Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

FS: Canfield Yelli-Screamy and Giant Reign X

Consolidating my world I think. These are tenative sales while I wait on word on my new quiver of one. I'd sell them cheap to the right party with understanding that they've been used, there are frame scratches, some parts will need to be replaced sooner or later, etc. I'll do my best to describe them. Once, I find out on my new bike, I may trade out the saddle, seatpost, bars and stem so you would be getting something newer if that happens. I'm completely happy with both bikes, just simplifying.

2010 Giant Reign X $1,300 plus shipping with a few changes.

Frame-medium, new 2012 lower link, install by Go-ride along with new enduro frame bearings earlier in the summer. Not many rides since. They ground the top ISCG tab off to make room but the new links are much beefier and don't break like the 2010s. Various cable rubs and a couple rock dings on the down tube. Nothing that affects it. Rear maxle included. MX Pushed Avy for a 190# rider with a 600. I'm 200 and it's plush. Plus and extra lower link as a spare.

Wheels: Mavic 823s to a generic 20mm front and transition 135 rear. True and sets up tubeless nicely.

Fork: 2011 Rockshox Lyric 2-step air. Rebuilt by Go-ride at the same time as the frame.

Tires: A half used set of WTB Dissents (heavy) and some almost new WTB Weirwolf LTs. These are a low pro 2.55 tire that is light. They work really great around here with dry hard pack and sand. Probably five short rides on them.

Cassette: Good shape XT

Cranks: Good shape XT set up 2x9 (22-36-bash), Stinger guide

Fr der: XTR

Rr der: Sram X9 mid

Pedals: Transition flats

Saddle: Transition

Seatpost: GD 4" Turbo that probably needs a rebuild. This is an easy process...you buy the rebuild from GD's website for $30 and ship it to them. A week later you have a good as new one back on your bike. It works but you have to push the thumb lever back to raise the seat up and have it lock in the up position.

Stem: Marrow prototype. A local guy here and TGR poster started making some really nice stems and this is one of the early ones, about a 40 mm reach

Chain: I think it's a 990.

Brakes: Code calipers linked to Elixir SL levers plus spare parts. Almost new pads. Fresh bleed. 203 rotors fr and rr plus a spare. They work great but definitely the older part of the bike.

Bar: Sunline V1.

Grips: Sunlines with half life left.

Shifters: X9. Cables were new in June.

Canfield Yelli Screamy medium 29er $1,300 plus shipping. Only frame damage and scratches are on the drive CS where I dropped a chain. The chain was bent so I bent it back trailside and have been riding it ever since. I will include a new 991 9sd that you can put on if you want. I have it set up so you can't go big ring to the two back biggest cogs.

Fork: Fox F29 15mm thru, it's awesome for this bike, one tiny scuff on the left stanchion that is cosmetic

Wheels: Spinery Xyclones, true and set up with Stan's strips. The front has a leak at the valve stem so I will try to fix it before shipping or drop a few bucks off if you don't mind fixing it or running a tube.

Casette: 991 with just the summer on it

Tires: WTB Exiwolf 2.35, front is new new and the back is 50-75%...I've never really figured out to gauge how much tread is left without being a complete dork.

Cranks: XT with 2x9 22-36

Fr der: XT e type

Rr der: SRAM XO

Chain: Brand new SRAM 991 plus the old chain.

Pedals: none

Shifters: X0 with match makers to the brake levers

Brakes: Avid SLs with a season on them. Pretty sweat brakes really.

Seatpost: Thomson 27.2 with a sleeve

Bar: Kore

Stem: Truvativ

Grips: Almost new ODI

Saddle: Older comfy San Marco

New cables and bleed in June.

These are older pics and I will update when I can. Some of the parts in the pics will be switched before the sale.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img_1330.jpg 
Views:	249 
Size:	111.6 KB 
ID:	125471
    Last edited by Conundrum; 11-29-2012 at 12:06 AM.

Possibly interested in the frame if you go the parted out route...

I have wanted to own a yelli, what size is it? Medium would fit the bill for me. If medium, dibs . The whole bike, +/- what you need to trade out.

