Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Mayan Apocalypse: Panic Spreads., TGR .official countdown begins, flame away.

Holy frightening headlines to generate hits, you whores.

Mayan apocalypse: panic spreads as December 21 nears.....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-21-nears.html

Ahead of December 21, which marks the conclusion of the 5,125-year "Long Count" Mayan calendar, panic buying of candles and essentials has been reported in China and Russia, along with an explosion in sales of survival shelters in America. In France believers were preparing to converge on a mountain where they believe aliens will rescue them.
    The precise manner of Armageddon remains vague, ranging from a catastrophic celestial collision between Earth and the mythical planet Nibiru, also known as Planet X, a disastrous crash with a comet, or the annihilation of civilisation by a giant solar storm.
    In America Ron Hubbard, a manufacturer of hi-tech underground survival shelters, has seen his business explode.
    "We've gone from one a month to one a day," he said. "I don't have an opinion on the Mayan calendar but, when astrophysicists come to me, buy my shelters and tell me to be prepared for solar flares, radiation, EMPs (electromagnetic pulses) ... I'm going underground on the 19th and coming out on the 23rd. It's just in case anybody's right."
    In the French Pyrenees the mayor of Bugarach, population 179, has attempted to prevent pandemonium by banning UFO watchers and light aircraft from the flat topped mount Pic de Bugarach.
    Related Articles
    US officials attend 'zombie apocalypse' conference 07 Dec 2012
    China fears end of the world is nigh 07 Dec 2012
    Russians stockpile ahead of 'apocalypse' 07 Dec 2012
    The world may not end soon predicts newly found Mayan calendar 11 May 2012
    Doomsday French mountain to be closed 'on day the world ends' 03 Dec 2012
    The end of the world not happening - for now says expert 01 Dec 2011
    According to New Age lore it as an "alien garage" where extraterrestrials are waiting to abandon Earth, taking a lucky few humans with them.
    Russia saw people in Omutninsk, in Kirov region, rushing to buy kerosene and supplies after a newspaper article, supposedly written by a Tibetan monk, confirmed the end of the world.
    The city of Novokuznetsk faced a run on salt. In Barnaul, close to the Altai Mountains, panic-buyers snapped up all the torches and Thermos flasks.
    Dmitry Medvedev, the Russian prime minister, even addressed the situation.
    "I don't believe in the end of the world," before adding somewhat disconcertingly: "At least, not this year."
    In China, which has no history of preoccupation with the end of the world, a wave of paranoia about the apocalypse can be traced to the 2009 Hollywood blockbuster "2012".
    The film, starring John Cusack, was a smash hit in China, as viewers were seduced by a plot that saw the Chinese military building arks to save humanity.
    Some in China are taking the prospect of Armageddon seriously with panic buying of candles reported in Sichuan province.
    The source of the panic was traced to a post on Sina Weibo, China's version of Twitter, predicting that there will be three days of darkness when the apocalypse arrives.
    One grocery store owner said: "At first, we had no idea why. But then we heard someone muttering about the continuous darkness."
    Shanghai police said scam artists had been convincing pensioners to hand over savings in a last act of charity.
    Meanwhile in Mexico, where the ancient Mayan civilisation flourished, the end time has been seen as an opportunity. The country has organised hundreds of Maya-themed events, and tourism is expected to have doubled this year.
    Nasa has been aggressively seeking to dispel doomsday fears. It says there is no evidence Nibiru exists, and rumours it could be hiding behind the sun are unfounded.
    "It can't hide behind the sun forever, and we would've seen it years ago," a Nasa scientist said.
    The space agency also rejected apocalyptic theories about unusual alignments of the planets, or that the Earth's magnetic poles could suddenly "flip."
    Conspiracy theorists contend that the space agency is involved in an elaborate cover up to prevent panic.
    But David Morrison, an astronomer at Nasa, said: "At least once a week I get a message from a young person, as young as 11, who says they are ill and/or contemplating suicide because of the coming doomsday. I think it's evil for people to propagate rumours on the internet to frighten children."
    Mayans themselves reject any notion that the world will end. Pedro Celestino Yac Noj, a Mayan sage, burned seeds and fruits to mark the end of the old calender at a ceremony in Cuba. He said: "The 21st is for giving thanks and gratitude and the 22nd welcomes the new cycle, a new dawn."
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

If anyone has some really tight shit they want to get rid of for cheap, I'm your Huckleberry.

