Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
    p.s, it's dumping in Silverton, conditions will be prime this coming weekend.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Showed Up to Purgatory just in time to storm ride Monday and untracked leftovers all day today. First time here, riding with some buddies via Power Pass. Good times, maybe even a little moar snow by the end of week.

Checking back in to see if:
    1) Any of y'all ski Telluride (or know someone who does) and would be willing to show me around a bit. I spent a lot of time in Black Iron Bowl last time I was out and would love to get to know the mountain a bit better, especially Gold Hill chutes and Palmyra. I promise if I can't keep up I will personally encourage you to show me the door JONG SLAUGHTER style. I'll be in town 2/21-2/25

and 2) Does anyone have a line on discounted T-ride lift tickets. I'm already buying the lessons for my two year-old so funds are going to be tight. I know I've picked up leftover 4-paks from folks before in the Front Range and don't know if there is anything similar in Telluride?

Also FWIW I've already sacrificed the mandatory picture of my wife (nullifying the GTFO clause in my TGR Jong contract...) back on page 14.

Cheers to next weeks storm laying down lots of fresh snow!

Discount tickets through your lodging will be the best bet.

There is people to show you around but they keep a low profile. It is TGR where shit just happens, or it doesn't. And with Bear Creek...if you don't know, don't go. For real.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Discount tickets through your lodging will be the best bet.

There is people to show you around but they keep a low profile. It is TGR where shit just happens, or it doesn't. And with Bear Creek...if you don't know, don't go. For real.

Thanks!! Not planning on dying in Bear Creek as I don't have a BC setup, local knowledge, or avy training. I've got kids to get home to. Although a BC setup and avy training are on my list for things to make happen sooner than later.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I'll be skiing the 16th - morning of 22nd and can probably meet up if need be but I'll send you a PM just in case...

I'm no help on tickets other than buying online in advance...

And its still snowing...long range showing high pressure but possibility of Southern flow.

Buster - how long you around? I'm probably stuck at Telluride but let me know if you come into town mid-Feb

Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    And its still snowing...long range showing high pressure but possibility of Southern flow.

Buster - how long you around? I'm probably stuck at Telluride but let me know if you come into town mid-Feb
    Yeah it's definitely delivering today. Fingers crossed for more of the same later this month. Thanks for the detailed PM btw!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post

I'm gone, but the skiing was stellar and coverage is thicc this year already.

Purgatory forecast was around an inch for today. It started snowing around 8am and snowed light to moderate all day, and still snowing. Week total is over a foot in favored slopes

My 11 year old son and I skied Wolf Creek the last two days. I feel like I should just tell the world this place... SUCKS..nothing worth seeing or skiing at WC!

Hope you had a good time. We have been missing the recent storms so I was hoping you would not be dissapointed. Parking lots were pretty full yesterday. Looked like Raven might of had lift line. Skied Thursday and looked like some of the letter runs were still untracked. Enjoy the rest of your trip. Even without fresh snow a sunny day in the San Juans is still pretty nice.
    off your knees Louie

silvertonmtn
    FREE Unguided skiing!!!!!

Buy your 2020-21 Spring Unguided Pass NOW and you can ski for FREE for the 2020 Unguided season!

Plus 24 days at partner mountains with the amazing new additions of @sugarbowlresort @monarchmountain @arapahoe_basin AND just when you thought it can't get better we are including a $39 heli run to Grassy or Butter zones if you book by May 31 (then the price increases to $59). *some black out dates at partner mountains.

Early Bird pricing $199

https://silvertonmountain.com/shop/2...season-passes/

If you could work that into your life, that is a ridiculous deal. It is about as close to a dirt bag dream as you can get.

President's week was pretty tasty inbounds at T-ride...working on finishing a long form vid but stellar turns off Palmyra, Dihedral, Rockslide, Gold Hill 2, etc. May even head back on March 16th sans kids. haha

Who is buying the Purg pass on the pre-season offer they have?

I'm not super stoked on the offer -- no credit, increased prices, and a 100-day guarantee based on how long seven other mountains are open. (Also keeping in mind that even if they are open 100 days there's no guarantee you'll be able to ski them -- limited entry, reservations required, etc.)

$99 for Silverton unguided (no partner days) isn't too shabby:
    https://silvertonmountain.com/shop/2...season-passes/

Any updated bootfitting recs in Telluride with the Oak Street Paragon/BD closed?

My guess is just boot doctors up in MV...the only place I go anyway.

San Juan Stoke 12/13

Just here to say that today was fkn bananas.

The south San Juans got drilled and today was incredible.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CO6VhMHHCaL/

Little stoke from a four day trip camping in Blaine Basin on the N side of Sneffels, lots of good snow and easy access! Skied the Snake Couloir in very firm conditions..

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobmandell View Post

Little stoke from a four day trip camping in Blaine Basin on the N side of Sneffels, lots of good snow and easy access! Skied the Snake Couloir in very firm conditions..
    Gorgeous. What a campsite.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobmandell View Post

Extremely well played boys!
    Gravity Junkie

Went for a little exploratory ski up towards Trico peak the other day. Pretty thin down by the road, The new snow up high hadn’t fully transitioned yet, but there was some sweet corn/firnspiegle in the middle. Some dust layers lurking/exposed, so things might go real quick.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2445.JPG 
Views:	71 
Size:	280.3 KB 
ID:	375602Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2440.JPG 
Views:	72 
Size:	208.2 KB 
ID:	375603

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Looks like the annual dust made an appearance...

I'm there the week of June 14th and planning some easy morning missions. I'll return for most of July and plan my usual search for snow.