WTB super long shot: Patagonia Micro Puff Pants size M

I sometimes get cold legs with 200g/m2 long johns under shell pants. I've debated getting some Primaloft One pants to go under the shell on super cold days (hey, I wear the equivalent up top so why should my legs freeze, right?). There are a few options:

- Brooks Range Cirro @ $190
    - Dynafit Murit (aka Muirit) @ $250
    - Patagucci Micro Puff (discontinued), closing out @ $125 not in my size

The Brooks Range look good, but have 9/10 side zips and I'd prefer Patty/Dyna full zips. Good weight specs though.
    Dyna looks steezy, but Patty price on closeout was much more enticing.
    Or I just suck it up like I have in the past and deal with cold balls.

Any other options to consider? If I'm going to get this type of thing I might as well get the best, so I've excluded the cheaper Primaloft Eco options (of which there are several). Also a couple of down pieces that are very nice (like the WM Flash) but I'd be using these for skiing primarily so that kind of rules down out.

Anyone hoarding some medium Micro Puffs and need some cash? Prefer new vs. used for an item like this.
    Last edited by Toby; 11-19-2012 at 09:37 PM.

I have a pair that I've worn a few times on butt fuck cold days.

hard pressed to get rid of them, but for the right price anything is for sale....

medium, black, almost new.....

also check this out?
    http://www.outdoorresearch.ca/ca_en/...ume-pants.html

Damn, haggling with mntlion. I don't know whether I'm up to the challenge. PM incoming ...

Yeah, I saw those other options but they're the cheaper Primaloft Eco. Seems that for the <$50 MSRP price difference you would want to find P-One if possible, not that there are many options available now. Bit like buying Gore-Tex Performance vs. Pro if there was only a $30-50 difference.

Find some fleece tights. Much warmer than 200 weight long johns. REI had some 200 weight fleece pants not too long ago at their outlet. Very warm. Picked up a pair for 40$. Google should be able to find a pair.

Also, check out Montbell's thermawrap pants.

You can also try thick basketball mesh shorts over the long johns. Decent thickness gives extra insulation for the thighs and butt when on a cold lift. Its worked well for me on colder days over expedition weight baselayers. Cheap experiment.

I have some really nice lightweight down Feathered Friends pants, with full zips and waterproof fabric, that I don't use.

Much as I'd prefer down for laying around in, I don't think it'd be a good idea for when I'm exercising. Thanks though.

Another interesting one to add to the list that I came across today was the Skinfit Caldo 3955 pants. Lightweight, full side zips, expensive (200 Euros).

- PrimaLoft One Füllung vorne und hinten im Gesäßbereich (P-One front and back in the bum area)
    - leichtes Hybrid Material im restlichen Bereich (light hybrid material in other areas)

Not sure what this means exactly as far as insulation on the legs goes. They're a good athletic Euro-fit in their images. Good for a mid-layer. Their size chart is wack though. Hip measurement? I've got no idea what mine would be and how it would correspond to my normal sizing.

I could always wait on ebay for a mil-spec jungle green Patagonia in my size but they're pretty ugly compared to black.

just FYI, there seems to be a pair in your size on eBay right now.

I scored a pair from 6pm when they first went on sale. you can have mine when you pry them from my cold, dead ass :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    Much as I'd prefer down for laying around in, I don't think it'd be a good idea for when I'm exercising. Thanks though.

Another interesting one to add to the list that I came across today was the Skinfit Caldo 3955 pants. Lightweight, full side zips, expensive (200 Euros).

- PrimaLoft One Füllung vorne und hinten im Gesäßbereich (P-One front and back in the bum area)
    - leichtes Hybrid Material im restlichen Bereich (light hybrid material in other areas)

Not sure what this means exactly as far as insulation on the legs goes. They're a good athletic Euro-fit in their images. Good for a mid-layer. Their size chart is wack though. Hip measurement? I've got no idea what mine would be and how it would correspond to my normal sizing.

I could always wait on ebay for a mil-spec jungle green Patagonia in my size but they're pretty ugly compared to black.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    Find some fleece tights. Much warmer than 200 weight long johns. REI had some 200 weight fleece pants not too long ago at their outlet. Very warm. Picked up a pair for 40$. Google should be able to find a pair.

Also, check out Montbell's thermawrap pants.

You can also try thick basketball mesh shorts over the long johns. Decent thickness gives extra insulation for the thighs and butt when on a cold lift. Its worked well for me on colder days over expedition weight baselayers. Cheap experiment.
    I second the long hooops shorts. Unless its below 20 degrees f I just use a late 90s vintage pair of hoops shorts under shell pants. Ive only worn the shorts with base layer pants when it was about minus 25 f at whiteface with 30 mph winds. The legs were plenty warm.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using TGR Forums

Nevermind...
    Last edited by HighWest; 01-08-2013 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Old thread is old.

Mntlion sorted me out. Thanks everyone.