Questions for my Surfing Lady

I know. I need pics.

My question:

Does a forum/website/community of lady surfers exist? Ms. C is quite a solid surfer and is currently getting a board shaped for her. She is really just looking for a place to discuss and see what the other surf gals are after and maybe ask a few questions to some folks who are much more experienced.

Thanks

Why? There are several people that are shapers on here, as well as a number of solid surfers that understand gear in relation to height, weight, ability and surfing style. Why not just ask them? I would further venture a guess that, if she's a really good surfer, and doesn't already know of said forum, it likely doesn't exist.
    "Yo!! Brentley! Ya wanna get faded before work?"

Quote Originally Posted by BS720 View Post
    I would further venture a guess that, if she's a really good surfer, and doesn't already know of said forum, it likely doesn't exist.
    I don't know about that. Not every good surfer is an internet whore. [SARCASM]I mean, I rip the shit out of it, but only found this place a few years ago [/SARCASM]

I am fairly experienced. You can send her down our way for a bit. Room and board is very reasonable, and tuition is nearly free. Of course, our (non-accreditted) surf school requires certain duties, such as helping clean the house, and watching my son if the surf starts to go off. OTOH, she will learn a tremendous amount. I live across the street from a locally famous shaper, and my back door neighbor (please, no gay jokes) is a glasser and world famous big wave surfer. I just sit in the yard and learn a tremendous amount from osmosis. Oh, and please remind her she needs to supply her own weed.

She should start by searching through the surf forums out there. This is the only one I frequent, but I know that there are others.

I'll check and see if my old neighbor knows of any sites or she goes to any. We had to move, because she was not like even semi famous. Just neighborly.

Hugh Conway Guest
    women surf forums? good luck with that.

Contact Channel Island Surfshop in Santa Barbra, Al Merrick shapes for a number of professional women surfers and they used to have a forum and blog for women online. Super nice group of guys and gals.

^^Being from SB, that makes me laugh. Call and talk to Al? Come on, this is not 1988.

If someone does talk with Al then can you get Slaters number for me? I want to ask where his secret Atoll is.

Schemeboat, why doesn't she just log onto a place like swaylocks that has a ton of knowledgeable people. I know it will be mainly dudes but I'm sure there are some really good shapers there and they can tell Ms. C what their other female customers are ordering. The knowledge coming directly from shapers will trump any female surf forum, if it even exists.

And if there is a female only surf forum then I'm guessing every single guy that surfs will immediately register trying to hookup with a girl that surfs. Now that I think of it, a female only surf forum is pretty much impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Piggity View Post
    If someone does talk with Al then can you get Slaters number for me? I want to ask where his secret Atoll is.

Schemeboat, why doesn't she just log onto a place like swaylocks that has a ton of knowledgeable people. I know it will be mainly dudes but I'm sure there are some really good shapers there and they can tell Ms. C what their other female customers are ordering. The knowledge coming directly from shapers will trump any female surf forum, if it even exists.

And if there is a female only surf forum then I'm guessing every single guy that surfs will immediately register trying to hookup with a girl that surfs. Now that I think of it, a female only surf forum is pretty much impossible.
    Hahah well played. Thanks for the info, I will push her in the direction of swaylocks. She's getting a very slick cedar board mace for her, I'm psyched she pulled the pin!

Not Al himself, he will only take my call. Call the shop, come on now!

Slater needs a hair cut.

She might try Surf Diva, it's a women's surf shop/ school run out of La Jolla, I'm pretty sure they were trying to ramp up an internet presence, with blog, surf school and workshops geared towards women, they were also doing a winter surf camp in mexico.

how about talk to a shaper

Meetup.com or ask another female that's out in the water. If she is the shy type, there is always Google