Edit... yeah you said its a medium. Can't read. I'll keep tuned.
    Last edited by SubV; 11-12-2012 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SubV View Post
    I have wanted to own a yelli, what size is it? Medium would fit the bill for me. If medium, dibs . The whole bike, +/- what you need to trade out.

Edit... yeah you said its a medium. Can't read. I'll keep tuned.
    Hope this ends up sold to you, SubV, so that way I don't have to buy it.
    We heard you in our twilight caves, one hundred fathom deep below, for notes of joy can pierce the waves, that drown each sound of war and woe.

New bike on the way. SubV has dibs if he wants on the Yelli. Anyone in on the Reign at $1400?

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    New bike on the way. SubV has dibs if he wants on the Yelli. Anyone in on the Reign at $1400?
    Keep me posted if he backs out.

Conundrum, I'm going to bow out. Looks like you won't have much trouble finding more interest.

Bump town. $1,300/bike plus shipping. I'm pretty busy this week so won't be able to get pics or ship until this weekend. At that point, I'll probably post up on PB, MTBR, and CL locally. Probably be able to unload fairly quickly at these prices locally but would rather throw it out to TGR folks first. Would take $1,100 for the YS frame fork and wheels if you want to build up with your own parts.

PM sent re: YS

if for some reason the YS is still around when my xmas bonus shows, do want.
    be about two weeks, keep us posted.

edit:nevermind
    crab in my shoe mouth

toast - you buying an extra one?

not that i was ever really in, but i'm out the YS.
    We heard you in our twilight caves, one hundred fathom deep below, for notes of joy can pierce the waves, that drown each sound of war and woe.

Quote Originally Posted by butterscotch View Post
    toast - you buying an extra one?

not that i was ever really in, but i'm out the YS.
    Wife rode mine and now she wants one too. Thinking this'll be her x-mas present.

Pretty much everyone that rides my Yelli ends up buying one. Those things kick ass.

Someone is gonna get some great deals...

...after feeling I was often overgunned with a Reign X as my XC to light Freeride bike...I went for the holy grail one bike stable in the Mojo HD (keep in mind I never got rid of my Glory for scarier stuff)

I gave the HD it's fair shake with many shock, geo, and setup changes, but in the end I sold it and built back up the Reign X (LOVE these bikes)....I almost bought a YS, but went the carbon 29er route for my inner weight weenie. Seems to be working out ok, but probably would have been happy either way.

Hope your consolidation works out Conundrum, but I can't help but think you will always be riding a compromise bike now

reign x might be the best single bike ever made. ridiculous deal on an awesome rig.
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

New ride. It seems like the best compromise from the two bikes I have to one. Around here, the only reason to pick between the two bikes was my mood. Now I don't have to decide anything.

Reign X and a couple spare parts. $1,300 plus shipping.

Back half

New burlier link plus you get and extra old one as a spare.

YS and I found an extra hanger for it

Scrape on stanchion. Has never caused an issue for me.

Side view

Gouges on chain stay from dropping chain once

does this mean the YS is still on the table?
    or is it going to some dude's wife?
    crab in my shoe mouth

$1300 for a complete Reign X with parts? You fucking kidding? Completely agree with marshal. This bike is way underrated. If I had the money, I'd buy it on principal.
    Last edited by bagtagley; 11-29-2012 at 08:21 AM.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

I'm with Bag's....I just don't quite have the money right now because of my stupid 29er purchase....BUY THE REIGN X PEOPLE...deal of a lifetime, even has the new lower link. A solid build. That is stupid cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    $1300 for a complete Reign X with parts? You fucking kidding? Completely agree with marshal. This bike is way underrated. If I had the money, I'd buy it on principal.
    I already own one, and I am considering it on principal. That is probably the best deal I have ever seen on a bike. Someone buy it.
    Keep it unclipped

Toast was waiting on some pics on the YS so he is first in line.

Toast was waiting on some pics on the YS so he is first in line.
    I'm in for it - I'll call you later today.

Friend of the family is interested in the ReignX, just shot you a PM Conundrum.
    Keep it unclipped

That Bandit 29 is rad!
    I'm so hardcore, I'm gnarcore.

Blue. Bars.

Those are some of the most sexy bikes I have ever seen. Wish I had some coin, I'd be all over the YS. What travel fork you running on it?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.