Correlation between doomsday prepping and obesity...

Watching the show right now. Seems like people would be more concerned about physical fitness? Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by single View Post
    ....Seems like people would be more concerned about physical fitness?
    aint gonna outrun no bullet now are ya?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    [IMG]http://media.philly.com/images/362*271/DISH13F-Big-Al-400.jpg[/IMG]

Ain't gonna survive more than 6 months?

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    No, but you can out run a zombie, and isn't that what they are really worried about?

Besides the fatter they are the longer they can survive without food...obesity is a survival strategy.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    No, but you can out run a zombie, and isn't that what they are really worried about?

Besides the fatter they are the longer they can survive without food...obesity is a survival strategy.
    Better start eating if your theory is right. Little people won't last long.

Quote Originally Posted by Crass3000 View Post
    Better start eating if your theory is right. Little people won't last long.
    Ha! I watched this the other day and this one family...well, they were not obese but they were odd (another prepper quality I think). These clever folks plan to hunker down for a spell in a bunker they have covertly built in their garage under the cover of night (yet it has been spotlighted on the Preppers show--oopsy!).

The plan is to stay until they run out of food and provisions and then make a run for a boat they have sagely loaded with like a year's worth of supplies. They will then sail off into the sunset, or more specifically to a local island where they can wait out the zombies and bad stuff and chow down on their goodies. This "run" they're going to make to the boat btw is like 12 miles. At least they are not obese, or won't be after that.

When asked what they will do if they make their long hike and find that the boat is stolen or ransacked of supplies, the prepper dude simply said: "Well, nothing is certain and you can't predict what will happen in life," or something like that.

Yeah including the end of days and zombie attacks and stuff like that, right? Yet you prepped for that eventuality spending thousands and turning your kids into future nutters, ya ding-dong. Bizarro world!
    "I call it reveling in natures finest element. Water in its pristine form. Straight from the heavens. We bathe in it, rejoicing in the fullest." --BZ

Quote Originally Posted by snowsprite View Post
    Yeah including the end of days and zombie attacks and stuff like that, right? Yet you prepped for that eventuality spending thousands and turning your kids into future nutters, ya ding-dong. Bizarro world!
    Yep nobody said they were totally sane but they'll be better of than me. Hopefully I can find their boat first. I have to agree that most of them are total nutters but the guy who married a twin and has them both for redundancy is far smarter than I'll ever be.

Edit: It's CRAZY how much money they spend. They could do so much cool stuf with all that loot.

Everyone makes fun of this show but those loonbats would be sitting pretty if a scenario like Argentina, etc were to go down.

I think they frame it around zombies and stuff for the shows ratings. I know a couple of these types back in NH, and while definitely odd, arent prepping for battle with the rising dead. Moreso for the chumps who have nothing and cant fend for themselves when shit goes down. Basically prepping for rioting and looting.
    Live Free or Die

Has there been much rioting and looting in New Hampshire over the past 300 years?

1st rule of the Zombie apocolypse

Cardio

Hurricane and earthquake prepping makes sense, but most of the people on that show are fat, gun crazy, weirdos with too much time and money

What gets me is why they are willing to publicize their stockpiles and names on national television. Especially when their cache is at their house.

I also think this might be one of the funniest shows on tv.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Everyone makes fun of this show but those loonbats would be sitting pretty if a scenario like Argentina, etc were to go down.
    wai, what?? there was a zombie apocalypse in Argentina? Maradona recovered & I thought it was all sunshine & happiness down there?

Taking into account the fact that the 'preppers' that go on tv to brag about it are going to be some of the stranger examples, I don't think most people that do similar things really are preparing for the end of days, they're just stockpiling some supplies. Wasn't there just a hurricane? Some people were probably enjoying power from generators, cold and hot libations hot food and other nice things, most likely including the company of women.

Food is cheaper bought in bulk and its not a bad idea to have some extra around. I think most of the talk of similar people about the SHTF is kind of tongue in cheek.

Modern life is also fucking wierd and the idea that one has the capability to be self sufficient is a comfort blanket that has an understandable appeal.

That said, going on tv to brag about your apocalyptic supplies and shelter is really stupid. Did they show much in the way of weaponry? Id watch the show if it was nothing but guns booby traps homemade explosives etc, even if it was super cheesy.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Has there been much rioting and looting in New Hampshire over the past 300 years?
    I heard things got really ugly once in the produce aisle of a Hannafords before a nor'easter! You don't wanna mess with the whiteys in turtlenecks and fleeces, so now that you mention it one can never be too prepared!

"I call it reveling in natures finest element. Water in its pristine form. Straight from the heavens. We bathe in it, rejoicing in the fullest." --BZ

turtlenecks and fleeces?
    Dickies and Carhartts, yo.
    c'mon Sprite this is NH, no one sports fucking turtlenecks.
    this is not CT or CT north also known as VT.
    keep it real, sistah.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    No, there hasnt.

But in NH it isnt that out of the ordinary to stock up on guns, know some self sufficiency skills, and be confident one can fend for ones self. My point is that I think they make these folks look crazy for TV, when in reality I think they are just getting their shit together for an economic collapse if it were to happen.

I would prefer more zombie target shooting though.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by single View Post
    What gets me is why they are willing to publicize their stockpiles and names on national television..
    I think you answered your own question. Never underestimate the size of the American ego.

Andy was on to something.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Gotta be an education thing.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.