Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Revelstoke Lodging

I'm going to be in Revelstoke for a week in early February and looking for suggestions on where to stay. I'll be with one other dude and we'd like to stay somewhere cheap. Suggestions? Experience?

Down the valley a bit further on the good side of the 49th
    Revelstoke Lodge is decent and about the standard price ($90)/night for two. Swiss Chalet or something like that is nice, clean small rooms and a decent breakfast for the same price. There is a Samesun Hostel there but have no idea on it. Haven't had much luck with B&Bs. Found them pricey and not that good at returning calls and such. DO NOT stay at the Gateway. It is a grim place, filthy, housekeepers smoke and they don't offer what they advertise on their website.
    It's not so much the model year, it's the high mileage or meterage to keep the youth of Canada happy

We did the hotel chain by the gas station near the access road to the resort. Can't remember name but next to yellow gas mart and was clean with breakfast 90 pp pd with lift
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

I've stayed in a few Samesun Hostels, but not the Revy one. I found them to be universally filthy, noisy, party zones that are poorly managed - Good if you want to party, but bad if you want to ski. But maybe the one in Revelstoke is different. I'm pretty sure I stayed in Revelstoke Lodge the last time I was there (years ago now), and liked it.
    Quote Originally Posted by StuntCok View Post
    Splat did tell me he liked his pussy like he liked his ski boots. I guess he meant dank, stinky and a bit packed out.

I agree with Shaggy.

I have stayed at the Samesun in Revy, and there was only 1 usable bathroom in the basement for about 15 beds and the kitchen was pretty basic.

I'd recommend a chain motel that includes breakfast like what Whyturn suggests. There's a few to choose from.
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Poppi's guesthouse is great. Its a hostel, but all the rooms are private. If you want a hotel room, the sandman has the cheapest ski and stay packages in town.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using TGR Forums

Revy has been on my short list for a while... Anything of note that is not listed on their site? Anything other than Samesun to avoid?

Don't go out of bounds on side of The resort. Plenty of in bounds pow
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    Don't go out of bounds on side of The resort. Plenty of in bounds pow
    just curiuos why not ....side of resort is full of fun stuff if you know where your going.....revy is awesome but if you do go out back of the resort be sure to know what and where your going....lots of lines end up in drainages that could be a bitch......last time i was there ..four days after their grand opening... a group was missing in the bc ...good luck with your sleeping arrrangments... i belive in cheap cheap cheap and 90 per night is cheap with a lift tick
    always forward but never straight

It's not the cheapest @ $159, but the new Best Western Plus is really nice. Two hot tubs,pool, free hot breakfast and best of all, a free downtown drunk shuttle.

+1 for Swiss Chalet. Stayed there last February for exactly a week. Clean for sure, simple but adequate breakfast (get there when it opens, it fills up fast). Also, if you don't have a vehicle the town shuttle stops right next door. We rode it every day up to the mountain. Also, not too long of a walk (10 mins max) to downtown at night.

Jealous you're heading there!

+1 for Poopi's Check out http://seerevelstoke.com/ for more info on lots of options. Stay downtown if you want to go out or have a drink at all, the cops here are brutal and love impounding rental cars.

The hostel is your cheapest option, but could wear on one with a weeks worth of stay, but for cooking and crashing also has two computers, its ok for the soldier in us all. Coupled with two dollars at the municipal swim pool you get the hot tub, and a great shower, plus the local chicas who love to swim. Parking downtown after the sun sets can be a true trial.

Lots of good advice. Thanks. We are going for for an avalanche course, so the ski/stay deals won't pan out quite as well for us. I'm also not sure where the course is taught, but I'd like to be close. Anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by Your mom's a snowblader View Post
    +1 for Poopi's Check out http://seerevelstoke.com/ for more info on lots of options. Stay downtown if you want to go out or have a drink at all, the cops here are brutal and love impounding rental cars.
    Thanks for throwing that link up here, looks some great stay and ski deals.

Haven't seen this thread since last year. We ended up staying at the Monashee Lodge. They gave us a decent rate on their downstairs kitchenette. Pretty small and basic room with two full or queen size beds and a small kitchen. It was nice to bring our own food and cook and it saved us a bunch of money overall. They have a hot tub in the main building (but limited hours) and wireless internet. I might book something different if I was only going to be in Revelstoke for a night or two, but I thought the Monashee Lodge was awesome for our week plus stay.
    http://www.monasheelodgerevelstoke.com/
    Originally Posted by nickwm21
    "hitting rocks ain't normal use in their eyes..."

Bump...

6 of us are going to be in Revelstoke for a few days in early February and are looking for lodging. Checked out several of the above recommendations and was hoping to get more suggestions if anyone knows of anything new.

Already looking at airbnb and vrbo.

The powder springs worked for us - there might be slightly cheaper places, but I haven't found a cheaper one that allows dogs.

It's not particularly nice, but it's conveniently located, you get free passes to the aquatic center, there's free breaky, and the Last Drop is right there.

Quote Originally Posted by skuff View Post
    Bump...

6 of us are going to be in Revelstoke for a few days in early February and are looking for lodging. Checked out several of the above recommendations and was hoping to get more suggestions if anyone knows of anything new.

Already looking at airbnb and vrbo.
    We have used the Powder Springs Motel a couple of times. Pretty cheap that includes breakfast and also reduced Revy lift ticks that about equal a liftopia purchased ticket. Good location in the downtown for restaurant options and wandering. They have their own bar/restaurant that can get pretty wild.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    The powder springs worked for us - there might be slightly cheaper places, but I haven't found a cheaper one that allows dogs.

It's not particularly nice, but it's conveniently located, you get free passes to the aquatic center, there's free breaky, and the Last Drop is right there.
    funny...beat me to it.

Check out The Cube Hotel. They are centrally located in town, include breakfast and passes to the rec center.

My wife's the Gm of the sandman, might be able to swing a discount for you if it's not a peak holiday.

Powder springs halved their rooms this year and are doing long term rentals now. the cheap accom pool is getting shallow .
    Webisodes, Blogs, Words and Photos all right here-------->www.chasingsnowflakes.com

Thanks for all the help. Hoping to rent a house with hot tub, if possible.

Lamothe- Will send a PM tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Lamothe View Post
    My wife's the Gm of the sandman, might be able to swing a discount for you if it's not a peak holiday.

Powder springs halved their rooms this year and are doing long term rentals now. the cheap accom pool is getting shallow .
    I was wondering why there were hardly any rooms available for most dates at Powder springs. Guess I'll have to scout out some other hotels.