Thread: Inner Knee Pain

Inner Knee Pain

Well it seems my knee has been acting up and Im not to sure what it is.

I hesitate to call it pain, but it certainly isnt a great feeling on the inner side of my left knee. I would sometimes feel this hiking and it pops from time to time (typical joint poping) but now the soreness seems to linger. If I was to pinpoint it would be just below the knee on the inside, slightly towards the back of the knee. Hamstring tendon perhaps, maybe per ansomething bursitis?

No swelling or bruising, but what was once only soreness while hiking/riding has now started to linger into my work week. It doesnt help that Im an accountant and sit around all day.

Any thoughts? Is this something a little rice will take care of or am I looking at seeing an ortho?
    Live Free or Die

My P.T told me I have this.
    http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/90412-overview
    Skiing motion/articulation seems to flare it up pretty bad.Ice and vitamin I work well though.

I had a similar pain in my knee that I just had taken care of. I had a meniscus tear on the outside of my left knee that the MRI showed and was easily scooped…but what the MRI couldn’t show was the cartilage lining of my femur bone had warn away and there was bone on bone contact with my tibia on the inside of the knee. I don’t think I would have ever got it looked at if it weren’t for the meniscus tear. I felt it most hiking down of a mountain but like you were saying it stared hurting after skiing and riding as well. It was never anything crazy painful just dull pain and it never felt right. While bagging peaks it would always slow me down. The down side is that I had a micro fracture done to heal it and spent 8 weeks on crutches. Plus it looks like 30 weeks until I am back at 100%. I think in the end it will be worth it. I’m no doctor but you may want to have someone take a look orto or PT. Also what Twins said icing helps. Good luck!