Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Wow, just look at Mother Nature showing TOTAL DOMINATION on this White Ribbon of Death! C'mon, Ullr, time to take charge up there. | View Entry Page

1 mile from N. America's biggest chairlift
    Quote Originally Posted by Mate1103 View Post

Sending it early season, "Go fast and take chances" | View Entry Page
    We have a winner for the first round. Congrats to Mate1103 for sending this huge flip on what appears to be a pretty flat groomer. The upside down vertical pose shows composure under pressure but the question remains, did you stomp it? Either way you are getting a major upgrade on your goggle/helmet/sunglass situation so just send me a PM and I will get you dialed in with the latest and greatest from Smith Optics. Mate1103 now has a 1 in 5 chance to win a heli-ski trip to Sun Valley, congrats.

Our next topic is what we have all been waiting for, Best Powder. Storms have been rolling in nicely for many of you, and this week looks to be a deep one. Post up your Best Powder Photos and lets get this party started.
    Rocket Sleds and Super Space Boots

Early season on the Teton Pass... taken last weekend after a good foot of snow fell. | View Entry Page

Blower powder from Jackson Hole's first Tram of the season | View Entry Page

December 8th hiking. | View Entry Page

In South Western BC the ski season has arrived. We've had to take a few core shots, scrape and even blow out one edge but our first powder day was Nov 25th in the slackcountry just beyond Whistler's boundaries. The pic below is from dropping in off Vantage Peak in the Duffey Lake area - (SW British Columbia). I couldn't possibly be more stoked than my main ski buddy has decided to start dragging a DSLR around with him this year and I've become his favourite photo target. | View Entry Page

Fresh powda day on Vail Mountain brings the first snwobearded yeti of the year. A great locals day locals on the hill warming up 'til the back bowls get bombed! | View Entry Page

Widespread blower in many regions, lets see it!

Early season pow shots, eh?

Well, here's the problem. I don't have any.
    Is it the fact that I live in Florida and can't ski every day like you bums? Or that when I do go skiing, I don't want to waste my time with taking pictures, instead choosing to shred what I can?
    Or, God forbid, is it the fact that I don't know how to ski powder?

I'd love to attach an overwhelmingly epic photo, but wouldn't you rather let me get the chance to take a good one in Sun Valley? And learn to ski pow while I'm at it?

Come on, let a girl live her dream. I'll guarantee that skiing Idaho is a lot better than daydreaming in class and drawing pairs of goggles all over your Spanish notebook.

So you guys will consider it? Thanks! | View Entry Page

Following the first major snowstorm of the season, Dawson Handley makes his first turns near Granite Pass in the Big Horn Mountains of Wyoming. The Big Horns serve as a playground for skiers and snowboarders who are willing to hike for their turns. | View Entry Page

East Coast Powder, a rare occurrence for the early season. With all the rain the east coast has been receiving we have been fortunate that the higher elevations are graced with periods of considerable snowfall. Best be on your A game though because mother nature has a knack for changing that snow to rain...when it dumps you better get out there quick. What does that mean? Wake up, earn your turns, and make it to class all before 8:30. | View Entry Page

that's it, nuff said...

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

Skiing Elevator Shaft on McDonald Peak in the Sawtooths early season. Its always good to get out on big lines early season.

Here in the Pacific Northwest, winter comes on with a different mood each year. Some seasons it creeps in, warm and wet, barely cold enough to snow, yet caking three inch flakes onto low grown alder and spruce until they are plastered into a Dr. Suess like scene of toppled tree tips and perfectly punctuated pillows. Other seasons never seem to start. Storms move into this coastal land, one after another, for weeks on end. Accumulations are counted, and rumors of resort openings spread, only to be washed away by an airborne tropical treat bearing fruits foreign to this dark and dank land. Creeks once bridged by seven feet of snow now gape and grab at unsuspecting skiers. Words of a coming Pineapple Express are akin to heresy in these parts. But this season has been different, notably so from seasons past. Cold and swift the turkey day openers came, with deeper snow than oldtimers can remember. And then it stayed cold. And kept snowing. No warm up to consolidate, no sunlight for weeks, nor let up to make it matter. No reason to head home for the holidays, when the getting’s good and the spines are stacked. | View Entry Page

Craig Abbott slays pow on Teton Pass, WY Oct. 25, 2012 | View Entry Page

some nice shots in here...bump for more entries...

surely you all have some more pow shots to share with us, lets see it as this contest ends at midnight tonight.

Super G, surely you have some epic shots from your adventures up north and around the area. Post a few up to raise the bar a little more.

No entries from me yet. Unfortunately I forgot my camera for the Elevator Shaft day.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnjam View Post
    Super G, surely you have some epic shots from your adventures up north and around the area. Post a few up to raise the bar a little more.

No entries from me yet. Unfortunately I forgot my camera for the Elevator Shaft day.
    yeah, I um guess I have been too busy skiing and havent stopped to shoot. I am sure we all know how that goes...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	524243_4440125400300_1613172933_n.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	128787
    The Prodigy has been discontinued...could use some new goggles
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Name:	DSCN1743.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	761.0 KB 
ID:	128792

Name:	DSCN1784.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	957.1 KB 
ID:	128793

Pictures from October and November

Awesome day of early season skiing at Snowbasin on October 26th. The snow came is just heavy enough to keep you off the bottom, but still light enough for some legit pow turns. Unfortunately a few days later it all melted. They just got this section of the hill open on Sunday with almost entirely man made snow. | View Entry Page

It's finally turned to winter here on the "Ice Coast". I'm on the fourth chair up about to enjoy my first powder turns of the season and watch the patrollers enjoy one of the best job perks out there: the ability to paint a masterpiece on a fresh canvas moments before the masses compete for their sliver of happiness. Call me jealous, but not of their daily duties. A perk well earned. | View Entry Page

what every powder skier dreams of... the white room! | View Entry Page

in the middle of a Norman Rockwell painting

Undisclosed deeeeep early season pow stash. | View Entry Page

in the middle of a Norman Rockwell painting
    boom.