Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    Pomoca
    That narrows it down.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

yeah if i was buying skins right now i think pomoca

I weighed a set of the Pomocas cut for my dynafit stokes and they were about 100 grams lighter than BD & G3 , I also like the way they handle being stiffer they would fold up better in the wind at the top of a climb

keeping in mind this was 2012 when i did the comparison the G3 in spite of looking all mother fucking minimalist were not that much lighter than the super heavey nylon BD's

those g3 hooks work well but they put limits on what ski the skins will fit, I was making up a set of skins for my GF's 159's that had been on some 190 Lotus 120's so they were way tooo long, so I had to cut the hooks off, made some old school tip loops, folded the skin back on itself and now the same skin will fit a 159 or a 190

all glue fucks up ... learn to glue
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Seems as good as a place for a bump - what’s the difference between the P. free pro 2.0 pink and the climb pro s-glide (seafoamish ones) those seem to be the two pomoca/web wants to direct me to based on my usage, style etc…?
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

I have both. The pink ones are incredibly thin and light. The s-glides (seafoam) ones are kind of middle of the road as far as thickness and packability. I believe the grip and glide is the same. Durability seems to vary accordingly. I have a couple tears in my pink ones, although hard to say if they would have happened in the others, but certainly not as easily. I haven't used my s-glides much because they are on my spring skis which don't get used much. I will say that although everyone raves about the Pomoca glue I have been a bit surprised how much snow I was getting under my tips and tails last year with my pink ones on season two. Maybe its a combination of them wearing a bit and being on a fully rockered ski or something? I dunno...

IMO the trend seems to be towards super light weight designs that break which doesnt make sense to me for a product that will be walked on and abused for every step of its intended use

buy tubes of gold label & learn to glue

Quote Originally Posted by volklpowdermaniac View Post
    Seems as good as a place for a bump - what’s the difference between the P. free pro 2.0 pink and the climb pro s-glide (seafoamish ones) those seem to be the two pomoca/web wants to direct me to based on my usage, style etc…?
    From what I've researched (we have 3x Free Pro 2.): The Climb Pro S-Glides have a thicker backing for more durability and a smidge longer plush. The Free Pro 2.0 goes skinny on the backing to save weight and improve packability but you lose longevity. I think it comes down to how and where you skin and what your usage is.

For my usage and where I skin the *potential* lower durability of the Pomoca's vs the BD's i've used in the past is not a game changer. I'll take the lower weight and I'm likely to get 3-5yrs out of the skins, by which time I'll likely get new skis+skins. I also haven't seen a lot of griping about Pomoca durability, outside of their tail clips.

Personally I've got the BD (acentions I think) Nylons, G3 Nylon (not sure what they're calling them these days) Pomoca Climb 2.0, and Pomoca Free 2.0.

BD & G3 Nylon has great grip, terrible glide, and glue is really hard to rip during transitions. Tip attachement for either has pros and cons, tail attachment on the g3 is better.

Pomoca Climb 2.0, packs smaller, easier to handle, ample grip, glue rips easier for transitions.

Pomoca Free 2.0, packs super small, glue rips really easy, grip is the worst of the bunch.

Personally - if I were to buy another pair of skins I'd snag a pair of the climb 2.0, or a rebranded K2 skin which is the same layup. I've found multiple pairs of "used" K2 branded pomocas for half the price of a new skin, and they typically have little to no use on them.
    "Poop is funny" - Frank Reynolds

www.experiencedgear.net

FYI the new green Voile skins are just rebranded Pomoca's with their tip/tail clip added. I've been pretty happy with mine... super packable. Glue is pretty decent, just don't get snow on it if you are doing multiple laps / big days. They don't seem like they will be as durable in the long run as the orange, straight nylon BD / Voile skins, but pros and cons I suppose.

I have the Pomoca Free Pro 2.0 (pink) and chunks of the plush fall out if you sneeze on them. Probably not a problem if you stay on snow, but I end up on windblown ridges and such fairly regularly and don't like taking my skis off. I do like the tip and tail attachments, they are very light, glide very well, and grip well enough. Wouldn't mind the glue being a little stronger but it's not bad and so far the glue has held up fine.

