View Poll Results: Move local threads to Snow Conditions/Weather?

Voters
129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Move them already!

14 10.85%
  • Move them, and allow a local stoke thread in S/S.

13 10.08%
  • Leave 'em where they are.

61 47.29%
  • Whatever dude, i'm going skiing.

23 17.83%
  • GTFO, kook!

18 13.95%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Poll: Move local conditions threads to Snow Conditions and Weather forum?

This has come up a couple of times. The one thing that has changed/improved in the last year or so, imho, was starting the PolyAss forum and having the New Posts search not include that forum. And that forum seems as lively as ever.

Anyways, the idea is to get ski/snowboard more aligned toward stoke. In the future, there may be a reorganization, including subforums. Ski/snowboard could have separate subforums for TR's, local conditions, etc. This was proposed and briefly discussed in this thread.

In the meantime, what's the collective think? Move them? Sticky them there? Allow a local stoke-only thread in ski/board? Leave it the fuck alone?
    thanks for the feedback.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Leave it the fuck alone. The Wasatch thread has, and always will be about everything (stoke, anti-stoke, jong fest, observations, microscopic evaluation of snow crystals, spraying, tr's, whatever).

We don't need type A clean freaks reorganizing TGR to fit into a neat, clean, obsessive compulsive little box.

+1^^^^^^^^
    embrace the gape
    and believe

I voted to move them.

Yes, I'm a little ocd Trackhead
    "The idea wasnt for me, that I would be the only one that would ever do this. My idea was that everybody should be doing this. At the time nobody was, but this was something thats too much fun to pass up." -Briggs
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Wear your climbing harness. Attach a big anodized locker to your belay loop so its in prime position to hit your nuts. Double russian Ti icescrews on your side loops positioned for maximal anal rape when you sit down. Then everyone will know your radness
    More stoke, less shit.

Move them. Also, these snow in the PNW and ec roll call threads need some sub splitting. They are too broad.

Fuck off. What a bunch of fucking whiners.

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    Leave it the fuck alone. The Wasatch thread has, and always will be about everything (stoke, anti-stoke, jong fest, observations, microscopic evaluation of snow crystals, spraying, tr's, whatever).

We don't need type A clean freaks reorganizing TGR to fit into a neat, clean, obsessive compulsive little box.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA^^^^^^^^^^^^nice bit if complete BS track head. every time someone posts something other than snow obz in the all holy wasatch conditions thread, all the regulars get all in a tizzy about it. you guys even post rules in the beginning. MOVE THAT SHIT!!!!!

rog

How many fucking threads do we need for this before people shut the fuck up? Plus the one linked to by tye1on.

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...itions-threads

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...Steve-and-Todd

How about a real issue... Bring back tags.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    How many fucking threads do we need for this before people shut the fuck up? Plus the one linked to by tye1on.

Ironic, no?
    "The idea wasnt for me, that I would be the only one that would ever do this. My idea was that everybody should be doing this. At the time nobody was, but this was something thats too much fun to pass up." -Briggs
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Wear your climbing harness. Attach a big anodized locker to your belay loop so its in prime position to hit your nuts. Double russian Ti icescrews on your side loops positioned for maximal anal rape when you sit down. Then everyone will know your radness
    More stoke, less shit.

Quote Originally Posted by icelanticskier View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA^^^^^^^^^^^^nice bit if complete BS track head. every time someone posts something other than snow obz in the all holy wasatch conditions thread, all the regulars get all in a tizzy about it. you guys even post rules in the beginning. MOVE THAT SHIT!!!!!

rog
    Nothing will ever change here, despite "rules" at the beginning of a thread. Get over it.

I like them here - I don't check the weather forum unless it's a powder day.

Move the threads. Everyone who creates a thread that starts with OFFICIAL is a complete tool. Same with 12/13 Butthurt threads.

A local, stoke-only thread? Hope you have time on your hands to keep those moderated or they'll just turn into what we have now.

This is a solution in search of a problem. Leave them alone.

Can we have a SW Montana conditions and updates forum?

And I voted "Who gives a fuck anyway".....

That was a subcategory
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

don't move em. those threads don't just have conditions in em.. its all in a single thread anyways its not like its bogging down the front page.

Unless, we made a subforum JUST for the rollcall/whats up/stoke/everyfuckinthingelse threads..

Hugh Conway Guest
    How about an intramountain-west OCD Douchebag forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Northern and Southern regions?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

You would be Lord King of that forum.

Quote Originally Posted by jahoney View Post
    don't move em. those threads don't just have conditions in em.. its all in a single thread anyways its not like its bogging down the front page.

Unless, we made a subforum JUST for the rollcall/whats up/stoke/everyfuckinthingelse threads..

What would that leave on the s/s page?

Dumbass misplaced first post tech talk/gear swap questions.

I like them in the S/S forum.
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    You would be Lord King of that forum.
    Dude, that's a democratically elected position based on vertical feet skinning, inches of powder and sum of Megabytes of images posted.

Dude, that's a democratically elected position based on vertical feet skinning, inches of powder and sum of Megabytes of images posted.
    You left out Solipskier points...

True dat. Guess you would use Strava hybrid app for that and Epic Mix brah.

VBulletin can use a point system. Splat, turn that on so we can get our OCD on!

Brought to you by Carl's Jr.