Back hyperextension injury and recover

So Ive done it again. 3rd early season straight Ive managed to put myself on the injured list.
    1 month ago I was at crossfit doing dead lifts, high weight, but I worked up to it and had lifted that much before without issue. ~300lbs on the bar, got it nearly to the top without issue, then my abs gave out and my back buckled backwards a little (no pain at this point). I dropped the weight and felt exhausted and knew I would be sore. Being an idiot I continued with the workout (80 barbel snatches). The next day I was locked down. Lower back muscles had my crippled. Ive been very stiff and fatigue easily in my lower back. No symptoms of nervous issues, no digestive changes, shooting pain or real spasms. So Im hoping its not disc related. Stretching helps, as does large quantities of ibuprofin. Ive gone to the witchdoctor (chiropractor) and hes been adjusting me and beating the hell out of me, no real changes. My mid back has been sore from the adjustments and from forcing myself to sleep on my back rather than my stomach.
    Im going to a real doc this week to get xrays and to figure out what ive done.

Anyone have thoughts? I know none of you are doctors, so Im just looking for thoughts and experiences with back hyperextension.

thanks
    Live

no one's hurt their back here?
    Live

i really hate to hog this thread but i hyperextended my back too, hitting some untracked fresh after packed while not paying attention, then refusing to fall. xrays don't look good. lumbar area is messed up. again the steroid shots in L1-L2 do wonders but of course don't get things lined up again. having well developed back muscles probably helped you. i feel better after getting in firewood for the year.

hyperxtended my lower spine cliff diving; mega pain for about 2 -3 yrs.ALOT of extreme stretching was needed (chin to chest ,with shoulders touching knees)...daily. No sit ups(you can slip a damaged disc)Took at least 4 yrs ,for me,to feel good again.
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz