Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Burning a car for fun?

I have an old volvo that was totaled by hurricane Irene last year. I have already received the insurance money on it but I still have the car. I could sell it for scrap, but that's no fun. I'm thinking I would like to burn it.

Google wasn't much help, go figure. I did learn that any type of shock could become a projectile if burned due to expanding gases. I will take off the tires to keep this a "green" car burning.

This will happen on my property out in hicksville.

Not really into calling anybody to ask for permission
    me "dear fireman, can I burn a car?"

fireman "no"

Any suggestions? warnings? experiences?

pollution sucks

Burning a car is fun, but I wouldn't recommend doing it on your own property.

extra room at your place jer?

If you were an auto race fan during the 70s, the answer would be obvious. The Bog, at Watkins Glen, during race weekend.

http://www.glenphotos.com/bog/index.html

I would haul it in for $200-$400 in scrap.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    We can tell you think you're awesome- it's pretty obvious. I love it when you try to convince us all too, It's like a tripped out Willy Wonka boat trip across the galaxy of fail you call an existence and it is indeed awesome to watch. I mean, your fail is so dense it has become a "black hole of fail" that has a gravitational pull strong enough to attract the fail of others, hence the "dating sucks" thread scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    If you were an auto race fan during the 70s, the answer would be obvious. The Bog, at Watkins Glen, during race weekend.

Or the snake pit at Indy till around 1990.

Build a bonfire, drive the car and park it on top. Fill the car with fireworks first, maybe a few jugs of gas in the trunk.

Film it and post.

Please.

Kied is offline Inconsiderate Tree Killer
    Do the world a favor and make sure you're in it when you set it on fire.

Up in AK, we took a medium propane tank and shot it with a high caliber rifle after about 231 beers. It did not disappoint--it almost killed my friend.

I recommend taking said tank, putting it in the car and repeating. Make sure you have some cover to hide behind--Trust me, that tank's not going to stay put.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Quote Originally Posted by Kied View Post
    Do the world a favor and make sure you're in it when you set it on fire.
    Tonight I will raise a glass and toast to the powers that be that you are skullfucked by a gang of rabid grizzly bears wearing red-hot iron strap-on dildos

or in layman's terms - Fuck. You.

To the others, thanks for playing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Up in AK, we took a medium propane tank and shot it with a high caliber rifle after about 231 beers. It did not disappoint--it almost killed my friend.

I recommend taking said tank, putting it in the car and repeating. Make sure you have some cover to hide behind--Trust me, that tank's not going to stay put.
    Please tell me there is video evidence?

burn it then sell it for scrap!

Tannerite.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Build a monster truck, and then drive back and forth over your old volvo.

Hugh Conway Guest
    cars aren't that exiting to watch burn. nasty smoke from the interior. sell it for scrap, use the money to buy something interesting.

Very much fun. This particular burn was a Mercury Topaz of an early 90's vintage. It did quite well, including a rather large cliff jump prior to the burn. 30-06 to the gas tank started things off rather slowly, but momentum built (as beer intake & other random pot shots in the cars general direction) and what followed was a rather spectacular back to front total complete burn.

Life is simple. Go Explore.

Burning it is bad for the environment. I blew one up with dynamite once, that was fun. Perhaps you can get some dynamite, blow it up (with video), then sell it for scrap? Win wIn.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

gorgeous idea

Drill the bumper shocks and shocks, fill the gas tank with water (no vapors to explode) and fly at it. removing the tires will be a waste of your energy for the amount of pollution it will reduce. Black toxic smoke will pour from that fucker like mad regardless of tires or not. Have a back hoe handy to bury the carcass to complete the life cycle of the remaining metal and toxic shit that didn't burn.
    You are what you eat.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    There's no such thing as bad snow, just shitty skiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post

Some of the all time best parties I ever went to. That Greyhound bus going up was a sight. Night time was the right time.

OP - Some mud running gear heads 1/4 mile up the road from me burned a truck in their own personal bog last summer. I don't know what "blew up" but it shook my house and tossed up black smoke you could see for miles. FD showed up pretty quick as the fire house was only 600 yards away but you may want to plan for that.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

tell your insurance company that you fixed it all up and then it caught fire, collect $$$ and salvage title, rinse and repeat until you never have to work a day in your life again!
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

I almost burned my moped when I was in Vietnam. I still wish I had.

I say burn the car. With explosives.

Kied is offline Inconsiderate Tree Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by papapoopski View Post
    Tonight I will raise a glass and toast to the powers that be that you are skullfucked by a gang of rabid grizzly bears wearing red-hot iron strap-on dildos

or in layman's terms - Fuck. You.

To the others, thanks for playing.
    That's rich you jong cunt. Sorry I'm no fucking tree hugger, but I don't intentionally try and fuck up the environment. You're a douche. Green by taking off the tires? Very noble of you, I'm sure everything else is perfectly harmless. Eat dicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kied View Post
    That's rich you jong cunt. Sorry I'm no fucking tree hugger, but I don't intentionally try and fuck up the environment. You're a douche. Green by taking off the tires? Very noble of you, I'm sure everything else is perfectly harmless. Eat dicks.
    save the enviro-anger for something that's actually likely to happen like the squaw village expansion, or the Northstarification of the rest of the basin...
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...