Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Elliot's would be perfect for the clients. It's where I always took people from out of town and they all raved about how great it was. Classy, but not over the top. http://www.elliottsoysterhouse.com/about/

Hana if you're on Capitol Hill at all. It's a small Japanese place right in the middle of Broadway...sushi and more..small, cheap, quick, killer. Great people watching walk and fun neighborhood. It's basically one main road to stroll so it's a great lunch time stroll and eat spot.

Comet Tavern on Capitol Hill (E.Pike at bottom of Broadway) is a great dive bar. Live Music some nights...might be crawling with hipsters these days, but always had some good old schoolers bellied up after work.

Other good divish bars for live music are Tractor Tavern in Ballard, Sunset Tavern in Ballard (right next to Tractor), and Crocodile downtown on 2nd.

The best dive bar in the city is the 5 point cafe right next to seattle center...no contest. Roll yourself over to the other side of the bar after last call and eat brefast if you're a real man.
    Last edited by booner; 11-10-2012 at 04:11 PM.
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Pacific Inn across from the new evo shop is a great dive place, get the fish and chips or BLT.

Shultzy's on the ave has great beer and food, but might be a little too 'frat' especially on UW game days.

The Met is allways good. I'd put it on the must go list.

Tom Diuglass's places are great, as mentioned.

I'd make a stop by either the capital hill or Wallingford Dicks for one of the best $2 hamburgers out there.

Quote Originally Posted by booner View Post
    Elliot's would be perfect for the clients. It's where I always took people from out of town and they all raved about how great it was. Classy, but not over the top. http://www.elliottsoysterhouse.com/about/
    I can't tell you how many dates I took there in high school! It's good, but pretty pedestrian fare generally. Oysterfest is a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by booner View Post
    Hana if you're on Capitol Hill at all. It's a small Japanese place right in the middle of Broadway...sushi and more..small, cheap, quick, killer. Great people watching walk and fun neighborhood. It's basically one main road to stroll so it's a great lunch time stroll and eat spot.
    Can't tell you how many bad-ass hangovers I cured at Ha Na in the eighties. Ah, the good old days. Killer Karaage chicken.

Hit up Paseo's for sure - there is a second location over in Ballard near Golden Gardens park and it rarely has a line.

Mistral Kitchen is my office's go-to place for lunch and it is outstanding. The have the moistest chicken ever.

Barolo is about a block south of Mistral Kitchen on Westlake and they have one of the best happy hours in downtown, get there by 4:45 on a weekday if you want to sit.

For italian - there is a great family run hole in the wall over in West Seattle called La Rustica, this is the type of place that closes for a couple of weeks when the owner goes on vacation, just like Paseo's. Il Terrazzo in Pioneer Square is great food, but the crowd is on the geriatic side. Still worth going to. El Gaucho is the best steakhouse IMHO followed by the Met
    You Will Respect My Authoritah!

lots of good asian places in the international district (chinatown) around 7th and Jackson if you are mobile.

Pho Bac is killer cheap lunch food. One of my favorite places in town for lunch. They also have a place around 7th and pike, but IMO not a good.

Shanghai garden on 6th is a nicer place to bring clients. Hand shaven barleygreen noodles are the way to go here.

IMO, trattoria michelli (someone else mentioned) is solid reasonably price italian food. I like it, in pioneer square.
    Il Terrazzo Carmine in pioneer square or perche' no in queen anne are more expensive italian if you want to splurge.

Damn, I miss seattle sometimes. especially the food.

Jak's grill is a solid choice for steak and seafood if you don't want to break the bank. Maybe better options if you have the $$ to spend.

Damn, I live here and I need to track down some of the leads in this thread.

For nice places to take clients, my two favourites are The Capital Grille (steakhouse) and The Wild Ginger (asian/seafood/other). My mom frequents the original Capital Grille in DC, and actually thinks this one is better.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Nishino is great, but Shiro's is the best sushi in seattle. Its in belltown. Sit at the bar and get omakase. Best meal of my life.
    Perhaps you'd be more comfortable on epicski or Paula's Ski Lovers, AltaNancy.

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    Damn, I live here and I need to track down some of the leads in this thread.

For nice places to take clients, my two favourites are The Capital Grille (steakhouse) and The Wild Ginger (asian/seafood/other). My mom frequents the original Capital Grille in DC, and actually thinks this one is better.
    Was wondering if The Wild Ginger was worth a mention. Took my wife there years ago when we were a-courting. Had a fan-fucking-tastic meal there. One of my better meals out. And then got to walk out and watch a junkie shooting up in the park near there walking back to the car. Oh Seattle, you so fun. ny.

Dammit I am hungry now. Cuban sammies huh? Yum.
    Quote Originally Posted by skuba View Post
    you can let it free and be as stupid as possible

Thread Killer
    I would like to see your point of view but I can't get my head that far up your ass.

I'm going to second Paseo's and Browers for Freemont, but they aren't so close to downtown. I know Pike's is close downtown and is always good. I don't now much more about the downtown area sorry. My favorite place include some spots in Ballard like Delancey for Pizza or Naked City for beer and fancy pub food.