Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 59
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    the gach
    Posts
    5,494
    Quote Originally Posted by ak_powder_monkey View Post
    Kirkland Bourbon
    Eew. That's nasty.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    the singularity
    Posts
    344
    Not reliable for consistency, BUT...

    Find some domestic wineries with bottles $20-50 you really like and get on their mailing list. Now and then you'll have the opportunity to pick up some relatively premium wines on the cheap if willing to buy by the case.

    I recently picked up some David Bruce Pinot (Santa Lucia Highlands, Santa Rita Hills, Santa Maria Valley) for on average less than $12/bottle. They were all '03/'04 but in their heyday would've been $30+/bottle. And they're still quite tasty...

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Verdi NV
    Posts
    7,910
    I am not reaqlly sure what this thread is about?

    Last Sunday I bought a bottle of Jamision @ Walmart for 18$

    Today I Started working at 4AM PST. Today about 16:30 I cracked open the bottle, Now after working for 18 hours strait, I am 2/3 throught the bottle. I have about 4 hours work to go, to meet the (Dead Line) Thinkin the bottle will be emty when the work is done?
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Verdi NV
    Posts
    7,910
    SAPA SAPENDEF UQSPENDFA UQSPENDFAG 8-Nov

    SAPA SAPESDEF UQSPESDFA UQSPESDFAG 8-Nov

    SAPA SAPFRDEF UQSPFRDFA UQSPFRDFAG 8-Nov

    SAPA SAPHUDEF UQSPHUDFA UQSPHUDFAG 8-Nov

    SAPA SAPITDEF UQSPITDFA UQSPITDFAG 8-Nov

    SAPA SAPPTDEF UQSPPTDFA UQSPPTDFAG 8-Nov

    SAPA SAPRODEF UQSPRODFA UQSPRODFAG 8-Nov

    SAPA SAPANL1A UQSPNL1AA UQSPNL1AAG 9-Nov

    SAPA SAPANL1B UQSPNL1BA UQSPNL1BAG 9-Nov

    SAPA SAPANLDEF UQSPANDF UQSPANDFG 9-Nov

    SAPA SAPASE1A UQSPSE1AA UQSPSE1AAG 9-Nov

    SAPA SAPASE1B UQSPSE1BA UQSPSE1BAG 9-Nov

    SAPA SAPASEDEF UQSPSEDFA UQSPSEDFAG


    Shit I am almost done!! So nevermind
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    11,730
    Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    I am not reaqlly sure what this thread is about?

    Last Sunday I bought a bottle of Jamision @ Walmart for 18$

    Today I Started working at 4AM PST. Today about 16:30 I cracked open the bottle, Now after working for 18 hours strait, I am 2/3 throught the bottle. I have about 4 hours work to go, to meet the (Dead Line) Thinkin the bottle will be emty when the work is done?
    Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    SAPA SAPENDEF UQSPENDFA UQSPENDFAG 8-Nov

    SAPA SAPESDEF UQSPESDFA UQSPESDFAG 8-Nov

    SAPA SAPFRDEF UQSPFRDFA UQSPFRDFAG 8-Nov

    SAPA SAPHUDEF UQSPHUDFA UQSPHUDFAG 8-Nov

    SAPA SAPITDEF UQSPITDFA UQSPITDFAG 8-Nov

    SAPA SAPPTDEF UQSPPTDFA UQSPPTDFAG 8-Nov

    SAPA SAPRODEF UQSPRODFA UQSPRODFAG 8-Nov

    SAPA SAPANL1A UQSPNL1AA UQSPNL1AAG 9-Nov

    SAPA SAPANL1B UQSPNL1BA UQSPNL1BAG 9-Nov

    SAPA SAPANLDEF UQSPANDF UQSPANDFG 9-Nov

    SAPA SAPASE1A UQSPSE1AA UQSPSE1AAG 9-Nov

    SAPA SAPASE1B UQSPSE1BA UQSPSE1BAG 9-Nov

    SAPA SAPASEDEF UQSPSEDFA UQSPSEDFAG


    Shit I am almost done!! So nevermind
    Post Preservation Society has got your back, our tax dollars at work!

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Verdi NV
    Posts
    7,910
    Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Post Preservation Society has got your back, our tax dollars at work!
    Yea But what the fuck is SAPA and where in EMEA is BRNO?
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    the gach
    Posts
    5,494
    Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Bourbon: Buffalo Trace or Bulleitt - ~$30/handle
    Those are very different bourbons, bulleit is dry and spicy practically a rye. And buff, that's just too damn sweet IMO.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    9,400
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    For red wines, $12 - $20 is the best bang for your buck. Diminishing returns after $20 or so... (there's a lot of really good stuff for around $17 or $18).
    Yeah, any of the Franciscan Winery's price points (15.99-22.99), are amazing. You also get the better French wines in this range if you are shopping at a more high volume/large selection type place.
    Terje was right.

    "We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    the J
    Posts
    158
    diminishing returns start after about 6-8 beers for me.

    after that I know I will be paying

  10. #35
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Back in SEA
    Posts
    9,423
    Quote Originally Posted by Chugachjed View Post
    Eew. That's nasty.
    Kirkland Bourbon is made by Beam IIRC...
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    6,040
    Quote Originally Posted by jfost View Post
    Kirkland Bourbon is made by Beam IIRC...
    Kirkland is from the same distillery that makes Knob Creek, and tastes remarkably similar.
    ...Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain...