BD Glidelite Mix STS are still my go-to.

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    I also haven't seen a lot of griping about Pomoca durability, outside of their tail clips.
    Their tips kind of suck too depending on what your ski tip is shaped like. The metal hook gets bent very easily.

Pomoca Climb Pro 2.0 plush/backing with the older G3 pivoting tip hooks and Black Diamond STI straps/tail clip FTW.

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    Pomoca Climb Pro 2.0 plush/backing with the older G3 pivoting tip hooks and Black Diamond STI straps/tail clip FTW.
    Assuming you mean STS and not STI, +1 to this. I put STS tails on my Pomocas. You can buy just the tail mounting plates from most dealers for around 5$ and move them from skin to skin by reusing the tails and clips as the skin ages or gets replaced.
    Last edited by Lindahl; 10-22-2021 at 11:23 AM.

Big sky skins are awesome
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

The real question: When is 4FRNT going to start selling the 4-Lock/Hoji Hole skins solo, so we can start drilling holes into our skis?
    "Poop is funny" - Frank Reynolds

www.experiencedgear.net

I recently got a pair of Pomoca skins with the tip bar from a mag, and the metal bar ripped out of the plastic holder first tour. The mag had already rigged some kind of weird dowel rod + duck tape contraption on the tip, seemingly to try to keep the metal bar in place.

I replaced it with a Trab tip that is riveted on, and it seemed to work much better last tour (that is, it didn't break). Adding the Trab tips was super easy.

Anyone here have experience using Fischer skins?

Quote Originally Posted by paj View Post
    Anyone here have experience using Fischer skins?
    I have some Fischer skins that are rebranded Kolhas. The plush is very good- on par with some Pomocas with a solid combo of grip and glide. The glue is not good. They are incredibly difficult to pull apart when folded against themselves- so difficult I worry I might rip the skis- and considering that absurd stickiness they are disappointingly poor at sticking to ski bases when it is very cold or when they get wet after multiple laps. Tip and tail attachment has been fine.

That said, I think I read that Kolha changed its glue recently. I also think Fischer has used multiple manufacturers over the years. So you probably have more digging to do.

I've got a big discount for Fischer skins which is the main reason I'm interested. They aren't even going on Fischer skis but I would just get oversized skins for hannibal 106, trim to fit backland 100's and attach new tip loops.

thanks for the input ISBD. Skins seem to be a surprisingly...sticky.. area for touring. If it's not one thing its another.

If any other mags have recent experience with Fischer skins I'd appreciate feedback .
    Hamme one dem beers

Quote Originally Posted by paj View Post
    I've got a big discount for Fischer skins which is the main reason I'm interested. They aren't even going on Fischer skis but I would just get oversized skins for hannibal 106, trim to fit backland 100's and attach new tip loops.

thanks for the input ISBD. Skins seem to be a surprisingly...sticky.. area for touring. If it's not one thing its another.

If any other mags have recent experience with Fischer skins I'd appreciate feedback .
    Those are Kolhas. Hopefully the "Smart Adhesion Glue" is better than what's on my older pair. I would ask the folks at skimo.co what's up.

I always thought people who complained about overly sticky skin glue were just... weak and whiney. Until I got these skins....

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    Assuming you mean STS and not STI, +1 to this.
    Yes, my bad.

BD is showing almost all of their skins out of stock on their website.
    Anyone with any inside knowledge of how long this shortage will last?

can't produce enough?
    some supply chain issue with one of the raw materials? plush? glue?
    a container on the ocean somewhere making its way here?
    a container already here but waiting to unload?
    just part of the general shortage of everything these days & who the fuck knows when it will be resolved?

got a discount code I'd like to use to buy some from them & my shopping cart just emptied because I was too slow. but the 80 bucks I'd save isn't that big of a deal - there are some available full price on the internets & I'll probably get those.
    now I'm mostly just curious

BD site is also out of gold label skin glue, grab some if you can find it