Besides the retardedness of an Ancient Civilization that was blissfully unaware of anything existing globally outside of the Americas being able to predict some kind of global cataclysm -- didn't they not have Leap Years and thus this should have happened like 2 years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Besides the retardedness of an Ancient Civilization that was blissfully unaware of anything existing globally outside of the Americas being able to predict some kind of global cataclysm -- didn't they not have Leap Years and thus this should have happened like 2 years ago?

Leap year, I think I read that fact a few years ago.

If anyone thinks this is isolated stupidity, the Telegraph linked to this Gem of a headline;

'Zombie apocalypse': US taxpayers pay for officials to attend conference at luxury spa
    The US government spent thousands of dollars sending officials to a conference at a luxury spa where they watched a simulation of commandos fighting off a "zombie apocalypse".

ha!
    Terje was right.

Never mind that leap year logic, folks. Unload your stocks, cash, gold and other useless possessions to the Reverend in exchange for things like guns, rice and antibiotics. PM Rontele for details but I've got some good stuff you will need.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

That lady last week that left an equivalent of $500,000 in cash on the bus that got returned by the bus-driver....she had just before cashed im her whole bank account.

I don't believe the proximity to the oft iterated 'end of world' nonsense was coincidental.

--
    "The reason death sticks so closely to life isn't biological necessity - it's envy. Life is so beautiful that death has fallen in love with it; a jealous, possesive love that grabs at what it can." by Yann Martel from Life of Pi

Posted by DJSapp:
    "Squirrels are rats with good PR."

So wadyawannado?
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by DasBlunt View Post
    In America Ron Hubbard, a manufacturer of hi-tech underground survival shelters, has seen his business explode.
    "We've gone from one a month to one a day," he said. "I don't have an opinion on the Mayan calendar but, when astrophysicists come to me, buy my shelters and tell me to be prepared for solar flares, radiation, EMPs (electromagnetic pulses) ... I'm going underground on the 19th and coming out on the 23rd. It's just in case anybody's right."
    Mayans predicted the second coming of XENU!!!!

I watched Apocalypto last night. it was pretty good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Mayans, huh? Too bad they didn't predict the Spanish coming...
    Gimme five, I'm still alive!
    Ain't no luck, I learned to duck!

It is the second coming of the Great Prophet Zarquan. Get ready bitches.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by DasBlunt View Post
    Holy frightening headlines to generate hits, you whores.

Mayan apocalypse: panic spreads as December 21 nears.....
    Jer is hoarding buttplugs and vaseline
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quetzalcoatl Quetzalcoatl Quetzalcoatl Quetzalcoatl Quetzalcoatl Quetzalcoatl Quetzalcoatl Quetzalcoatl Quetzalcoatl Quetzalcoatl Quetzalcoatl Quetzalcoatl
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

The U.S. government has released an official statement saying they have looked into every possibility of our impending doom, and via nasa have proclaimed there is no way that the world is going to end this month.

http://blog.usa.gov/post/37121041300...-2012-are-just
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

Looks like the Mayan astronomers were off by a few million miles.

Asteroid named Toutatis will fly by Earth in the next few days
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    If anyone has some really tight shit they want to get rid of for cheap, I'm your Huckleberry.
    This, specifically anything DPS and Dynafit, hit me with a PM, I'm happy to lighten the load for you (some more).

I will trade you some Vert ST binders for an M16A4 and 5000 rounds of ammo.
    watch out for snakes

So I'm not gonna have to work 4 12's this week? I guess that's a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
    I will trade you some Vert ST binders for an M16A4 and 5000 rounds of ammo.
    Wait what?
    Are we talking global cataclysm or zombie apocalypse?

I too think of mtngirl's dressing down of DasCunt every time he posts.
    Fucking creeper.
    Don't you have some bros to get fired because you didn't like the way they dealt with something that didn't involve you?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Terje was right.

Quote Originally Posted by AlpenChronicHabitual View Post
    Wait what?
    Are we talking global cataclysm or zombie apocalypse?
    Slow moving hoards bunched together...wouldn't a shot gun be a better weapon?
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    I watched Apocalypto last night. it was pretty good.

My favorite part is when Jaguar Paw throws that wasp nest at those fags.

is the dudes name really ron hubbard?
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care