    "I enjoy skinny skiing, bullfights on acid..." - Lacy Underalls

    The problems we face will not be solved by the minds that created them.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    the gach
    Posts
    5,494
    Quote Originally Posted by jfost View Post
    Kirkland Bourbon is made by Beam IIRC...
    I've heard bad things about it. Guess I'll give it a try.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,195
    Evan is good,but Ezra Brooks is better at the same price.So good that I quit Bulleit Elijah Craig 12, and anything else more expensive up to my previous cutoff of $50

    The problem now is the rapidly escalating prices of IPA's
    picador

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Shadynasty's Jazz Club
    Posts
    8,262
    WL Weller Special Reserve is a bargain at ~$15. At ~$25, the 12 Year Old stands up to bourbons twice the price.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    36,437
    Quote Originally Posted by jon gaper View Post
    Evan is good,but Ezra Brooks is better at the same price.So good that I quit Bulleit Elijah Craig 12, and anything else more expensive up to my previous cutoff of $50

    The problem now is the rapidly escalating prices of IPA's
    Yeah, agreed, IPA prices this summer were out of control. Ithica Flower Power was never less than 15 bucks a six around here.

    I too think that Elijah Craig 12 is an excellent bargain. Unfortunately, the 18 is no longer with us. That was a very nice value at 55 around here. Back to some of my favorite single malts.

    Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    6,040
    Quote Originally Posted by Chugachjed View Post
    I've heard bad things about it. Guess I'll give it a try.
    It's not great, but it's not as bad as a kick in the nuts.
    ...Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain...

    "I enjoy skinny skiing, bullfights on acid..." - Lacy Underalls

    The problems we face will not be solved by the minds that created them.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Stuck in perpetual Meh
    Posts
    35,288
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayduke View Post
    Peasant.



    Cacique 500

    Peasant.
    Fuck off, Snob.

    1. we were talking about bang for the buck, and yes you can get a better bottle of wine from Beaujolais (NOT Nouveau!) than Burgundy at a <$15 price point. It's not even close.

    2. We weren't talking about $50/btl rum... even then the Zacapa 23y is better bang for the buck, IMHO.

    (Just checked prices in the UK - the Zacapa 23 is 2x as much as the Cacique 500? Here they're the same price!)

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Stuck in perpetual Meh
    Posts
    35,288
    Quote Originally Posted by Chugachjed View Post
    Those are very different bourbons, bulleit is dry and spicy practically a rye. And buff, that's just too damn sweet IMO.
    That's why I said "or." All depends on your palate. I like the sweeter Bourbons for adding soda or mixing Juleps, for the latter you need less simple syrup then. They're just better in hot weather. Straight up sipping I'd go for higher end than either one of those.

    If I want a rye I buy rye whiskey, not a pseudo-rye. Bulleit is tasty, but kinda close to a blend of Bourbon and Canadian whiskey, IMHO. Their straight rye whiskey is fucking tasty tho.

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    6,895
    Quote Originally Posted by BDKeg View Post
    really nice list, pretty much the same except I usually go for Cazadores on the tequila.
    I'll have to give this a try since I haven't found something similar to Espolon at the price. Always looking for new tequila to add to the arsenal.

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    36,437
    Best value in tequila, hands down, is Cazadores reposado. Not the silver or anejo (they both kinda suck), just the reposado. I can find a bottle around here for 35.

    Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

  21. #46
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sonoma & Truckee
    Posts
    11,078
    Espolon and Cazadores are both good buys. Depending on where you go, Herradura Silver can be found for not too much also.

  22. #47
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Back in SEA
    Posts
    9,423
    Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw_Willie View Post
    Kirkland is from the same distillery that makes Knob Creek, and tastes remarkably similar.
    Yeah, that's the one - Knob Creek is one of Beam's "small batch" stills...

    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Best value in tequila, hands down, is Cazadores reposado. Not the silver or anejo (they both kinda suck), just the reposado. I can find a bottle around here for 35.
    I will have to try that - I've only had the Caz Silver I think - twas OK, but nothing special...

    Milagro Silver is currently on sale here (at Safeway IIRC) for $20ish, saw it at Raley's for $19.99 too a few weeks back. I think it is a good value at $20, and usually pick up either that or Hornitos Reposado for mixing - whichever is on sale. Both are often available at the $20 level if you look around and wait for discounts.
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    6,895
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Best value in tequila, hands down, is Cazadores reposado. Not the silver or anejo (they both kinda suck), just the reposado. I can find a bottle around here for 35.
    Espolon is only $20. And you can sip on the blanco... easily.

  24. #49
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Back in SEA
    Posts
    9,423
    Quote Originally Posted by PappaG View Post
    Espolon is only $20. And you can sip on the blanco... easily.
    will try also.
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    livin the dream
    Posts
    3,507
    Not too many have mentioned beer...

    I really only buy beer in the 22oz size, unless its a cube of PBR.

    I look for a local ale/ipa/red/amber 22 in the $4-$6 range. Luckly in SD we have plenty of breweries.
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •