Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    couple shots of kevino from our outing to colchuck on xmas eve

feeling small

after switching off trail breaking duties for the previous 7 hours, kevin pulled the man card and broke trail for the last hour and a half up the glacier

ski action

stoked!

thanks for the cascade intro and have fun in canada you son'ofabitch!

bump for canada stoke coming soon

Sick shots man. I have an LX-5. Great camera.

You go to Gonzaga? Liking the team this year (except when they play SCU on Saturday).
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

I thought colleges ran on semesters, not quarters?

Nice stoke!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    It's the same argument for prostitution. There's a lot of people in this world who won't be getting laid unless they pay big bucks or fuck an artificial life form. No amount of consolation, pity or comiserating is going to change that reality.
    Slaughter is the best medicine.

Just got back from 5 days, 4 nights at keith's hut outside of Pemberton, BC. Quite the area! Really great experience with some good people. Good weather and snow conditions helps too.

Some skiing related highlights: aussie coulouir on joffre, NE and SW faces of vantage peak, and north face of slalock.

Non-skiing related highlights: champagne in a can, spooning with 20 of my closest friends in the hut's loft (aka the shitshow that is a public hut), etc.

Enough text, PICTURES:

Dreamy pow to warm up the legs

booting up the aussie

ripping the upper

Juya straight lining the exit!

Not too shabby of a line

Megan stoked!

Sunrise of Joffre

Uh yeah, that should keep up busy for a while

Sunshine + powder!

Sunrise on the anniversy glacier

Exposed boot pack and skin up the ridge on slalock

Juya ripping up the upper face

Megan enjoying the start of a 3000'+ descent

Dave opening up on the lower apron

Megan and Juya celebrating - the run starts off the summit in the upper right corner, through the cliffs on the skiers left - awesome

Back up we go

Now back to school. Hope y'all enjoyed the show.

winning!

really impressive stuff kevino and krew

A sweet sequence of shots of me on the upper north face of slalock (photo by Juya Ghanaie)

Thanks for the stoke. I wanna tour with YOU!
    ...but hey, it's free advice on the internet, right? -Mustonen

You the man Kevin! Lining up a pretty sick winter and it's only the beginning!

Thanks all, it sure has been a fun last couple of weeks. Kyle, I'm back in Spokane so lets ski some more.

Fortune Cookie, name the time and place and lets go skiing.

spook Guest
    probably a stupid question, but in the ninth photo in your original post i think one of you is skiing with what looks to be a small slide to your right. is that something that would be considered indicative of potential hazards where you were? lots of great shots.

Noice!

"The idea wasnt for me, that I would be the only one that would ever do this. My idea was that everybody should be doing this. At the time nobody was, but this was something thats too much fun to pass up." -Briggs
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Wear your climbing harness. Attach a big anodized locker to your belay loop so its in prime position to hit your nuts. Double russian Ti icescrews on your side loops positioned for maximal anal rape when you sit down. Then everyone will know your radness
    More stoke, less shit.

Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    probably a stupid question, but in the ninth photo in your original post i think one of you is skiing with what looks to be a small slide to your right. is that something that would be considered indicative of potential hazards where you were? lots of great shots.
    If I'm looking at the same photo you are, that color difference is actually a cloud bank rolling in and filtering sun light. That was kind of the story of the day - clearing on the up, cloudy on the down.

Nice! That's a lot of good lines you guys hit up there.
    And the Keith's hut can be a sweaty damp place sometimes... but that happens when the approach is that quick.

love the exposure/scale in a lot of the pics. Really shows how burly the Cascades are. nice work

speaking of the hut, if anyone goes up there i left a pair of flylow leather gloves, size medium. So help yourself!

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kevino View Post

this is the one i was talking about

That's called a light sluff
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

Quote Originally Posted by kevino View Post
    haha Zak one of these days you'll WANT to do a 12 hour sufferthon!
    Oh, I'm always game for a 12-hour sufferthon (once the boot issues are sorted out). Only problem is you'll be miles ahead when the 12 hours are up...

Gonna work on the fitness and maybe we'll do something gnarly when you're on spring break.

Glad that Canadia trip worked out well for ya. Thanks for bringing the stoke!
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Quote Originally Posted by Zeedashbo View Post
    That's called a light sluff
    This.

Zak, I actually found out about another area up there to explore for a local, so let me know when you're game. And PM me your email when you get a chance.
    Last edited by kevino; 01-04-2013 at 09:08 AM.