Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Best Vacuum for the money. Gonna buy one ASAP

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Shark

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Two Australian shepherd houshold. We also have a Shark vacuum, 10 years on its still going thought its probably time replace. We'll be getting another one.

Person asking. Listen up. You can get a 12 AMP bissell from WalMart for south of $50. does it work as good as a shark? no. Is it $450 worth of difference/ hell no.

If yo get two years out of it and buy antoher, you'll come out way, way ahead. or don't. They're called sharks for a reason.
    "Can't you see..."

I don't have any carpet, the place isnt very big and there is no mrs XXX to complain so I use a mastercraft shop vac which was maybe 50$ on sale, seems to work fine

probably the best thing people could do for themselves and their health is get rid of W2W carpet cuz the shit that hides in a carpet is pretty nasty
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I don't have any carpet, the place isnt very big and there is no mrs XXX to complain so I use a mastercraft shop vac which was maybe 50$ on sale, seems to work fine

probably the best thing people could do for themselves and their health is get rid of W2W carpet cuz the shit that hides in a carpet is pretty nasty
    This is sage advice.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

We just got a new vacuum, apparently our old one was awful because the amount of crap that this new one is pulling out of the carpet we thought was clean is absolutely disgusting.

(We got a Shark and it is awesome so far)

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    I have had a Dyson "Animal" canister vacuum for years and think it is the best vacuum I have ever used. Lots of hair to pick up in my house.
    I’ve had a DC07 for 15 years. My ex is English and her parents had and loved the first-gen Dyson, so we bought this shortly after they showed up in the States. I was tired of buying $200 vacuums every couple of years. I’ve gotten my money’s worth out of this one. I replaced the hose last month, and that’s been the only issue.

I’ll get a robot vacuum in the next year or so, just to keep up with the background pet hair.

Quote Originally Posted by evasive_MT View Post
    I’ve had a DC07 for 15 years. My ex is English and her parents had and loved the first-gen Dyson, so we bought this shortly after they showed up in the States. I was tired of buying $200 vacuums every couple of years. I’ve gotten my money’s worth out of this one. I replaced the hose last month, and that’s been the only issue.

I’ll get a robot vacuum in the next year or so, just to keep up with the background pet hair.
    had a dyson....wasnt more than 5 years old....bought a shark vacuumed carpets first with dyson, then shark. Shark picked up a ton the dyson left behind.

Dyson is marketing bullshit. You pay for high R&D for products and can find better alternatives for cheaper. Dyson is like the Apple of the vacuum world. They look cool, people think you're cool cause you have one. I would venture to say that every dyson owner probably has at least 1 apple product.

6 1/2 year-old vacuum non-bump answer.
    what the fuck
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by JaytaeMoney View Post
    We just got a new vacuum, apparently our old one was awful because the amount of crap that this new one is pulling out of the carpet we thought was clean is absolutely disgusting.)
    yeah so if you have ever pulled up old W2W carpet you will find dirt that made it thru the carpet and the underlay ... get rid of the fucking w2w

50-60 yars ago houses had real HW floors but no carpets and people like my mother wanted to cover real floors with carpet, sometimes during renos shitty lino gets pulled up to find real HW with no knots ...WTF
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I want to know what vac commonlaw the op finally got and whether it still works 6 years later!

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    I want to know what vac commonlaw the op finally got and whether it still works 6 years later!
    Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    This is EXACTLY why I went Dyson.

And it hasn't come up yet, but I also have a Roomba with the pet hair upgrade. Didnt think it would be as amazing as it is. It has no problem switching surfaces, including from hardwood to a very tall floor rug, it is easily programmable, it docks itself and recharges itself, the damn thing tells me when I need to clean it, and it comes with cool lasers that prevent it from entering certain rooms or hitting stairs, if you want that.

The name change might have confused you. And I guess we still need a report as to whether the Dyson still works.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

We bought a Miele Classic C1 a few years ago; for our small house it's been great. Made in germany, good warranty, $300 and 1200 watts. First time w/ a canister vac, but we really like it. Nice and quiet, easy to use and great for blinds, fans, etc too. 2 dog househould, no w2w carpet.

