. Transition times really were faster than anything with a pin but I haven't had a chance to play with Magnetos to see how they compare, I'm guessing it's pretty close. I don't get the hype over getting to transition without taking off the binding, I'm ok with the extra 15 seconds to crank my straps down.
    The board that I rode was an UltraDream and that was incredibly fun. I wanted to keep it and should have asked to.