OT/FS/FT: 1971 BMW R75/5

Kinda random, but maybe someone here has what I'm looking for in trade--LHT, Salsa Vaya, Cross Check, etc...

Bike+extras+lift=1500 american

I have the above bike in pieces, complete. I disassembled it over a year ago in anticipation of a frame repaint, but got distracted by life and other interests. At this point, my interest is in bikes with pedal power, so this is for sale. It was my first airhead, then I sold it, then I bought it back. It was running when disassembled, although I think the only thing that might need attention is the ignition handlebar switch. The bike does come with good rubber, spare (newer) carbs, a spare tank, and some non-stock components (headlight ring/mirrors, 2 into 1 exhaust).

I'll shoot a bunch of pictures this week, but you wont see much other than all the parts. The bike is black, spare tank is grey, both tanks stored empty of fuel, no petcocks, gas cap open in the garage.

I would also consider trading the bike for a similarly valued bicycle (cyclocross or adventure touring only). Feel free to contact me with any questions.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	r75.1.jpg 
Views:	259 
Size:	99.2 KB 
ID:	125428

Interested. Miles?

What do you mean by lift?

Quote Originally Posted by single View Post
    Interested. Miles?

What do you mean by lift?
    Miles are around 74000, BMW speedos/odometers were never very accurate, although the odos were usually more accurate than speed (speed is usually measured as 5 mph faster than actual speed).

The lift is a sears moto/atv lift in the pictures here. I have a couple more to add to the gallery tomorrow.

Lemme know if you have any other questions.

oh man.... oh man.... oh man....
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

Quote Originally Posted by marshalolson View Post
    oh man.... oh man.... oh man....
    What he said
    Be careful about buying snowboard goggles for skiing. Snowboard goggles come in right eye and left eye (for goofy-footers) dominant models. This can make it hard to see correctly when skiing because you are facing straight down the hill, not sideways.

I do not need a second bike. I do not need a second bike. I do not...

That's a decent price.*

I need to quit hanging out here.

*But I bought my current bike for $50, so I'm spoiled.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post

That's a decent price.*

Sure you do. Never heard of a "loaner bike?"

And yes, I think its a decent price. Less than that and I'll just mothball it for myself or my son, and I could part it out for double but dont want to deal with that.

It's a damn good thing that bike is located far far away from me. Very tempting.

That's a decent price.*

Zak.. ^^ Yes you do. This (1971 BMW R75/5) is seriously my favorite bike EVER. Everyone should get to experience the awesomeness that is this bike. At 5'11", 185# I thought this might not be enough bike. I was wrong. It makes mach 10 seem totally normal, safe even. Trust me, you want this bike.

'To quote my bro
    "We're not K2. We're a bunch of maggots running one press at full steam building killer fukkin skis and putting smiles on our friends' faces." ' - skifishbum '08

"Adios Hugh you asshole" - Ghostofcarl '14

believe...

^^Jerk.

I would probably go for it if it was local and assembled, but I just don't have time to take on another project right now.

PS. BaNosser -- I'll let you try those 202 L138s so you can see exactly what I mean.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

^^Jerk.

I would probably go for it if it was local and assembled, but I just don't have time to take on another project right now.

PS. BaNosser -- I'll let you try those 202 L138s so you can see exactly what I mean.
    I will take you up on that this season mang... you really have me intrigued

snow!

--vibes to the boarders stuck on Rainier--
    'To quote my bro
    "We're not K2. We're a bunch of maggots running one press at full steam building killer fukkin skis and putting smiles on our friends' faces." ' - skifishbum '08

"Adios Hugh you asshole" - Ghostofcarl '14

believe...

Sweet ride . . . have had an R90/6 for over 20 years . . promised myself never to sell it a long time ago even though it doesn't get out much anymore.
    "Don't tease me about my hobbies, I don't tease you about being an asshole"

LOCAL SALE PENDING...breathe easy, everyone.

That's the old mantra..."never sell a bike you love"
    The reality is that just because I love them, I dont have to own one. I've got a BMW 2002 in my hopefully not too distant future (several years), and I dont have the time or inclination to maintain a fleet of vehicles.

Dream Car:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1281_V20120612142734.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	52.6 KB 
ID:	125558
    Last edited by milestogo; 11-13-2012 at 03:33 PM.