We some robot that vacuums everyday. Its fucking awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by crashtestdummy View Post
    I've had a Dyson Ball for 6 to 8 years. I also have 2 dogs and a cat. The only part I've replaced on my Dyson is the beater brush. The vac gets used weekly and works great. We have an outdoor garbage can so emptying the canister is painless and dustless. I also have their cordless model and it has also held up great. When the vacs get really dirty, I pull them all the way apart and flush everything but the electrics with water, makes them like new.
    7 years later and the Dyson is still in use, but probably could use a replacement. I would buy another one. My wife doesn’t like the ball feature because it is hard on her mostly destroyed wrists.

My wife doesn’t like the ball feature because it is hard on her mostly destroyed wrists.
    you should get her to use her mouth more.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I've had a Dyson Ball for 6 to 8 years. I also have 2 dogs and a cat. The only part I've replaced on my Dyson is the beater brush. The vac gets used weekly and works great. We have an outdoor garbage can so emptying the canister is painless and dustless. I also have their cordless model and it has also held up great. When the vacs get really dirty, I pull them all the way apart and flush everything but the electrics with water, makes them like new.
    Someone threw out a Dyson Ball. We took it home and the only thing missing was one of the covers on a ball end.
    Cleaned it out. tried it out. Then threw out our $140 Costco vacuum that was 2 years old.
    The only problem with the Dyson Ball is that the extension hose kinks really bad at most angles. Can be prevented by using both hands on the hose to reduce the angle. We called Dyson. They won't ship us a ball cover because we don't have a receipt. Doesn't matter though - works with or without said ball cover.

Quote Originally Posted by ICantLogIn View Post
    We some robot that vacuums everyday. Its fucking awesome.
    Did the robot also make this post.
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    had a dyson....wasnt more than 5 years old....bought a shark vacuumed carpets first with dyson, then shark. Shark picked up a ton the dyson left behind.

Dyson is marketing bullshit. You pay for high R&D for products and can find better alternatives for cheaper. Dyson is like the Apple of the vacuum world. They look cool, people think you're cool cause you have one. I would venture to say that every dyson owner probably has at least 1 apple product.
    I’ve gotten over 15 years out of mine so far, and don’t see a reason to replace it anytime soon.

If anyone’s thought I’m cool because of my vacuum cleaner, I haven’t heard it. Maybe I should keep it out in the living room instead of the in closet.

Quote Originally Posted by evasive_MT View Post
    I’ve gotten over 15 years out of mine so far, and don’t see a reason to replace it anytime soon.

If anyone’s thought I’m cool because of my vacuum cleaner, I haven’t heard it. Maybe I should keep it out in the living room instead of the in closet.
    I'm not saying mine died I'm saying that it's a piece of shit. Shark has better suction and cleans deeper. Same bagless etc....

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

We had a couple Dyson. The last one I bought at Costco. After loosing suction about 7months in- I went to return it. Chatted with the CS returns rep at Costco and she said plenty Dyson come back and that Sharks are basically problem free as far as she’s concerned. She had one and thought it was better. That’s when we bought a Shark and have been super happy. Like write a review happy.

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    Someone threw out a Dyson Ball. We took it home and the only thing missing was one of the covers on a ball end.
    Cleaned it out. tried it out. Then threw out our $140 Costco vacuum that was 2 years old.
    The only problem with the Dyson Ball is that the extension hose kinks really bad at most angles. Can be prevented by using both hands on the hose to reduce the angle. We called Dyson. They won't ship us a ball cover because we don't have a receipt. Doesn't matter though - works with or without said ball cover.
    Cover your dam balls PG!!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

7 years later and the Miele is like new. Still not sure about canister vacs, but the old man got a Miele upright cause like Skidog said, people get crazy vacuum jealous and he had to have one. Works great, but heavy AF. HEPA filter for the win. Bagless still sucks.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

I prefer to shop chicks around and find one who is damn good at operating a vacumm I then ask her if she wants to move in and if she is any good with a toilet cleaning but she can't move in without showing up with her own vac

Our Dyson is like 15 years old. Take it apart and clean it once a year. Thing rocks. We also have a wall mount rechargeable one. We use it all the time. It's great. I wish the bin was a little bigger, but it's great. Dyson is the shit.

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    Our Dyson is like 15 years old. Take it apart and clean it once a year. Thing rocks. We also have a wall mount rechargeable one. We use it all the time. It's great. I wish the bin was a little bigger, but it's great. Dyson is the shit.

sent from Utah.
    Again shark makes a sweet battery operated model and when I put it head to head with the much more expensive dyson counterpart, Shark WON again......