Down the valley a bit further on the good side of the 49th

Transport Denver (DEN) to Vail

Never been looks like I'm going in March. What are best bets for transporting 6-8 people to vail village. Planning to stay in the village and avoid the need for a car so bus or private car/van transport works. Did someone here start up a service or was that elsewhere (maybe blurred)? Not going until March somewhere around the 18-20 and return 23-25. Just looking for good options, cost vs convenience. Don't yet have details on flights so not even sure can coordinate in one trip or not. Sister and Bro in law will be renting a place well out of my tax bracket. Rental (acom) suggestions are welcome too.
    It's not so much the model year, it's the high mileage or meterage to keep the youth of Canada happy

colorado mountain express is easy

Light rail.

PM Blurred, he runs a limo service that will drop you off at your doorstep.

^^^^ Kind of thought that's what I recalled
    It's not so much the model year, it's the high mileage or meterage to keep the youth of Canada happy

Quote Originally Posted by Mastadon View Post
    colorado mountain express is easy
    Ditto this, flew into eagle and got door to door to and from my buddy's apt; couldn't have been easier. Using them again when I go back out. Price was great too, but feel free to take that with a grain of salt. Shit ain't cheap in NY so 90 (or whatever it was) was a steal as far as I'm concerned.

If you want, PM me closer to that time, might be able to help you out for less than CME.
    I french kissed Kelly Kapowski.

Monorail!

I'm not a huge fan of CME. Renting 1 or 2 mini vans will be cheaper and give you much more flexibility.

TRAM.....
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Fly to Eagle, Duh!
    あなたのおっぱいは富士山のように美しいです。富士

Kendo Yamamoto "1984"

Quote Originally Posted by DaHeel View Post
    Fly to Eagle, Duh!
    Then walk the 30 miles to Vail? CME's going to rape you either way.

Don't fly to EGE unless it's a direct and cost about the same as DEN.

http://aspenvaillimo.com/vail-transportation
    http://aspenvaillimo.com/
    http://www.bigmountainlimo.com/

I have used or have had guests use all of these guys for less than CME with great results.
    あなたのおっぱいは富士山のように美しいです。富士

Kendo Yamamoto "1984"

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Then walk the 30 miles to Vail? CME's going to rape you either way.

Don't fly to EGE unless it's a direct and cost about the same as DEN.
    I fly all the time to Eagle from Maui and it is cheaper than bailing at DEN, supposedly VR subsidizes airlines to keep the flights cheap. CME to the transportation center from EGE is $45 but the bus is like 4 bucks if you don't mind a few stops....they are up to about 90 I think from DEN.

Vailcoach want $495 for a whole van that hold 8+... might be easier. You collect the money and ride free!

PM me. I run a property management company in Vail and can probably help you out both in accommodation and transportation. CME is super expensive now, better options exist. Are all 6-8 of you arriving at the same time or throughout the day/week?

Be careful on the mini van rental thing unless you have confirmed free or discounted parking with your lodging. Parking will bite you in the a$$

I really don't see any benefit in having your own transportation as most lodging places will provide some sort of free van service for their guests. Or, you can use the Local and ECO buses to get around if you want to get out of vail village.

Try to get the place you are staying to pick you up from EGE or if you are going to stick to DIA check with some of the posters in this thread ^ working for property management companies.

my $0.02
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Ok so this is finally on. Sorry I missed some of the accom assistance offers above but I left that to my bro in law. So we're at the lodge at lionhead which I hope is ok. It looks pretty central. Arriving DIA the morning of the March 17. Actually my sister's family gets there then we have to find flights and we'll try to match that. Not thinking of renting a car just want transport. Private if it makes sense for 6 people or shuttles instead. I will check links above and I will send PMs this weekend....or maybe book flights before bugging people. Thanks

So any recommendations or warnings about powderhound transport or summit express? We will be 6 which seems to be a bit of an in between number. Too many for the big SUVs and not enough to justify the bigger vans and their cost.

I'd do CME
    ROLL TIDE ROLL