Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Do any of the other swappable sole boots screw into metal besides the cochise? If you really want to swap soles on a regular basis, I think that feature is necessary. I feel like it would be too easy to mess up the plastic threads on the factor/titan if you were swapping all the time. Just depends on how often you think you'll do that I guess.

I have done the one boot swapable sole thing, I went that way cuz at the time I was unsure which way I was going and I didn't tour much, I now I have dedicated alpine boots and I just bought mercury's

think carefully if you really want to be swapping soles all the time ?

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Due to fit requirements I use the cochise as my single boot. If I could, I would rather ski in an Atomic Redster 130 and Mastrale RS combo.
    Yup. That is a tasty combo. I was never able to find the one quiver boot.

Snowinn.com follow up... Purchased Cochise 120 for $491 shipped on11/28, shipped 11/29, cleared customs in Cinci this morning and I should have in my lusty hands tomorrow.

Summary: zero problems with snowinn.com and a great price.
    "Those 1%ers are not an avaricious "them" but in reality the most entrepreneurial of "us". If we had more of them and fewer grandstanding politicians, we would all be better off."
    - Bradley Schiller, Prof. of Economics, Univ. Nevada - Reno.

I think one big advantage of boots with swap soles is if the soles become damaged they can be replaced. Say you do a lot of rock scrambling to get to the goods, this can kill a boot in a season or two.

Of course many alpine boots already have toe/heels that can be replaced after they wear out.
    watch out for snakes

Yo listen here. for the 2013/2014 season, K2 is coming out with a universal boot. What do I mean by that? I mean its an alpine oriented boot with a walk mode, a rubber sole that will work in a touring binding, a downhill binding, AND a tech binding... no sole swapping.

Just thought I would throw that out there.

How heavy is a Cochise vs. Mastraele?
    ...Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain...

"I enjoy skinny skiing, bullfights on acid..." - Lacy Underalls

The problems we face will not be solved by the minds that created them.

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw_Willie View Post
    How heavy is a Cochise vs. Mastraele?
    No comparison of equivalent sizes (I would wear a 26.5 in all of these), but here's what I have: Scarpa Maestrale, 27.5, 1534g. Scarpa Maestrale RS, 27.5, 1571g. Tecnica Cochise 130 Pro, 26.5, 2055g. Tecnica Cochise 120, 26.5, 2047g. Tecnica Cochise 120 Pro Light, 26.5, 1660g. The Cochise 120 and 120 Pro Light come with tech soles, while the 130 comes with the lighter alpine sole.

Thanks for the info! I need tech soles.

Tried the Mastraele RS today, they would need significant work to fit me. From what I'm reading the Cochise might be a better fit but was concerned they'd be way too heavy. Looks like the Pro Lights aren't terribly heavier than the RS, I'll have to look around to find a shop that carries them.
    ...Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain...

Dynafit Titan [/end thread]

I'm shocked at how well this thing skis. Feels like I'm in my alpine boots but still can get the job done on the uphill. If the Titan is too stiff try the Zzeus it's a notch down on the stiffness scale.

Honestly the swappable soles thing is nice in theory but I'm going to guess most folks will pick one and stick with it
    For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was

I don't think the Zzeus is made any more - not listed on Dynafit's website and I haven't seen them in the stores. I think the Titan replaced it.

I have the Zzeus currently and I rarely swap the sole blocks. Thought they would be the 1-boot quiver and have skied them in both setups and while I can use them when resort skiing I find I still prefer my old Nordica 7.1s which are wayyyy stiffer. Haven't put the DIN blocks on them in a long time.