Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Dey dont sweep the chairs too much on pow days round here, so I'll turn around and slap the shit outta the chair with both pole grips just before the chair gets to us. Works 6.9% of the time to clear the chair of that nasty powder. Then poles under either leg, baskets out.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Fall Line Will Set You Free

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I don't care which side you put them on, as long as the butt cheek they're under isn't mine.
    This sounds like a really fun prank to work on next season. Thx!

#lifegoals

Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    Jeez, you guys are living in the dark ages. There’s a technological answer to this question that doesn’t involve the risk of a pole wedgy

Attachment 324960Attachment 324961
    BURN those grips dude !!!!!. I have an UCL break because of them . I was at hunter years ago and conditions were firm/icy on the West side . I was going at a pretty good clip and reached out to plant a pole . It didn't come out as I slid into it ! The pole went into my stomach and over the top I went . The cap on the top of the grip trapped my thumb and "Snap" .....Surgery @#$%^

The similar older pole grips don't have caps on and I'm sure if I was using them my thumb would have slipped out.

ps K2 712's ? I have a pair of 195's for retro days
    "It's only steep if you're backseat"

Trying to get someone to ditch the thumb breakers is like trying to get a telemarker to lock the heel.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Trying to get someone to ditch the thumb breakers is like trying to get a telemarker to lock the heel.
    Take it easy. For the record, they came with the skinny skis when I got them at a garage sale and occasionally bring them out as a joke (the poles, not the skis. They rock). I could never commit to poles that have a right and a left. The recommendation of them as a solution to this very important question (which butt cheek) was 100% joke

Just make sure you don't engage the pole tips with the snow until the lift bar is up and your poles are all clear of your precious zone.
    A few years ago, a dude in front of us almost had to get a pole extracted from his regions after fumbling the whole free-the-pole-and-dismount routine. The entire chair lurched forward when it happened, almost throwing him head-first after lifting him up violently.

I've got one buddy who has gone full on skimo. He came to the resort for a day last year and forgot about the poles and totally rode his nuts around the bull wheel! Serves him right.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Fall Line Will Set You Free

Which testicle is larger? Pole goes next to the smaller kne

boy I think under my right leg most of the time, but often it depends on the chair, outside hand on a riblet that's for sure. Wait maybe my left usually. I often move them to my right because it's a bit harder for me to grab my ski on my left foot to do some chairlift stretches.
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

the other question (if it hasn't been asked already) is pole baskets toward the rear? or pole grips toward the rear?

personally I'm a pole grips in back, under left cheek guy.

I’ve got to think that the baskets back people place the poles before they sit down, no? I sit and then slide the poles under the thigh, before I perform the crack shift. I sure as heck don’t wanna be shoving my pole tips/baskets anywhere near my junk while seated. Talk about your recipes for disaster!

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    Which testicle is larger? Pole goes next to the smaller kne
    LOL

who cares...ha

Usually my right cheek but lately I’ve been thinking the next time someone drops the bar without a warning; I might have to place them between their cheeks!

big right cheek guy over here. Although if it is a big day I will switch it up. Avoid offsetting my hips

Left

I feel like the grips facing out forward is the ski racer way. This is my observation from standing at the bottom of a quad for a couple seasons. I go baskets towards the front despite ski racing for a while.