Thread: Duck Dynasty

Duck Dynasty

Of all the fake reality shows, this is my favorite. Totally scripted, and totally wacked, but you get the feeling that they write the episodes, and not some A&E writer.

Has this caught on everywhere, or is it a southern thing?

Surprisingly, I would say that 6 or 7 out of 10 people I hear talking about the show are women.

Rich redneck hijinx. Season one was better since two is a bit over the top with the scripting.

I don't care if it's fake. It's funny and it doesn't need a laugh track to tell you when the jokes are.

Makes me happy happy happy.
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

I think that their embracing the "fake" is what makes it so good. You can tell they script it though.
    Imagine all the fun shit you could do with that kind of budget.

I think someone needs to start a biking or skiing show like this.

Building a fighting force of extra-ordinary magnitude
    reality tv shows ARE stupid but this one at least isn't a bunch of fake plastic surgery nightmare bitches screeching at eachother and pretending to be "friends".

At least the Duck Dynasty folks actually truly care about each other and have fun with their money while embracing and staying (somewhat) true (big houses and fancy cars not with-standing) to their redneck roots. They still enjoying fishing and hunting and growing burly fuckin beards and causing redneck style hijinks.

Good show, though scripted but whatever, good show.
    thats new hampshire as fuck

We ain't eager to be legal, so please leave me with the keys to your Jeep Eagle.

Big houses, big trucks, lots of toys, hot wives, big guns, etc., are all major staples of what it means to be a redneck today. At least down here. Oh, big boats with trip 300's are pretty big staples here too.

Are duck call things really that big of a business? I don't understand this, I mean it seems more credible that they would make a fortune selling kazoo's or something.