AT Bootfitter in New Haven or NYC area

Yes, I searched, but I could not find anything.

Does anyone have any recommendations regarding a bootfitter for AT boots in the New Haven or NYC area? I am looking for Dynafit-compatible Women's AT boots in size 25 for a narrow foot female skier.

Thanks!
    Ein Berg ohne Absturzgefahr ist nur noch Attrappe. (Reinhold Messner)

EMS Soho sells AT boots, but not reccomended for any real boot work. Tyler uptown at Surefoot is a great dude who knows his stuff, but don't think they stock AT boots there

It's not like alpine boots where every manufacturer (at least every 2-piece shell maker) pretty much makes a narrow, medium and wide last. With touring boots you don't really have that range of options. AT manufacturers pretty much all make their boots on the "comfort" end of the spectrum; the only company that comes close to building a narrow women's AT last is Dynafit. Try the TLT5 Mountain for starters; slightly wider forefoot but still narrow in the medial midfoot/heel would be the One PX-TF W. In super light/rando race type boots there are a few more possibilities.

Can't help you with a rec if you need work done on the shells - Grilamid can be a little tricky and Pebax is a PITA.

Not sure if there's a big touring crowd there, closest thing I can think of is High Adventure in Latham, but that's 3 hours away.

Gman is offline Mack Master William Large
    there isn't anyone in NYC that does what you want. Having worked at both EMS and REI and fitting people, the most we ever did for fits was mold liners. Jason at REI can punch stuff for you if you want but they don't sell AT boots.

If their women's boots are anything like the men's, then scarpa should fit the bill. Ive got a really narrow foot (I can ski almost any 95-98mm plug boot bone stock) and love my T1s for tele and the Maestrale RS for AT.

Then you just need to find a boot fitter...Tom at Ski Barn in Paramus is phenomenal, and does quite a bit of work on AT and tele boots, as does Doug at the Wayne store.
    Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    If you're not standing on the fucking traverse with your thumb up your ass you wont get checked.

dumbfuck.

Bumping old thread here….

Anyone have any experiences with bootfitting at panda sports in Brooklyn? I’ve bought softgoods there and they have a decent sized shop. No AT boots in their inventory but I need some fitting done on a pair I bought online.

No, but fwiw I was just at Paragon and while their techs working on my skis were great, I was never able to talk to them, and the floor is a rough place these days. The folks doing boot fitting seem to be semi-knowledgable but seems like they've been hit super hard by staffing shortages.

Let me know what you learn about Panda. I had a great experience with the Surefoot dudes on UES. But honestly... next time I buy boots I'll probably wait to have them fitted til I'm back in a ski town.

Quote Originally Posted by Franz Klammer View Post
    Yes, I searched, but I could not find anything.

Does anyone have any recommendations regarding a bootfitter for AT boots in the New Haven or NYC area? I am looking for Dynafit-compatible Women's AT boots in size 25 for a narrow foot female skier.

Thanks!
    I know nothing about shops or bootfitters in the NY or CT areas, but no one really makes a narrow tech AT boot at the moment - Scarpa Gea/Maestrale is not it, especially around the midfoot and ankle.

The narrowest seem to be the Atomic Hawx Ultra XTD line (hybrid) at 98mm or the Backland Series (light and fast) also at 98mm. Lange XT3 LV is in the running at 97mm in the forefoot, but the ankle fit is nowhere near as snug as the Atomic Ultra XTD and the tour mode is mediocre.

Everyone else does one fit only, typically 99mm to 101mm.

Quote Originally Posted by ezramec View Post
    No, but fwiw I was just at Paragon and while their techs working on my skis were great, I was never able to talk to them, and the floor is a rough place these days. The folks doing boot fitting seem to be semi-knowledgable but seems like they've been hit super hard by staffing shortages.

Let me know what you learn about Panda. I had a great experience with the Surefoot dudes on UES. But honestly... next time I buy boots I'll probably wait to have them fitted til I'm back in a ski town.
    I buy boots about every 7 or 8 years and the last two times was able to do so in other places. This time, not so lucky.

I was in Paragon a couple weeks ago buying goggles and their equipment section seems to have gotten much more spacious since it moved to the basement, but with far less choice of goods and people working there. I was not impressed with the boot fitting/trying on I was witnessing.

They did have a really broad goggle selection though. I have a hard face to fit as well as feet!

AT Bootfitter in New Haven or NYC area

So, to update, I ended up going out to Ski Barn in Wayne,NJ. Only 45minutes in the car from bklyn midday. I worked with the owner of the shop there, Doug, and he spent a ton of time with me and charged me very little to heat mold liners, add some padding to help the heel pocket and punch out the forefoot area in my lupo air 130’s.

Did a 4 day expedition with no blisters or discomfort right after. Phew!

Thanks Ski Barn, highly recommended